Author Topic: Shoes that won't die/you wont throw away  (Read 4259 times)

Frosty178

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Shoes that won't die/you wont throw away
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
Supra Raider low, some of the comfiest shoes I've owned. They're beaten to death and live in my cupboard.

This colour.

Right next to those is a pair of Supra Cruizers. Wish I had bought more colourways of these and stashed them.

This colour.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 10:41:53 PM »
Expand Quote
My last pair of Westgate's lasted longer than any shoes I've ever had.  I skated through the midsole and they were still comfortable. Glad to see their back in the Emerica lineup so I can buy more
[close]

^^^^what Steve said ^^^
White ones look good.

I hated that shoe until I got more into running shoes and now with white I'm In love only wish I had copped a pair of BAs at the Nike outlet when I had the chance. As for me I have a pair of accels from before the hiatus basically unworn , a pair of emerica miners , and some limited edition bright green emerica ridgemonts
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 10:29:48 AM »
Supra had some heavy flicks, the really inspired ones
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
Dill's first DVS shoe

I've still got a pair of Emerica Templeton Transits (Transists?), that have some of his and some photos from that "Teenage Smokers" book on them.  Can't find a pic online though.

Still have a pair of Nike Diamond Dunk lows in decent condition. Don't really wear em too much, but can't get rid of em.

Also got a couple pairs of the Project BA stocked up for the summer, and a pair of Omar's original Nike shoe in black leather.
R.I.P. to all the discontinued Nike Models

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2016, 02:33:02 AM »
Dill's first DVS shoe

I've still got a pair of Emerica Templeton Transits (Transists?), that have some of his and some photos from that "Teenage Smokers" book on them.  Can't find a pic online though.

Still have a pair of Nike Diamond Dunk lows in decent condition. Don't really wear em too much, but can't get rid of em.

Also got a couple pairs of the Project BA stocked up for the summer, and a pair of Omar's original Nike shoe in black leather.

I always thought it was pretty low of SB to just discontinue someone's shoe rather than making a second, more marketable model. They obviously believed in the name power of Omar and BA at one point, but ceasing production of their shoes and not doing another shoe, while having done a dozen shoes with P-Rod, seems kind of like a slap on the face.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2016, 02:31:53 PM »
Well they did do a second shoe for Omar, the vulcanized one. People seemed to like that one a bit more, but I preferred the original one, they had a more unique look to them.

I wish I had gotten a pair of those tennis looking shoes they had Gino endorsing for a minute.
They were almost ugly, but overall cool looking, I thought.

SlappyBag

• Rep: -3
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2016, 05:06:01 PM »
Adidas Suciu, got a pair right before winter, skated as hard as i could all winter, kept skating them up until now. slapped shoe goo on it a few times but after i smoothed it out they still looked good. Have to retire them cause i got another pair.

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always thought it was pretty low of SB to just discontinue someone's shoe rather than making a second, more marketable model. They obviously believed in the name power of Omar and BA at one point, but ceasing production of their shoes and not doing another shoe, while having done a dozen shoes with P-Rod, seems kind of like a slap on the face.

It was way left in the approach of how you would want anything, then oddly they lost both of their kits from shoes to boards, they had other new things going but those moments weren't miniscule
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2016, 02:07:09 PM »
Thrashed B.a's got another pair unskated these are unwearable for me

http://pho.to/A6B3t
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2016, 09:33:02 PM »
they hurt my feet when worn for extended amounts of time...but goddamn i love my carroll crailtaps