Author Topic: Koston Hyperfeel Interview  (Read 9969 times)

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
Re: Koston Hyperfeel Interview
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:48:13 AM »
Yuck.

Eric ricks

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:15:52 AM »
Ill pass

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 07:31:19 AM »
I thought this was going to be an interview with the shoe
hardly art, hardly starving

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 10:59:00 AM »
For when you have a $150 burning a hole in your pocket and want to be able to go straight from skating to your indoor soccer game. Otherwise, fuck no. I play soccer, too and I wouldn't even wear boots that look like that.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 11:19:34 AM »
first thing I thought of:

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 12:48:03 PM »
Maybe if they ever drop to $80, just maybe
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 01:04:03 PM »
150 for skate shoes is insulting! Price should drop before summer, maybe n clearance racks too. Koston obviously doesn't care about skaters, no skater would design a shoe to cost 150 for the kids! P rod too fuck that guy, nike can blow me.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 01:09:18 PM »
I copped, and I have to say, they look kinda goofy but once i changed out they insoles, it was $15 bucks well spent (half-price at buffalo exchange cause nobody bought them for a week)

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 01:23:15 PM »
$150 for skate shoes?  Fuck no. Make the regular Kostons in a black and white colorway like every other shoe and I might buy some Nikes for $60 but I doubt it.

FROST YOUR TIPS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -56
  • Alex Olson's Personal Stylist
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2016, 05:19:34 PM »
LOL @ Koston complaining about people putting out too much footage.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2016, 05:43:30 PM »
damn even the photo at the top of the article with koston he's got that hype beast haircut.

i love the dude and his skating but i can't see these with all their technology being a sturdy long lasting skate shoe.
good come sausage

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2016, 06:29:33 PM »
The Koston 1 and Koston 2 were/are both phenomenal skate shoes. The K2 wasn't as popular with a lot of people because of the look and extremely tight fit, but that said, the fit is what made it so great IMO. The heel lock in the K2 is second to none. Anyway, my point is Koston designs his shoes with a lot of attention to fit, shape, and skateability so my guess is this K3 is a really good skate shoe.

I'm definitely down to skate it but that $150 price tag is bumming me out.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2016, 07:36:08 PM »
Tactics has a ton of tech details & pics for shoe nerds: http://www.tactics.com/info/nike-sb-koston-3-hyperfeel-skate-shoes

The red & black colorways are dope IMO. $150 is too expensive for a skate shoe but I'd cop at a lower price

Cinco

• Rep: 5
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 07:53:37 PM »
Wow, I'd rather wear D3's than those shits.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
150 for skate shoes is insulting! Price should drop before summer, maybe n clearance racks too. Koston obviously doesn't care about skaters, no skater would design a shoe to cost 150 for the kids! P rod too fuck that guy, nike can blow me.

It's $150 with the "tech and design" of the shoe. Koston doesn't set the price. He's not like "let's make me shoe so 1 of 10 skaters can afford it". Nike sets the price.

Or Maybe that's his plan, lol.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Tracer

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

It's $150 with the "tech and design" of the shoe. Koston doesn't set the price. He's not like "let's make me shoe so 1 of 10 skaters can afford it". Nike sets the price.

If you were Koston would you design a shoe skater kids can't afford? Prod is just as bad, enough with the technology shit, Nikes only shoes that stuck longterm were the dunkSB and Blazers! All others are a cash grab, there is literally no reason for a sock embedded in the shoe.. Or that tiny little airbag under the heel. Complete gimmicks we will laugh at 1 year from now.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
If you were Koston would you design a shoe skater kids can't afford? Prod is just as bad, enough with the technology shit, Nikes only shoes that stuck longterm were the dunkSB and Blazers! All others are a cash grab, there is literally no reason for a sock embedded in the shoe.. Or that tiny little airbag under the heel. Complete gimmicks we will laugh at 1 year from now.

All I know is, sign me up for a free pair. If under $75, I will think about it.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Tracer

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 08:39:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

You're willing 2 MAYBE pay 50% for Nikes "most technologically advanced skate shoe ever." That says a lot. There's no way this shoe is easy to put on or off. Breathability must be an issue with nothing escaping up top, probably just some sweaty sock liner after every sesh, bet these shoes get stinky real quick.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2016, 09:03:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
You're willing 2 MAYBE pay 50% for Nikes "most technologically advanced skate shoe ever." That says a lot. There's no way this shoe is easy to put on or off. Breathability must be an issue with nothing escaping up top, probably just some sweaty sock liner after every sesh, bet these shoes get stinky real quick.

Took me 2 min each when it was brand new to put them on, for sure your foot isn't going anywhere when you are wearing them.

As for skating, no idea what the hell the sockliner feels like after the session yet.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2016, 09:53:11 PM »
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2016, 10:24:35 PM »
^
eS, make and release that shoe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 11:30:46 PM »
Funny how hard we tried to like BA's shoe......

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2016, 01:14:58 AM »
Funny how hard we tried to like BA's shoe......

I didnt try anything. I loved them from the very first sight... Still skating a pair.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Eric ricks

« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 02:53:52 AM »
The dc pure is the worst skateshoe I think I have ever had, and id rather have another pair than these koston 3s.

Only nike sb shoes ive ever had were the koston 2s and its a great shoe but it lasted like 10 days

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 03:48:18 AM »
$150 for a shoe that is going to get obliterated from use is outrageous.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
The sock liner is made out flyknit so it should be pretty breathe able. They talked about in the interview.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
Another interview on highsnobiety:

http://www.highsnobiety.com/2016/02/29/eric-koston-nike-hyperfeel-3-interview/

Nike is clearly going for the hypebeast segment instead of skaters.
It appears througout their marketing strategy as well as the design and the price of the shoe.

Nonetheless, these shoes probably skate well.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »
This is laughable, they've jumped the shark.