Author Topic: are Thunder trucks good for nose and tailslides ?  (Read 8464 times)

UserFame

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
are Thunder trucks good for nose and tailslides ?
« on: April 05, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
I never tried to make a noselide or a tailslide with Thunder trucks, because I never owned a pair of them and I dont like to use other people skateboards, but the base of the truck seem to short ( small ) and it seem that when you make a nose or tailslide the wheels are the gonna slide on the curb insted the truck, which seem to be harder to make the slide.

Opinions please.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 01:18:01 PM by UserFame »
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: are Thunder trucks good for nose and tailslides ?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »
Yes.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

jimi420

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 02:47:13 PM »
I used to only skate thunders and one of the 5 tricks I can do well is front noseslides. Idk if correlation is causation here but they seemed to help me

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 02:50:27 PM »
only tensors work for noseslides and tailslides ya dam idiot
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 03:18:40 PM »
I assure you, Thunders work great for nosesides and tailslides!

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 03:29:32 PM »
Nobody on the Thunder team does nose- or tailslides for this very reason. Jason Adams - only does slappies. Jamie Thomas - only does backside lipslides. Ishod Wair - only does backside smith grinds.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 04:09:53 PM »
Nobody on the Thunder team does nose- or tailslides for this very reason. Jason Adams - only does slappies. Jamie Thomas - only does backside lipslides. Ishod Wair - only does backside smith grinds.

Jason Adams hasn't rode Thunders for a long time now. Ace...

Such

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
WAIT ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOUR WHEELS WONT TOUCH THE LEDGE WHEN YOU SKATE INDYS?????

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2016, 06:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

cool. I did not know that. I wonder if he still uses risers. I noticed he had risers on his old setups and I wondered if that would help with slappies at all. 

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 06:53:30 PM »

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 07:34:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

cool. I did not know that. I wonder if he still uses risers. I noticed he had risers on his old setups and I wondered if that would help with slappies at all. 

I think it just has to do with the whole wheelbite thing. With Thunders he was always using risers cause even their "hi's" are low. After looking on his instagram looks like he uses a 1/8" riser with probably some 55-56mm wheels on those Ace's.

glutton.

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 07:38:02 PM »
My last and current pair are hollow lights. As long as the ledge isn't too crusty and I go fast enough, the wheels never stick.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 08:00:40 PM »
I refuse to believe this a serious question. 

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 10:26:38 PM »
WAIT ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT YOUR WHEELS WONT TOUCH THE LEDGE WHEN YOU SKATE INDYS?????

YES!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 11:29:05 PM »
Thunder Light baseplates will break on you pretty quickly, but you could definitely get some noseslides in.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 01:06:41 AM »
Thunder Light baseplates will break on you pretty quickly, but you could definitely get some noseslides in.

well.....mine did not break after a year!

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 01:34:11 AM »
After a year and a half i'm amazed with my pair of thunder Lights (I came from Indendent and it's very hard to find something at indy level)

It works for nose/tailslide

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 04:30:06 AM »
I know it maybe seems weird fro me to ask this, because Thunder has a super sick team and their reputation on the trucks itself is very good, but you cannot deny the fact that their base is too small, which avoid me like many other persons I know to buy them.

Such

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

YES!

fuck me in the ass. i do so manny slides, but the difference cant be that big can it? surely i would have heard about this?
shame i cant afford indys, i bought a pair but theyre different sizes... shit shop wouldnt let me change one.

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 07:44:42 AM »
I refuse to believe this a serious question. 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 09:36:55 AM »
Very obviously there's a simple soloution here. Buy a brand new pair of Thunders. Get out your trusty Sawzall, cut a notch out of the baseplate, retrofit with a Tensor slider plate, ride 40mm wheels and noseslide and tailslide to your heart's content. Duh.

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 11:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

YES!
[close]

fuck me in the ass. i do so manny slides, but the difference cant be that big can it? surely i would have heard about this?
shame i cant afford indys, i bought a pair but theyre different sizes... shit shop wouldnt let me change one.

my shop sell Thunder a bit more expensive than Indys.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 11:54:33 AM »

lol ... I don't know a better way to sell you on something than Tracer hating it.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 12:42:11 PM »

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »
I don't think any trucks are good for nose slides and tail slides. I've tried so many brands and no matter what, every time I try to do a nose slide I stick. The search continues I guess.

On a side note, does anyone know if Bones wheels are good for rolling? I have Spitfires and they roll OK, but are bones better? Sometimes its hard for me to get up ramps at the park with my spitfires, so thats why I'm asking.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 08:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol ... I don't know a better way to sell you on something than Tracer hating it.
The lights are pretty shit man, wheelbite and thin flimsy baseplates

Don't come at me with this bullshit I know what's up- DONT BUY HOLLOW/LIGHT TRUCKS, guaranteed to snag more on nose and tailslides too. Nothing behind it

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2016, 01:12:02 AM »
but my question is, why they make the base plates so short, its easier and you have a more smooth slide when the base are a lil bit longer like in almost all other brands.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:33:33 AM by UserFame »

BMCsteve

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2016, 06:50:57 AM »
but my question is, why they make the base plates so short, its easier and you have a more smooth slide when the base are a lil bit longer like in almost all other brands.

this is a tailslide.  you think Ishod was concerned about his baseplate here?