Author Topic: Bronson Bearings  (Read 21359 times)

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Bronson Bearings
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2017, 04:50:09 AM »
I've had bones so long I forgot who made them(see what I did there) I'll try bronson but definitely will have a backup set
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »
Race reds.....

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
Pretty much had the same experience as everyone else: Real fast in the beginning, but even less reliable than plain jane redz.

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2021, 05:07:26 PM »
Just had a friend buy Bronson Raws and two of them came seized up. Worst bearing company. I got the G3’s when they came out and almost every bearing died in the first day. Even the garbage Lucky bearings I had years ago weren’t that bad. How is a whole set of bearings gonna die in one day?! Not even kidding - all the crowns broke apart.

Swiss for life.

Edit: shit, this thread is ancient. Oops. Sorry for bumping it just to reiterate how shit Bronson is.

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2021, 09:01:23 PM »
rush bombers are the also the same quality. shitty skinny crowns - my set all broke one by one throughout 2 weeks
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2021, 11:47:14 PM »
G2s have lasted longer than reds for me. If i can find them for 15 i go for them. At 20 its a toss up. My boards often get wet and dirty so maybe reds are better in clean conditions?

OldCandy

• Rep: 22
  • cant shuv
« Reply #96 on: March 15, 2021, 07:10:57 AM »
G2s have lasted longer than reds for me. If i can find them for 15 i go for them. At 20 its a toss up. My boards often get wet and dirty so maybe reds are better in clean conditions?

lithium grease
Nah i skate big boards cause i got big ass feet and a big ass dick

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #97 on: March 15, 2021, 09:10:00 AM »
Just had a friend buy Bronson Raws and two of them came seized up. Worst bearing company. I got the G3’s when they came out and almost every bearing died in the first day. Even the garbage Lucky bearings I had years ago weren’t that bad. How is a whole set of bearings gonna die in one day?! Not even kidding - all the crowns broke apart.

Swiss for life.

Edit: shit, this thread is ancient. Oops. Sorry for bumping it just to reiterate how shit Bronson is.

I've had 3-4 sets of G3s and they've all been perfect and I think I am gonna step to the $80 ceramics.

so, idk how your shit happened like that.
ok thanks

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #98 on: March 15, 2021, 09:18:53 AM »

I had reds seize on me and bust after less than a month of slappy sessions. And I'm in SoCal where there's not a lot of moisture or rain. Just saying sometimes shit happens. Sorry that shit happened to you dudes.

My raws have been holding up like a beast for a while now through parks, pools, and slappy sessions. I'm a happy camper with them.

I wanted to know if anyone has a review on their ceramics?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #99 on: March 15, 2021, 10:14:19 AM »
Broke a bearing last sesh, asked a homie if he had an extra bearing he could toss my way, he dug through his car and found a Bronson bearing, so I took it and put it in my wheel. First time skating a Bronson bearing ever; will keep y’all updated on how I enjoy skating my one Bronson bearing, as I assume y’all are in anticipation on my response.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:33:11 AM by Noble Experiment »

BugleBites

• Rep: -68
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2021, 10:31:43 AM »
Expand Quote

Swiss for life.

[close]

I've had 3-4 sets of G3s and they've all been perfect and I think I am gonna step to the $80 ceramics.

At a skatepark nonetheless. A brand new one. I've never seen the inner crown disintegrate like that in a bearing. Just crumbled apart. Then I heard it happened to a lot of people, so maybe when the brand was new they were using a material that didn't hold up and have since changed? My friend getting two shit bearings in a brand new pack was a shocker. Never seen that either.

When a set of Bones swiss lasts me 1-2 years, I'm not bothering to give another chance to a bearing company that has multiple instances of brand new junk bearings. How long does a set of G3's last you?

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2021, 12:03:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Swiss for life.

[close]

[close]

At a skatepark nonetheless. A brand new one. I've never seen the inner crown disintegrate like that in a bearing. Just crumbled apart. Then I heard it happened to a lot of people, so maybe when the brand was new they were using a material that didn't hold up and have since changed? My friend getting two shit bearings in a brand new pack was a shocker. Never seen that either.

When a set of Bones swiss lasts me 1-2 years, I'm not bothering to give another chance to a bearing company that has multiple instances of brand new junk bearings. How long does a set of G3's last you?

I mean Ive only been back skating a year, but I started with G3s. All of the ones Ive bought have been for different setups...everythings been perfect so far with no problems. My son did get into some water grime but we cleaned em out and they're great.
ok thanks

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2021, 01:51:56 PM »

I mean Ive only been back skating a year, but I started with G3s. All of the ones Ive bought have been for different setups...everythings been perfect so far with no problems. My son did get into some water grime but we cleaned em out and they're great.

I've been back skating for a year too and started with G2s. They did the trick as I was rolling around at a snail's pace anyway. As I start getting a bit more confident and would like to go a bit faster, I will soon upgrade to Swiss. I have already copped them, just wanted to wait for Winter to end before putting them on.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2021, 03:07:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've been back skating for a year too and started with G2s. They did the trick as I was rolling around at a snail's pace anyway. As I start getting a bit more confident and would like to go a bit faster, I will soon upgrade to Swiss. I have already copped them, just wanted to wait for Winter to end before putting them on.

Yeah. I have been trying to skate with rails and risers and stuff and my OCD really, really hates me.
I just want to ride 55s on everything. My mini-ramp, the 5' bowl I regularly skate, and street. I dont want risers. I dont want rails. I do however want the best bearings I can get to ensure the 55s stay quick enough in said bowl, so I am going for the Bronson Ceramics.
ok thanks

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2021, 01:58:01 AM »
I really rate the G2s if you're on a budget, been running a set for about a year, skating shitty grubby UK spots and in damp weather too, I would say I've put about 100 days skating on them...they haven't jammed up and do what they need to.

I've cleaned them about every 3-4 months (reminds me they are probably due), but they're still running fast and nothing has broken.

Pretty impressed tbh, would happily buy the G2s again.

You don't have to spend big on bearings, but cleaning and maintaining makes a world of difference to how long they'll last.