Author Topic: nyc skaters and their affinity to nike  (Read 1335 times)

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
nyc skaters and their affinity to nike
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:31:46 PM »
not sure if this goes in this section or not, but I've always wondered how lots of the nyc guys who i see on insta and youtube have like a big connection with nike. it always seems like all of the stuff i see on quarter snacks is guys in blazers and bruins and the supreme sb's. is it just an olson connection? pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I've just been curious for a while. i know that nikes are popular pretty much everywhere except socalskateshop, but i just seem to notice an ungodly amount when watching certain videos

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 711
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: nyc skaters and their affinity to nike
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 09:32:43 AM »
Pretty sure the QS dudes are tight with Jack Sabback, who is some sort of Nike employee (Sales rep?).
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ttching!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:43:55 AM »
Once you sign a lease in the boroughs, if you're a skater, boxes from Nike just start showing up at your door every month.

SIMPLY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »
not sure if this goes in this section or not, but I've always wondered how lots of the nyc guys who i see on insta and youtube have like a big connection with nike. it always seems like all of the stuff i see on quarter snacks is guys in blazers and bruins and the supreme sb's. is it just an olson connection? pardon me if this is a dumb question, but I've just been curious for a while. i know that nikes are popular pretty much everywhere except socalskateshop, but i just seem to notice an ungodly amount when watching certain videos

nike has some weird new hq there and yeah, they pretty much flow everyone getting footage out there right now. john wilson gets paid by them and i'm sure all the dudes in his videos do too

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
QS is popular as shit and Nike's presence on their site, whether it's an ad or having Nikes on the feet of everyone in their videos, is all advertising. Flowing those dudes and giving them photo incentive is cheaper than a whole ad campaign, and way more effective.