Author Topic: Zered of Expedition  (Read 15035 times)

MOE SYZLAK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
Re: Zered of Expedition
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 11:22:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
5boro seems apropro

hopefully can be of redbull hats
[close]

I think he's of hair, so the hat will stay.
[close]

apart from zander mitchell im drawing a blank for pros with a name that starts with a z. adds to his mystique

[close]
Zach Lyons and Zack Wallin is all I could think of 
Zarrosh Egelston ( Probably misspelled the fuck out of that)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »
Scary thought - ending up on Blind

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 01:16:00 AM »
In other news, Pops on late to work

godsguesthouse#GoodSkateByTheOtherDay #WantedToStopAndSayWhatsupButWasLateToWork #NextTime @zeredbassett

tumulishoomaroom

• Rep: 47
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 01:48:40 AM »
Rejoins with Brandon on Element.

Koozin

• Rep: -18
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 01:56:47 AM »
Tbh I never really did like Zered & Eli on Kayo. Would be dope to see them on a more independent brand like quasi or maybe even victim lol

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 03:17:37 AM »
Tbh I never really did like Zered & Eli on Kayo. Would be dope to see them on a more independent brand like quasi or maybe even victim lol

Eli has been skating Becky Factory boards. Don't know much about the company but saw the boards at Exit.

Thibaut

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2016, 03:28:20 AM »
Element? Hope he gets a payday like that

My guess also. Joining Westgate...

Chocolate seems very very unlikely... Can't really picture either on any of the new cool brands (FA, etc., ....). I don't think he's perceived as "cool enough" by those guys (understand : he's not biting the latest new trend like all the NY skaters/models).

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2016, 05:26:33 AM »
Chocolate seems very very unlikely... Can't really picture either on any of the new cool brands (FA, etc., ....). I don't think he's perceived as "cool enough" by those guys (understand : he's not biting the latest new trend like all the NY skaters/models).

Yeah, as long as he's sporting the red bull logo on his hat he will never be added to those teams.  And that logo is disgusting, takes away so much from how god damn amazing he is on a skateboard.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2016, 05:41:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, as long as he's sporting the red bull logo on his hat he will never be added to those teams.  And that logo is disgusting, takes away so much from how god damn amazing he is on a skateboard.

A logo takes away his great style and talent to ride a skateboard?? You people care too much about those little insignificant things. I rather see him with that logo knowing he is getting a good amout of cash than without it.
I once saw him skate in person at the sketchiest spot and i was shocked how easely he was skating it.
I hope he lands on 5boro, would be a sick fit!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 05:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Eli has been skating Becky Factory boards. Don't know much about the company but saw the boards at Exit.

https://vimeo.com/152021036

Sam Salganik, didn't he make a few of the early krooked videos?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 09:34:10 AM »
Really can't see him going to crailtap, when's the last time they put on some new riders? When did the Trunk boys get on, and has there been anyone since?

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 09:36:25 AM »
5boro seems apropro

hopefully can be of redbull hats
of redbull hats would probably mean needing to be on a real job for him.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:15 AM »
It's interesting to think from a sponsor's point of view and think where he is in his career. Do you guys see him as moving to a larger company than expedition or smaller? Zered is one of my top five, I think he's incredible. He seems to have stopped skating big gaps, stairs or rails completely, but he just seems to have moved on to a different style rather than regressing. He still seems to have all the ability.

I could see him on krooked, they don't care too much about corporate shit (bobby is on nike anyway, maybe red bull would be too much, but completely agree with the poster who said he gets a pass.) I could see the quasi guys having an issue with an energy drink sponsor, but I'd love to see him on quasi. 5boro I could see, but he'd probably be taking a big enough pay cut, and I think it's more likely for him to land on a bigger company than expedition than a smaller, and I really don't see him gong back to zoo any time soon. I'm trying to think of his Converse team mate's other board sponsor's.

Tl;dr-sorry I got baked and I'm very interested in speculating Zered's next sponsor.

I don't think he's looking for a bigger paycheck. He strikes me more as someone who would go with a company like 5boro cause they're more authentic. I know Redbull ain't but he's getting paid for that which is like five grand every photo or something with a hat? I thought they had a really good incentive program for their athletes. He talked about it in an interview somewhere.. I'm backing him for 5boro.

PS. Is that him in your sig gif?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:52:58 AM by posguy »

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 11:00:16 AM »
Or maybe no board sponsor? The paycheque isnt really too much in the first place probably.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 11:12:11 AM »
I'd love it he went back to 5boro but ideally I'd also love if the switch their factory back to SC so I could buy one.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
I'd love it he went back to 5boro but ideally I'd also love if the switch their factory back to SC so I could buy one.

^^^^^^^^^^

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2016, 11:40:27 AM »
Kayo is in bad shape, a lot riders haven't been getting paid.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
It's interesting to think from a sponsor's point of view and think where he is in his career. Do you guys see him as moving to a larger company than expedition or smaller? Zered is one of my top five, I think he's incredible. He seems to have stopped skating big gaps, stairs or rails completely, but he just seems to have moved on to a different style rather than regressing. He still seems to have all the ability.

I could see him on krooked, they don't care too much about corporate shit (bobby is on nike anyway, maybe red bull would be too much, but completely agree with the poster who said he gets a pass.) I could see the quasi guys having an issue with an energy drink sponsor, but I'd love to see him on quasi. 5boro I could see, but he'd probably be taking a big enough pay cut, and I think it's more likely for him to land on a bigger company than expedition than a smaller, and I really don't see him gong back to zoo any time soon. I'm trying to think of his Converse team mate's other board sponsor's.

Tl;dr-sorry I got baked and I'm very interested in speculating Zered's next sponsor.
[close]

I don't think he's looking for a bigger paycheck. He strikes me more as someone who would go with a company like 5boro cause they're more authentic. I know Redbull ain't but he's getting paid for that which is like five grand every photo or something with a hat? I thought they had a really good incentive program for their athletes. He talked about it in an interview somewhere.. I'm backing him for 5boro.

that's joe tookmanian, trick out of the new five boro flick 5bny. watch that video if you haven't, it's awesome.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2016, 11:54:50 AM »
Kayo is in bad shape, a lot riders haven't been getting paid.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2016, 12:17:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

that's joe tookmanian, trick out of the new five boro flick 5bny. watch that video if you haven't, it's awesome.

I'll definitely do that at lunch today, thanks for the heads up!

zippy z

« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2016, 12:19:14 PM »
Can someone who thinks ZB is a good fit on Chocolate please explain this line of thinking?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2016, 01:52:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

^^^^^^^^^^

I almost pulled the trigger on a Trahan VHS model but when it came down to it just couldn't.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

peacepappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -96
  • tae-tae
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2016, 01:54:56 PM »
only guy who gets a pass wearing a red bull hat. Chocolate would be awesome but somehow i cant see it happening.
ohyeahohyeah

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2016, 02:01:57 PM »

When was he on 5

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

J Casanova was getting 10 grand month. Shit, even if that was your only sponsor paying you, that's pretty good money living in most of the US. Maybe not New York though
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2016, 02:42:26 PM »
I don't think people will every fully comprehend how fucking good Zered is at skateboarding.

I never really paid attention to Zered until one day I randomly found the Zoo York videos on Netflix and binge watched all of them. He seems really rad and I like his style. Definitely embodied the baggy pants/cupsole era to the fullest

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2016, 03:10:27 PM »
Can someone who thinks ZB is a good fit on Chocolate please explain this line of thinking?

I wouldn't say it was a "good fit" really, more of an out-of-left-field addition, which just makes it cooler.

Somebody already pointed out that they have a history of East coast riders, obviously, and for me personally, the Jerry Hsu addition to the team gained them a lot points. This would be along the same line, adding somebody who is long-term established and respected, to appeal to some of the older guys, who may not be crazy about some of the newer additions. Still don't think it will happen, but I think it would be cool if it did.

Eric ricks

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2016, 03:35:29 PM »

5 boro or element would make more sense but id be super hyped to see him on chocolate.

They need an east coast switch ripper and girl/chocolate would bring him the recognition he truly deserves.

If he was in the last 5boro vid though holy shit!

zippy z

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2016, 08:38:53 PM »
Thanks for taking a stab, but crail blows it with East Coast skaters. They are a CA company and never ever get the East Coast thing correct. So...MJ is from North Cakkkalak...woohoo...he's been in CA for too long to even remotely claim EC allegiance...they lost Rizzo...please, tell me where they got it right?

Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldn't say it was a "good fit" really, more of an out-of-left-field addition, which just makes it cooler.

Somebody already pointed out that they have a history of East coast riders, obviously, and for me personally, the Jerry Hsu addition to the team gained them a lot points. This would be along the same line, adding somebody who is long-term established and respected, to appeal to some of the older guys, who may not be crazy about some of the newer additions. Still don't think it will happen, but I think it would be cool if it did.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 05:08:55 AM by redux »

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2016, 08:44:47 PM »
Can't believe no ones said it yet. He's going back to his east coast roots and joining Mocha