Author Topic: Vans toe cap  (Read 6394 times)

Mr. Kamikazi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
Re: Vans toe cap
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 10:13:03 AM »
I guarantee the Cromer's skate better, along with looking better too. The grip on the shoe is really grippy and much more durable than the traditional waffle grip.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 01:00:45 PM »
Expand Quote
I really want those rapidwelds but their price makes me cringe. I feel like I'm just throwing money away if I pay over $55 for a shoe.
[close]

I just wanna know why they tried to make the upper so durable when they're just gonna put it on the same flimsy vulc sole they've been using since the 60's. If your sole blows out in half the time as the upper then what's the point? Even Nike will give you more bang for your buck at $90

So weird that they haven't upgraded their sole yet... Imagine some old skool pros with some durable Adidas/Nike material in their waffle pattern on the bottom. I'd pay $70+ for that easy.

Maybe the shit sole is why Vans skate so good though? They sell so many shoes, make so much money, put a ton of money (probably) into developing this Rapidweld technology. Theres gotta be a reason they don't change the sole

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
van's 50th made me think of my first pair of van's. They were ethan fowlers, and they had a ruber toe. I don't remember the model name though

The Nova.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2016, 04:18:55 PM »
That reminds me, Jamie had these on Circa and Fallen and it had a plastic or hard rubber toe cap:

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2016, 04:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I really want those rapidwelds but their price makes me cringe. I feel like I'm just throwing money away if I pay over $55 for a shoe.
[close]

I just wanna know why they tried to make the upper so durable when they're just gonna put it on the same flimsy vulc sole they've been using since the 60's. If your sole blows out in half the time as the upper then what's the point? Even Nike will give you more bang for your buck at $90
[close]

So weird that they haven't upgraded their sole yet... Imagine some old skool pros with some durable Adidas/Nike material in their waffle pattern on the bottom. I'd pay $70+ for that easy.

Maybe the shit sole is why Vans skate so good though? They sell so many shoes, make so much money, put a ton of money (probably) into developing this Rapidweld technology. Theres gotta be a reason they don't change the sole
Not sure if this has been covered or not but they have upgraded their pro sole. Both the rapidwelds and the 112s last significantly longer than any Vans I've skated in years.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Not sure if this has been covered or not but they have upgraded their pro sole. Both the rapidwelds and the 112s last significantly longer than any Vans I've skated in years.

every shoe's sole in the pro line was upgraded? old skool, era?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2016, 09:11:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
because having a durocap under the suede just doesn't say "I'm a cool modern skateboarder" ::)  Still loving my gilberts
[close]

Why is that your gif? Every time I see that, I'm like why did dude let them use that clip? Shit doesn't count.
[close]

This isn't relevant to the thread. I just want to point out how absurd this comment is. ^^
p-shuvs and v-flips

BornToLose

• Rep: 0
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 10:36:22 PM »
Expand Quote
because having a durocap under the suede just doesn't say "I'm a cool modern skateboarder" ::)  Still loving my gilberts
[close]

Why is that your gif? Every time I see that, I'm like why did dude let them use that clip? Shit doesn't count.

Just go home.

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 04:19:02 AM »
Expand Quote

these are kinda cool
[close]
Way nicer than the cromers

werent these japan only or some shit? theyre fucking buttery

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 06:38:31 AM »
Those rubber toe capped era's actually look pretty damn sick.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:48:07 AM by Noble Experiment »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »
Even Vans is jumping on this trend. Personally I dont like it...

I wholeheartedly agree. I saw a pair in the wild, and they look cheap.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »
Expand Quote
they been jumped on it, and this one is way worse.

[close]

Easily the worst design the have put out in over 15 years
what are you guys talking about? these are subtle and classic looking. I really like these.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 06:51:30 PM »
I'm a big vans fan but they just look vulgar/ cheap to me
*shrugs*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

glutton.

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
Quote from: heckler
How long did they last and how many hours do you skate per week, on average? Thanks in advance, because I've been wanting a pair since they came out. I just wanted to see how other people felt about it before spending $100.