Author Topic: Jimmy Lannon of Lakai?  (Read 6332 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Jimmy Lannon of Lakai?
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2016, 12:18:07 AM »
Man, people are getting shoes just for posting a semi lob on i the shower these days. What happened to brand loyalty?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2016, 12:26:06 AM »
Man, people are getting shoes just for posting a semi lob on i the shower these days. What happened to brand loyalty?
The scene is saturated and guys need to eat. Of course, most tend to go overboard.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2016, 03:13:39 AM »
I like Lannon, just like I like Donger lieu, but I agree with the criticism. I'm not completely writing him off or anything. He looks awesome on a board, but every time I see his parts I feel like I'm constantly waiting for him to do "more". The only image I ever have of him is ollieing up a tall platform or ledge and riding along it casually for awhile, until he pops off. Sometimes it's sick, sometimes its redundant , so I end up losing my attention. He's still good to watch, just too minimal. The "all style & quality (the only things that matter)" mantra can have its shortcomings, too.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2016, 05:52:43 AM »
I'd rather the skateboard world be completely over saturated with Jimmy Lannon photos and footage than under-saturated
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this