Author Topic: Should I take Xanax?  (Read 8779 times)

colin

Re: Should I take Xanax?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 09:16:54 PM »
My friend is a Buddhist monk and, usually, our conversations start with him saying something like, "Life is suffering." I asked his opinion about something because I was judging myself negatively for some behavior that I thought was out-of-line with what is accepted by society. You know how people say stuff like, "As long as you're aware of it, that's a start."
Well, I think they've got it all wrong, or at least 90% wrong.
My friend said all can do is be aware of it, and observe it. The key is not to judge it positively or negatively, just notice it.
I do it now sometimes. I'll be at a store and I'm like Oh, this is overwhelming and I don't know what to say and it seems like everything that comes out of my mouth is awkward, and, in the past, I would just freak out like Oh no, this is a serious problem and I'm digging deeper and things are getting worse! Now, sometimes I notice I'm doing that, and I take a step back and let the shit happen in my mind but I don't judge it, I just watch it, and then it's almost like it becomes a little game or something but it is certainly not painful.

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 10:00:19 PM »
Alright mother fuckers people actually do need these type of pills to do day to day shit. I was on kpins when i was 14 but i did what the doctor told me and took them only for an emergency, which is what you're supposed to do on these meds. First though you need to be hooked up on an SSRI, don't listen to people saying "oh yeah they don't do anything, eat better and exercise will work more" This may be true for people that RARELY have panic attacks. I had panic attacks everyday for 3 years, still do but not as bad anymore because i found the right SSRI. The SSRI help drastically to help me expand my abilities to go out and do shit. Our brains our fucked up and we need meds. Don't fucking buy them from a person though, go to a doctor and talk to them about whats the best for you. People think doctors prescribe you the most hardcore drugs but they don't, those same people think weed is amazing. Just go see a doctor

Eric ricks

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
Alright mother fuckers people actually do need these type of pills to do day to day shit. I was on kpins when i was 14 but i did what the doctor told me and took them only for an emergency, which is what you're supposed to do on these meds. First though you need to be hooked up on an SSRI, don't listen to people saying "oh yeah they don't do anything, eat better and exercise will work more" This may be true for people that RARELY have panic attacks. I had panic attacks everyday for 3 years, still do but not as bad anymore because i found the right SSRI. The SSRI help drastically to help me expand my abilities to go out and do shit. Our brains our fucked up and we need meds. Don't fucking buy them from a person though, go to a doctor and talk to them about whats the best for you. People think doctors prescribe you the most hardcore drugs but they don't, those same people think weed is amazing. Just go see a doctor

Thats similar to me tobey.

I couldnt function, something in my brain just went off, at 34.  Massive panic attacks daily, couldnt do shit. Didnt even wanna drive or go to a store. Work was fucked, like i was being tortured everyday.

Kpins and paroxetine in the right dose and I was good to go. Not perfect, but i could function.

Still, alot of therapy and counselling needed to get to the root cause and learn new coping skills was def. Needed, and still is.

Lots of breathing exercises etc too... helps alot. So does exercise.

Its a fuckin full on battle man, unless you suffer from it people have no idea how bad it is

doublesteveburger

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 10:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
After reading how somebody took a bunch of xanax and ended up in a dog house naked covered in blood I'm probably not gonna take xanax soon but I'm still thinking bout it, zoloft has better reviews than xanax.
But I'm probably gonna quit coffee, which sucks since I love the taste of coffee.
[close]

Just go decaffe

Taking Xanax makes more sense to me than drinking a cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Go see a doctor and don't take dog drugs.

Eric ricks

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 10:31:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
After reading how somebody took a bunch of xanax and ended up in a dog house naked covered in blood I'm probably not gonna take xanax soon but I'm still thinking bout it, zoloft has better reviews than xanax.
But I'm probably gonna quit coffee, which sucks since I love the taste of coffee.
[close]

Just go decaffe
[close]

Taking Xanax makes more sense to me than drinking a cup of decaffeinated coffee.

Benzos can certainly turn a shitty artist into an interesting artist

doublesteveburger

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 10:38:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Just go decaffe
[close]

[close]

Benzos can certainly turn a shitty artist into an interesting artist

good point  ;)

shit_for_brains

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Just go decaffe
[close]

Well hold on...

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2016, 07:21:21 AM »
Do try dog drugs.

Expand Quote
But should I take Xanax?
[close]

We should take Xanax and spend like $4,000 at Dave & Buster's.

I want in on this.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2016, 12:39:30 PM »
You're not gonna get a good answer here. You need to go see a vet.

Eric ricks

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »
You're not gonna get a good answer here. You need to go see a vet.

Thats mah dawg!

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2016, 04:03:17 PM »
  Be open minded.  You can jar yourself out of a mental tendancy.  I think thats what anxiety is; going into 'fight or flight' at times you don't need to.  Doing somthing cathartic can break you out of a bad cycle.  I take acid prolly 10 times a year or more and I find that it will break up little developing patterns(like anxiety) before they snowball.  (I take it in the morning on days with really good surf and then just stay out at the beach)
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2016, 04:57:58 PM »
RE: Dog Drugs...

All this research lately on Ketamine's massive benefits on depression are really interesting. I'd love to try the stuff someday. It's a Horse Drug, right?

I was on Sertraline for a while and it didn't really do much for me. It made me feel pretty crappy, physically. I'm thinking about trying to get on another SSRI soon, I'm relatively functional lately but I definitely can hit panic mode quite easily.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2016, 05:36:43 PM »

All this research lately on Ketamine's massive benefits on depression are really interesting. I'd love to try the stuff someday. It's a Horse Drug, right?

I was on Sertraline for a while and it didn't really do much for me. It made me feel pretty crappy, physically. I'm thinking about trying to get on another SSRI soon, I'm relatively functional lately but I definitely can hit panic mode quite easily.

I think the "horse drug" part of it was mostly media sensationalism. It's used for a lot of things, but "horse tranquilizer" has a nice outrageous ring to it. I mean yeah it tranquilizes horses, but it tranquilizes anything you give it to.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2016, 01:14:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think the "horse drug" part of it was mostly media sensationalism. It's used for a lot of things, but "horse tranquilizer" has a nice outrageous ring to it. I mean yeah it tranquilizes horses, but it tranquilizes anything you give it to.
It was developed as a battle field anaesthetic, it disconnects body and mind so if a soldier had a leg blown off they could treat them on the battle field without knocking them out and it's really really hard to OD someone on it. In my opinion, don't try it, it's not that great.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2016, 05:30:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
It was developed as a battle field anaesthetic, it disconnects body and mind so if a soldier had a leg blown off they could treat them on the battle field without knocking them out and it's really really hard to OD someone on it. In my opinion, don't try it, it's not that great.

Indeed. Ketamine is a dissociative drug, has nothing to do with benzos, GHB and alcohol. I fucking loved it when I was strung out. It will cause a great dependency, even if many doctors never even talk about K-heads. Thank God for DSM-V.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »
Look in the narc kit of any paramedic and you'll find ketamine.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2016, 10:31:14 AM »
Look in the narc kit of any paramedic and you'll find ketamine.
Post natal nurses trolley dip it too, they give it to premature babies (in tiny amounts) when their skin isn't prepared for life outside the womb. Guy I used to know swore baby K was better but I think it all probably came from the same lab and he was full of shit.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2016, 10:54:51 AM »
Ketamine babies are destined for greatness

Nate

• Rep: 41
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 12:12:41 AM »
Yeah just keep it out of your nose.

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1284
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2016, 04:09:02 AM »
Do try dog drugs.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
But should I take Xanax?
[close]

We should take Xanax and spend like $4,000 at Dave & Buster's.
[close]

I want in on this.
my friend got burger sliders at dave and busters and it was just a burger cut in 4 pieces. forever backing d&b
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.