Author Topic: NIKES DONE WE DID IT GUYS!!  (Read 11377 times)

jim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -23
  • Guess that's why they call it window pane
Does it hurt when you skate?
If no: Go skate
If yes: Go skate

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Re: NIKES DONE WE DID IT GUYS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 06:18:17 AM »
You'll have no shoes to skate then...

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

jim

• Rep: -23
  • Guess that's why they call it window pane
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 06:21:06 AM »
good
Does it hurt when you skate?
If no: Go skate
If yes: Go skate

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 08:38:57 AM »
They're talking about "slaves"

The child workers who choose to work in sweat shops get paid a small and feeble amount, and get to go home.
Although it is criminal, and I disagree with it.. Nike is not going anywhere.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 09:25:41 AM »
#notallsweatshops

BMCsteve

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 09:35:33 AM »
Is Nike in the business of importing fish?  Is Nyjah getting paid in salmon?  This article raises more questions than it answers

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 09:43:58 AM »
This is more symbolic than anything. I don't see how this can be enforced that strictly.
you never know about pre-cum 

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
Sweet, thanks Obama!

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
little fact: because of all of the heavy scrutiny a few years ago Nike now uses neither Slave nor child labor. If the factory they contract out to is found to use either, they lose their contract.
Still, Fuck Nike anyway. Not using slaves is a pretty weak reason to like a product.

Vans on the other hand....that shit in Bangladesh....
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

richhomie

• Rep: -3
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
No more African mined gold Dunks, I guess.

http://TheDiplohats.etsy.com

my vintage hat store ^

ass nugs

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »
i always thought koston and prod made all of the nike sb's from scratch

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 11:08:13 AM »
Sweet, thanks Obama!

lol dude you're canadian
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »
slave discourse is not funny at all, it is something to joke and feel conscious about, but what if your dad suicides in a pair of salazars with a note for you in the fucking tongue pocket. then you ll realize we all are fucking slaves, even the jokes who dont do anything and get drunk because they are finishing their degree; and then they go about buying another pair of whatever because blah blah blah

Im feeling cynical I admit it, but honestly there is no point already. I break every fucking shoe on the inside of the ankle and I think its because of my feet. If we break the system it will be because we lay toward a concrete direction.

Guess what, nike will be over when the system is over, and if I live to be there I will delight on it

PD: I do not work for nike

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2016, 04:31:01 PM »
slave discourse is not funny at all, it is something to joke and feel conscious about, but what if your dad suicides in a pair of salazars with a note for you in the fucking tongue pocket. then you ll realize we all are fucking slaves, even the jokes who dont do anything and get drunk because they are finishing their degree; and then they go about buying another pair of whatever because blah blah blah

Im feeling cynical I admit it, but honestly there is no point already. I break every fucking shoe on the inside of the ankle and I think its because of my feet. If we break the system it will be because we lay toward a concrete direction.

Guess what, nike will be over when the system is over, and if I live to be there I will delight on it

I'm not sure why I'm quoting this but here we are...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2016, 04:40:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it's because it reminds us all a little bit of Rainbow Equality.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2016, 04:44:38 PM »
little fact: because of all of the heavy scrutiny a few years ago Nike now uses neither Slave nor child labor. If the factory they contract out to is found to use either, they lose their contract.
Still, Fuck Nike anyway. Not using slaves is a pretty weak reason to like a product.

Vans on the other hand....that shit in Bangladesh....
Nike has all of their factories and suppliers listed on their CSR site. Nike is, like it or not, one of the best companies in terms of CSR in their weight class.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 05:31:37 PM »
#slaveeverydamnday

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Personally I like the underlined quote. I also liked how they stated that they don't work for Nike even though it was pretty damn obvious.
Who is this mystery underrated poster, and where has he/ she been for the last 4 years?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »
ive been listening to a lot of daniel johnston lately shits tight bro

would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 03:23:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Personally I like the underlined quote. I also liked how they stated that they don't work for Nike even though it was pretty damn obvious.
Who is this mystery underrated poster, and where has he/ she been for the last 4 years?

In the last 4 years, I stopped filming clips, I had a psychotic breakdown due to marihuana and stress, I got a girlfriend, I got over the statistical and biological subjects on my psychology degree, I travelled to Munich and Viena, I discovered the pleasure of feeling older, and in return I'm posting bullshit again. Thanks to NIKE. Im kidding. But I did get some ck1's. Nobody has them yet at the university. I feel the same as when I first bought some high top janoskis and people would stare with a perplexed face and make some comments you yankees love like: what are those.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 08:59:26 AM »
what if your dad suicides in a pair of salazars with a note for you in the fucking tongue pocket.

Whole post blew my mind, but this is amazing.

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
Expand Quote
what if your dad suicides in a pair of salazars with a note for you in the fucking tongue pocket.
[close]

Whole post blew my mind, but this is amazing.

Agreed. Best sentence posted in a long time.
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Johnny Rad

• Rep: 13
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »

This is even better if you imagine the frontman of like a Brazilian metal band grunting this in broken english right before they kick in to a heavy ass song.
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Tay

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 10:10:33 AM »
#slaveeverydamnday

I never really understood this current attitude regarding Nike and slave labor.

http://guide.ethical.org.au/guide/browse/guide/?type=735

I get the Nike hate but make it accurate. This is coming from someone who buys es shoes produced by Sole Technology (abysmal ethical ratings across the board).  :-\

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2016, 10:53:14 AM »
Historically Nike's labor record is atrocious. They were one of the pioneers of off shore slave labor. Public pressure has resulted in them changing their ways, but its not too off base to associate that company with slavery or sketchy labor.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2016, 10:55:08 AM »
Air Jordans are manufactured in China and reportedly cost Nike a bit more than $16 a pair. The Air Jordan 10s are listed on Amazon for $250 to $550 a pair, depending on the style and color

#slaveeverydamnday

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2016, 11:06:06 AM »
Air Jordans are manufactured in China and reportedly cost Nike a bit more than $16 a pair. The Air Jordan 10s are listed on Amazon for $250 to $550 a pair, depending on the style and color

#slaveeverydamnday

doesn't that have to do with resale value, and nothing to do with slave labor?

Tay

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2016, 11:07:18 AM »
Historically Nike's labor record is atrocious. They were one of the pioneers of off shore slave labor. Public pressure has resulted in them changing their ways, but its not too off base to associate that company with slavery or sketchy labor.

I'm well aware of their past, as I've said before the "current attitude" regarding Nike. Nike CURRENTLY has better ethics than core skate brands. I don't like it, but it is what it is. And of course, things change so what's your point here?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2016, 01:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm well aware of their past, as I've said before the "current attitude" regarding Nike. Nike CURRENTLY has better ethics than core skate brands. I don't like it, but it is what it is. And of course, things change so what's your point here?
My point is that sometimes things change but attitudes don't. It takes a lot longer to repair a reputation than the problem that hurt the reputation.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2016, 07:47:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
My point is that sometimes things change but attitudes don't. It takes a lot longer to repair a reputation than the problem that hurt the reputation.
You can associate ANY company in the apparel or footwear company with sketchy labor. H&M? Check. GAP? Check. Dickies? Check.
Even US DOD suppliers fucking check that box, that means US based sweatshops.

It is a disgusting business if you dig into it, and the only way to change it is to support the ones currently doing good, in this case Nike is one of them. They admitted their shitty practice in 1998 and in 99 they started the FLA: http://www.fairlabor.org/
If you want to stay stuck in the 90s (if you skate I guess you do...) then fine, but if not get with the times.