Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 10396 times)

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #120 on: May 11, 2018, 09:22:13 PM »
Fancy Lad has a podcast, it's alright. Not that great, they mainly just interview friends so it's not exactly anything most people would care about unless you're a big Fancy Lad fan.

If you're a fan of video game music, Retro Game Audio is an AMAZING podcast. They dig deep and have lots of obscure gems to get acquainted with, I love it so much.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2018, 12:40:39 PM »
Fancy Lad has a podcast, it's alright. Not that great, they mainly just interview friends so it's not exactly anything most people would care about unless you're a big Fancy Lad fan.

If you're a fan of video game music, Retro Game Audio is an AMAZING podcast. They dig deep and have lots of obscure gems to get acquainted with, I love it so much.

Cool, what's the name of the Fancy Lad podcast?

Citations Needed is pretty great.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

AsianVegan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2018, 04:24:41 AM »
I've been really liking this one. It basically just 2 people swapping interesting facts about everyday ingredients but its super enjoyable. Emily Naismith is my new crush.
http://ingredipedia.com.au/

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2018, 01:07:30 PM »
Caliphate is one that's only just getting going but has me hooked already. The NYT's terrorism reporter talks about her experiences trying to understand life under ISIS. First few eps have some pretty amazing interview recordings with a Canadian kid that went overseas to fight with them.

Your Kickstarter Sucks is a great time too, for something completely different.

Mark Renton

• Rep: 26
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2018, 01:31:26 PM »
The 'Coffee break's to keep french and spanish on lock. Might add german. Basic but useful.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2018, 04:17:25 PM »
Been listening to one called "Plumbing the Death Eaters", its just four guys hanging shit on the harry potter universe, its pretty funny

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • Stuffed Animal Serial Killer
« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2018, 04:40:36 PM »
I really enjoy Jocko Willink podcasts.  He has a couple books out which were fun to read.  He's a gnarly military guy but I appreciate his extreme dedication to discipline, I find it inspiring.

Basically, in the first (roughly) 30 episodes, he covers war related books and provides commentary.  The content he covers is, at times, totally fucking brutal (i.e., 800,000+ people murdered in Rwanda by machetes).  It is tragic to hear, but beneficial I believe in knowing what humanity is capable of.   
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #127 on: September 06, 2018, 02:41:52 PM »
It's Lauren Lapkus' birthday today, so everybody should go and subscribe to her (somewhat) new podcast with Paul F. Tompkins and Scott Aukerman, Threedom:
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/threedom-premium
I just started listening to it like a week ago and it's hilarious. It's a paid podcast, but you can get like a month of Stitcher for free, if you put in THREEDOM as a promo code.

Another paid podcast that's totally worth it is Action Boyz:
https://www.patreon.com/ActionBoyz
I know there's at least a few Jon Gabrus fans on here.

I also just finished listening to the first season of Slow Burn, it's about Watergate and is super good. I'm about to start the second season, that focuses on the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/slow_burn.html
Nancy Drew

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2018, 07:20:45 PM »
If anyone else is a Simpsons buff, Talking Simpsons is a chronological podcast going through every single episode and discussing all the jokes, behind the scenes facts, etc. Right now they're in the middle of season 8. They also have a podcast called What A Cartoon where they give similar treatment to other animated shows in terms of analysis.

cilantro

• Rep: -5
  • human bean
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2018, 08:03:15 PM »
Man I was just gonna be annoying and suggest y’all check out the Nine Club, ended up finding 15+ podcasts to subscribe to
fuckin 540 head ass i already know youre doing a fakie full cab with an extra pivot you fucking piece of shit

Billy Bitchcakes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2018, 12:37:49 PM »
If anyone else is a Simpsons buff, Talking Simpsons is a chronological podcast going through every single episode and discussing all the jokes, behind the scenes facts, etc. Right now they're in the middle of season 8. They also have a podcast called What A Cartoon where they give similar treatment to other animated shows in terms of analysis.

haven't listened to that but Four Finger Discount is another in the same vein with 2 aussie blokes, they do a good run through of the episodes and have a few interviews etc as well. if you're a rick and morty fan then A Plumbus Among Us is a good one for that too

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
Nancy Drew

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -12
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2018, 10:22:48 PM »
 Listen to very few. But if you want a hockey podcast listen to puck soup.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

midevilco

• Rep: -25
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2018, 11:46:59 PM »
No Agenda Show.

Breaks down stories in the news, and the various mainstream media memes from an everyman's perspective.

Live twice a week on Thursdays and Sundays at 9am. Listen to the recent episode anytime @

http://www.noagendashow.com/

Adam is a former MTV VJ and generally viewed as the podfather.

No podcasting thread would be complete without his mention.

John Dvorak is a tech reporter from the early days, and is jaded as a 30+ year old slap poster.

If you listen to that Pod Saves America crap, they might just shit down your throat.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 11:48:52 PM by midevilco »