Author Topic: Should I take Xanax?  (Read 8772 times)

Green Bastard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Should I take Xanax?
« on: March 10, 2016, 06:22:15 PM »
My anxiety has been up and down the past year or so and I've just kinda had enough of it. I was at a party and talking to people taking xanax and one taking lexapro. I feel if I take meds my I can concentrate on school and shit instead of worrying all the time.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Should I take Xanax?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
Hell no. Exercise, social life, sleep and work. That's all it takes, Xanax won't get you there.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
Xanax and other benzo's do help people but if you do the research you'll find it's a nightmare for some when they try to stop taking it. Some claim it has worse withdrawals than heroin. I took it recreationally a few times and it helped me relax. I didn't take the entire bar and get zonked out like a lot of people do, just enough to take the edge off.

Some psychiatrists will put you on a class of antidepressants that have been known to combat anxiety, as they feel it works better than benzodiazepines. I would just do your own research and see a psychologist, they aren't quick to give you drugs and they tend to go with cognitive behavioral therapy. CBT has a higher success rate especially when combined with whatever drugs you're prescribed..and that's if you actually need them.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 07:29:13 PM »
If you can go to parties then no.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 07:54:25 PM »
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 07:59:09 PM »
  The feelings you're describing tell me you are going thru some change?.  Go the direction of what you percieve as 'neurosis' and see it to its natural conclusion.  Don't deviate with pills trying to stay like you were.  Transformation in life is not easy but if you  get pharmed out you may miss this unique opportunity.  (basically suck it up bub, whatever life has, accept all things.)  + what Tracer said.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:11:50 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »

skateskateskate

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 08:13:50 PM »
I was at a party and talking to people

Coenobita

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:14:10 PM »
Hitler was right, big parma JEWS did the EU. I plead the bod of JESUS over u and ur life. Amen. Illuminati? pharmaceutical death industry. Wuld u vaccin ur kids?!@

doublesteveburger

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 10:25:09 PM »
Expand Quote
I was at a party and talking to people
[close]

If you can go to parties then no.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 10:31:27 PM »
no.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2016, 01:06:35 AM »
Medication without therapy is not a long term solutions. Talk to real psychologists, dont ask people here. I feel like i have to warn you, though. Benzos and alcohol should never be combined, Ive done some borderline insane and aggressive things on that combo. Also, the withdrawal is insane. When i was in my fourth detox, I was glad that I was not a pillhead, them people have a hard time.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2016, 02:24:21 AM »
if you drink caffeine, stop. it made a big difference for me...your mind won't race as much.  i never tried meds. i don't want to deal with withdrawals, or lose my boners.

hup

• Rep: 9
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2016, 04:08:49 AM »
Hitler was right, big parma JEWS did the EU. I plead the bod of JESUS over u and ur life. Amen. Illuminati? pharmaceutical death industry. Wuld u vaccin ur kids?!@

Umm...  Are you okay?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2016, 04:43:48 AM »
I have a Xanax prescription.  It really helps me for certain things.  I hardly ever take it though, maybe one every two weeks or so.  Sometimes, psychologically, it's enough just to know I have one in my pocket, and I end up not even taking it.  My Dr. actually told me I don't go through my prescription fast enough for my level of anxiety. 

I take it mainly for meetings/presentations at work.  It helps me speak slower and organize my thoughts, instead of being nervous and all over the place.  One thing that is great about the drug is it is very fast acting.  If I'm stressed in a meeting, I put one under my tongue and a few mins later, everything is cool.   

But, like others have said, therapy, proper sleep, exercise, etc. are all key components of controlling anxiety. 

With the number of idiots abusing Xanax and other pills recently, it's really hard to get a new prescription if you go to a reputable Dr.  Especially if you ask for it by name.  But, there are always B-level Dr.'s out there who love to write 'scripts.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2016, 04:54:31 AM »
I find that evacuating my balls of semen as often as possible relieves a lot of anxiety.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2016, 05:35:45 AM »
if you drink caffeine, stop. it made a big difference for me...your mind won't race as much.  i never tried meds. i don't want to deal with withdrawals, or lose my boners.

I was on Effexor for awhile and this is true.  #bonersmatter.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 06:16:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was on Effexor for awhile and this is true.  #bonersmatter.
I could always get boners but it was harder to finish. It takes more than a few minutes but my usual whacking-off time is about 60-90 minutes so I had it covered.

Coenobita

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 06:32:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Umm...  Are you okay?

I was channelling my inner CigBeer. But really, mental disorders in men are often viewed as a sign of weakness by society, as if it's your fault you feel this way. The brain is a biological organ like any other which can have chemical imbalances. There's no sense living in misery. Talk to a psychologist and get their professional opinion. Here's to hoping you find your path to mental health.  :)

Ha, you're the best.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 06:34:28 AM »
  "Don't talk to people here or trust you're friends (no ones life expierience counts at all).  You must go to a highly paid professional who has no personal connection.  Clinical.  Stringent."
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 06:36:39 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Umm...  Are you okay?
[close]

I was channelling my inner CigBeer. But really, mental disorders in men are often viewed as a sign of weakness by society, as if it's your fault you feel this way. The brain is a biological organ like any other which can have chemical imbalances. There's no sense living in misery. Talk to a psychologist and get their professional opinion. Here's to hoping you find your path to mental health.  :)

Expand Quote
[close]

Ha, you're the best.

Their professional opinion usually involves a prescription.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 01:10:55 PM »
I'd advise against it. One of the guys I skate with is really into partying; he took a bar of Xanax along with his usual alcohol. As the story goes, it didn't go well. He kept trying to fight everyone and was going around flexing on everyone. I have pretty bad anxiety, but I have no interest in it just from the stories I've heard, along with the fact that it's super addictive. Just cut caffeine first, and go to a doctor. See where it goes from there.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 01:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Umm...� Are you okay?
[close]

I was channelling my inner CigBeer. But really, mental disorders in men are often viewed as a sign of weakness by society, as if it's your fault you feel this way. The brain is a biological organ like any other which can have chemical imbalances. There's no sense living in misery. Talk to a psychologist and get their professional opinion. Here's to hoping you find your path to mental health.� :)

Expand Quote
[close]

Ha, you're the best.

[close]
Their professional opinion usually involves a prescription.

Great fucking point, Dr Rollergirl!

Even if the guy will get a prescription, it might be for proper SSRI/alpha blockers and not benzos. Hell, not all benzos are the same (Valium has longer half life, Xanax shorter).

Again, go to a fucking doctor. Self medication is not the proper solution, especially when based on opinions of complete retards.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:06:26 PM by iKobrakai »

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 01:42:12 PM »
Better to be anxious than addicted to pills. Also, I have a bit of a disorder myself and therapy has helped a lot

Eric ricks

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2016, 03:34:36 PM »
Ive been trying to get off clonazepam for 2.5 years.

Its a fuckin nighmare and should only be used in extreme situations.

I have PTSD, do as much therapy and counselling as I can.

These pills are extremely effective when needed. But after that your just an addict. The anxiety/panic attacks come back 100 fold.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 07:35:14 PM »
But should I take Xanax?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 07:52:12 PM »
But should I take Xanax?

We should take Xanax and spend like $4,000 at Dave & Buster's.

straight

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »
But should I take Xanax?
ya that could be pretty funny actually. lk130 posts like he's on some sort of downer

Green Bastard

• Rep: 7
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 08:08:10 PM »
After reading how somebody took a bunch of xanax and ended up in a dog house naked covered in blood I'm probably not gonna take xanax soon but I'm still thinking bout it, zoloft has better reviews than xanax.
But I'm probably gonna quit coffee, which sucks since I love the taste of coffee.

Eric ricks

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 08:56:31 PM »
After reading how somebody took a bunch of xanax and ended up in a dog house naked covered in blood I'm probably not gonna take xanax soon but I'm still thinking bout it, zoloft has better reviews than xanax.
But I'm probably gonna quit coffee, which sucks since I love the taste of coffee.

Just go decaffe