Author Topic: are Thunder trucks good for nose and tailslides ?  (Read 8523 times)

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
Re: are Thunder trucks good for nose and tailslides ?
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 04:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
but my question is, why they make the base plates so short, its easier and you have a more smooth slide when the base are a lil bit longer like in almost all other brands.
[close]

this is a tailslide.  you think Ishod was concerned about his baseplate here?

I was talking more about tail and nose slides on ledges, but whatever.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Such

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2016, 07:06:11 AM »
next up: is diamond hardware good for fs shuvs and bs shuvs ?

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
next up: is diamond hardware good for fs shuvs and bs shuvs ?

I've found that Thunder Hardware is best for all of the shuv-it variations.

zippy z

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
Indy 149 and 7/8" Shortys Lites are best for switch heel flips, nollie nose manuals, and backside 180s.

Such

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2016, 06:29:28 PM »
Indy 149 and 7/8" Shortys Lites are best for switch heel flips, nollie nose manuals, and backside 180s.

damn 4real? im rocking some shorty´s right now but i cant do nollie nose manuals. defect pair? ill call them up and see if i can get them replaced.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2016, 12:25:45 PM »
I don't think any trucks are good for nose slides and tail slides. I've tried so many brands and no matter what, every time I try to do a nose slide I stick. The search continues I guess.

On a side note, does anyone know if Bones wheels are good for rolling? I have Spitfires and they roll OK, but are bones better? Sometimes its hard for me to get up ramps at the park with my spitfires, so thats why I'm asking.

I've  noticed with spitfires my wheels touch the ground
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

zippy z

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2016, 10:24:45 AM »
You have to have the Lites because they weight less. The regular nutz are too heavy and that inhibits the ollie part of the nollie.

Expand Quote

[close]

damn 4real? im rocking some shorty�s right now but i cant do nollie nose manuals. defect pair? ill call them up and see if i can get them replaced.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2016, 01:10:20 AM »
You have to have the Lites because they weight less. The regular nutz are too heavy and that inhibits the ollie part of the nollie.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

damn 4real? im rocking some shorty�s right now but i cant do nollie nose manuals. defect pair? ill call them up and see if i can get them replaced.
[close]

you also have to make sure that you evenly tighten the wheel bolts so you have a balanced setup and your flips rotate equally good whether you do a kickflip or a heelflip. softer bushings give you "springier pop"
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

zippy z

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2016, 06:48:19 PM »
And you should really make sure your wheel nutz are flush with you axle so no threads are exposed and do the same for your kingpin. You should never have any threads exposed other than your mounting hardware. There's a few reasons for this but the main ones are that it looks good, you don't have to worry about stripping your nutz, and it ensures your trucks are loose and you can actually turn and balance like a grown up.

If your a giant fat ass and flush kingpin nutz a too loose for you, lose weight or get harder bushings so you can go flush.

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

you also have to make sure that you evenly tighten the wheel bolts so you have a balanced setup and your flips rotate equally good whether you do a kickflip or a heelflip. softer bushings give you "springier pop"

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
I never tried to make a noselide or a tailslide with Thunder trucks, because I never owned a pair of them and I dont like to use other people skateboards, but the base of the truck seem to short ( small ) and it seem that when you make a nose or tailslide the wheels are the gonna slide on the curb insted the truck, which seem to be harder to make the slide.

Opinions please.

Nope. You have to get the old tensors with the plastic slider. No other trucks will work for tailslides period!

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2016, 10:25:14 PM »
are colored wheels good for skating launch ramps?  ???