Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 9382 times)

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:13 PM »
Fancy Lad has a podcast, it's alright. Not that great, they mainly just interview friends so it's not exactly anything most people would care about unless you're a big Fancy Lad fan.

If you're a fan of video game music, Retro Game Audio is an AMAZING podcast. They dig deep and have lots of obscure gems to get acquainted with, I love it so much.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2018, 12:40:39 PM »
Fancy Lad has a podcast, it's alright. Not that great, they mainly just interview friends so it's not exactly anything most people would care about unless you're a big Fancy Lad fan.

If you're a fan of video game music, Retro Game Audio is an AMAZING podcast. They dig deep and have lots of obscure gems to get acquainted with, I love it so much.

Cool, what's the name of the Fancy Lad podcast?

Citations Needed is pretty great.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

AsianVegan

• Rep: 29
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2018, 04:24:41 AM »
I've been really liking this one. It basically just 2 people swapping interesting facts about everyday ingredients but its super enjoyable. Emily Naismith is my new crush.
http://ingredipedia.com.au/

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
Caliphate is one that's only just getting going but has me hooked already. The NYT's terrorism reporter talks about her experiences trying to understand life under ISIS. First few eps have some pretty amazing interview recordings with a Canadian kid that went overseas to fight with them.

Your Kickstarter Sucks is a great time too, for something completely different.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »
The 'Coffee break's to keep french and spanish on lock. Might add german. Basic but useful.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Been listening to one called "Plumbing the Death Eaters", its just four guys hanging shit on the harry potter universe, its pretty funny

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • Stuffed Animal Serial Killer
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2018, 04:40:36 PM »
I really enjoy Jocko Willink podcasts.  He has a couple books out which were fun to read.  He's a gnarly military guy but I appreciate his extreme dedication to discipline, I find it inspiring.

Basically, in the first (roughly) 30 episodes, he covers war related books and provides commentary.  The content he covers is, at times, totally fucking brutal (i.e., 800,000+ people murdered in Rwanda by machetes).  It is tragic to hear, but beneficial I believe in knowing what humanity is capable of.   
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.