Author Topic: Bronson Bearings  (Read 21327 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Bronson Bearings
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
How are Bronson bearings. I just got back from a trip in which i broke my bearings and haven't bough ta new set in like 3 years. Are they worth the money or should I stick with Reds?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Bronson Bearings
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:13:27 AM »
I've been riding mine for about two weeks, 10 days of that straight/everyday in a park setting.

Out of the box they are really, really fast.

@thewilleasley

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:35:51 AM »
I have some on my current setup, they're pretty nice. I doubt you'll regret getting a pair although reds are always cheaper

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:50:45 AM »
They're good. As previously mentioned, they are really fast out of the box.

glutton.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 10:00:01 AM »
How are Bronson bearings. I just got back from a trip in which i broke my bearings and haven't bough ta new set in like 3 years. Are they worth the money or should I stick with Reds?
Wait...your Reds lasted for three years?

Elderly Gentleman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 10:57:00 AM »
I just switched from Reds to Bronson G3s about a week ago.  Like everyone has said, out of the box they were fast... really fast.  The difference from my Reds to the Bronson bearings was significant and very noticeable.  And that was right out of the box.  Honestly, it was totally worth the money.
I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around.

"I'll just use my Zumiez rewards card".

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 04:56:16 PM »
Mine have stayed quiet for the last couple months, but they aren't any faster than mini logo or Reds. I'm pretty bummed on them tbh.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:58:32 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 03:13:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

i definitely had a set for 2 years before. 

Bones are no joke.  fucking with anything less is just a headache down the road.  i say, don't do it.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 04:52:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Bones are no joke.  fucking with anything less is just a headache down the road.  i say, don't do it.

I have no opinion on Bronson because I've never tried. But until now, I was always pleased with every Bones products I purchased. Whether it's wheels, bearings, or bushings their products are always on point. Now I use mosaic bearings, a spanish brand that propose the best value for money products in Spain: 12e and they last me at least a year and are better than Redz.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 11:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

my bones reds have always been crap i just buy them because they're the only cheap bearings my shop stocks. They slow down after like a month.

I bought some super reds and one of the bear spacers broke, but they are still pretty fast after cleaning and lubing them. I think I skate in too much dirt.

Eric ricks

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2016, 12:14:30 PM »
I learned a long time ago that high quality ceramic bearings can be bought for dirt cheap. My fishing reals use the same bearings so when I learned to replace them I bought them in bulk.

I forget the place but I try to find out. They end up being like $23 for a set and last long

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »
I still have 7 of my Super Reds that I had for 3 years and counting, the 8th one fell apart during cleaning and ball bearings went everywhere never to be found again.

My Indy Blacks from last year are still killing it as well (dirty and dry, they get no love).

Eric ricks

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 02:01:51 PM »
My kids are using andele bearing right now. They seem good for the lil ones. Nice and fast but not ceramic fast.

Too early to tell how long they will last though. Shes pretty crusty around here so we will see.

They roll nice on the crust with bones 101s and obviously faster at the skatepark.

My kids also like burritos

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 02:35:11 PM »
Here Reds are the same price as the cheaper Bronsons. Just chucked some in a new set of F4s but its been piss wet for a few days. Got a few buddies who have switched from reds to Bronson and swear by them. Not sure they can make that much of a difference but I guess I will soon see

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2016, 05:51:33 PM »
they are great bearings! give them a go!

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 07:16:33 PM »
Bones or Hard Luck. The rest are muff cabbage.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 07:25:21 PM »
I've never gone through any other set of bearings like I have with Bones Reds. They were always blowing up on me. I do love my Hard Luck Good Times except I just recently had one of them pretty much lock up on me without being skated a lot and I couldn't get her spinning right again even after a solid cleaning.

Main

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2016, 07:53:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I've never gone through any other set of bearings like I have with Bones Reds. They were always blowing up on me. I do love my Hard Luck Good Times except I just recently had one of them pretty much lock up on me without being skated a lot and I couldn't get her spinning right again even after a solid cleaning.

When I say Bones I don't specifically mean Reds although I've never had a problem with mine. The only time I've spend extra money on bearings was a set of the Super Swiss Six's and they lasted forever. I never cleaned them or babied them. Ended up donating 'em to a local kid who needed skate stuff and I bet they're still rolling.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2016, 10:26:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

When I say Bones I don't specifically mean Reds although I've never had a problem with mine. The only time I've spend extra money on bearings was a set of the Super Swiss Six's and they lasted forever. I never cleaned them or babied them. Ended up donating 'em to a local kid who needed skate stuff and I bet they're still rolling.
Oh I know you were just referring to Bones in general. I was just on a tangent bitching about Reds haha. I've heard nothing but amazing thing's about any of the Bones besides Reds. Especially the Super Swiss 6. I had a buddy how never took care of his either and they rolled for years as well. I'm either going Bronson or Hard Luck Ceramics next time around. I've never spent more than 25 on bearings in my life and I'm fitting to dip my toes in that water.

Main

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 07:49:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Oh I know you were just referring to Bones in general. I was just on a tangent bitching about Reds haha. I've heard nothing but amazing thing's about any of the Bones besides Reds. Especially the Super Swiss 6. I had a buddy how never took care of his either and they rolled for years as well. I'm either going Bronson or Hard Luck Ceramics next time around. I've never spent more than 25 on bearings in my life and I'm fitting to dip my toes in that water.

I would go with the Hard Luck's for sure. Bronson is all gimmicks and marketing, period.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 03:53:33 PM »
I learned a long time ago that high quality ceramic bearings can be bought for dirt cheap. My fishing reals use the same bearings so when I learned to replace them I bought them in bulk.

I forget the place but I try to find out. They end up being like $23 for a set and last long

I would love to know if you remember. thank

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
Ill likely post this a bunch of times....but I picked up the race reds.....they are fucked....so good.  My theory is because you can skate them tight and with the extended race....they'll hold up better to side impacts.....the design will beat bearings of a higher quality....

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2016, 11:05:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

I would go with the Hard Luck's for sure. Bronson is all gimmicks and marketing, period.
Word.
Ill likely post this a bunch of times....but I picked up the race reds.....they are fucked....so good.  My theory is because you can skate them tight and with the extended race....they'll hold up better to side impacts.....the design will beat bearings of a higher quality....
Sounds crazy. I have the Super Reds and I didn't think they were worth it at all. They were smooth and everything but I felt like they slowed down on me quick as hell and never really broke in. The abec 7 Shake Junts and Hard Luck 6 Balls I have are better. I do remember Having bearings kind of like the Race Reds though. They were Reflex ABS Bearings. I think they may have been the fastest bearings I ever owned. But they had shields that the bearings sat on top of that connected through the middle to do kind of the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:45:46 AM by Cherb »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 07:03:35 AM »
Yah...same idea...you pretty much make a hub.  I like the idea of no spacers, no speeding, just bearings, wheel, nut.

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 07:20:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

This guy knows what's up..i've been riding Hard Luck ceramics for over a year. Just recently cleaned them in the sink with water. Faster than anything out there. Plus i like their team

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 09:41:16 AM »
Got the cheaper Bronson bearings.  Out of the box they were faster then anything else I've skated.  But then about a month in was like timer popped and they went to crap.  I tried to clean them, but it didn't help.  I put some old swiss back in. 

coneklr

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »
Got the cheaper Bronson bearings.  Out of the box they were faster then anything else I've skated.  But then about a month in was like timer popped and they went to crap.  I tried to clean them, but it didn't help.  I put some old swiss back in. 

The only bearings I will ever ride.  They last until I decide I just want new ones and then someone else gets a free set of used ones that roll just as well as the day I got them

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 11:16:39 PM »
Yah...same idea...you pretty much make a hub.  I like the idea of no spacers, no speeding, just bearings, wheel, nut.
Yup only difference is that those old reflex bearings were 9 Ball and the entire bearing actually sat on top of the hub instead of the inner race being a part of it.
This guy knows what's up..i've been riding Hard Luck ceramics for over a year. Just recently cleaned them in the sink with water. Faster than anything out there. Plus i like their team
Word. I'm definitely going to buy the Hard Luck Ceramics next. I agree 100% about liking their team too. Suuuch an awesome team man!

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2016, 08:56:01 PM »
Haven't skated mine as much but after a few powerslides a shield popped off and the bearing just locked up. The other 3 wheels feel great.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.