Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93105 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
Holy shit, I actually REALLY like the Mercer.

Not to be confused with the Huf Mercer.
you never know about pre-cum 

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 05:14:20 PM »
That whole catalog looks almost exactly like Dekline or Habitat's past models which were just rehashes of other company's shoes. Obviously the first run is going to be safe so I won't say its doomed but I hope they branch out.

The mercer is the best looking shoe and its basically the Habitat Ibex, which is pretty much an Emerica Hsu 1, which some called a half cab rip off. Regardless, I'll probably try a pair when they come out.

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 06:17:15 PM »

damn, r.i.p. state footwear.

legitimately laughed out loud when I read this...

But a little strange to be putting out 5 basic vulc models when the industry is trending back towards cupsoles and more tech... Agreed with other people saying this kinda looks like Dekline, but the team will definitely make a huge impact on how people view the brand vs a brand like Dekline. Jon Nguyen > Jaws

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2016, 06:45:37 PM »
The all black Salems look nice.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2016, 07:43:14 PM »
But a little strange to be putting out 5 basic vulc models when the industry is trending back towards cupsoles and more tech...

[/thread]
[/company]

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2016, 07:54:14 PM »
That whole catalog looks almost exactly like Dekline or Habitat's past models which were just rehashes of other company's shoes. Obviously the first run is going to be safe so I won't say its doomed but I hope they branch out.

The mercer is the best looking shoe and its basically the Habitat Ibex, which is pretty much an Emerica Hsu 1, which some called a half cab rip off. Regardless, I'll probably try a pair when they come out.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:56:04 PM by Jud Nestorkins »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2016, 08:09:19 PM »
You do realize that just because the Mercer is a vulc mid top doesn't mean that it actually looks like any of those shoes, right?

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2016, 09:25:33 PM »
You do realize that just because the Mercer is a vulc mid top doesn't mean that it actually looks like any of those shoes, right?

It shouldn't, but it does. There ARE vulc mid tops that don't all look the same yet those look very similar. I think they look good but to say they are nothing like other models is silly.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2016, 09:44:26 PM »
gotta clear out that old dekline stock somehow... might as well slap a new logo on em
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2016, 11:24:25 PM »
Well, that was underwelming a best. I only like the Salem black/black. The dekline vibe is undeniable, habitat had sicker designs than those. So many canvas shoes on the first run is risky as fuck too.
I was hoping that they came with simple shoes but nice details. They came with simple shoes with no details = borring shoes.
I hope they change something in the next seasons but in the meanwhile, Give me a job, i can do it better (ahah)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:22 AM »
Hopefully they can find more of a voice as they continue. Remember, alot of hufs earlier stuff pre-dylan/austin were rip-offs and seemed uninspired as well. Not sure what to think of there marketing/mission statement: be independent and liberated through our shoes? Kind of looks like they took photos inside of a correctional facility (I've been watching "60 days in"). I'd still be down to skate some though. I'm sure they can do fine and maybe better than filament in terms of having a following.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:01 AM »
Fucking horrible. Point blank.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2016, 01:41:54 AM »
Well, that was underwelming a best.
This. It's really bland, and the way the shoes are pictured, the shadows, the light and everything screams dekline.
No details on the insole, no descriptions of the soles.
These shoes don't say skateboarding to me. They should call Aaron Hoover (former habitat footwear designer), now that Fallen is rip, he must be looking for some job.

I hope they make some improvement, if not this is Beloe 2.0 : A sick team, one season and goodbye.

I'd skate a suede Salem the with the heel part of the Mercer

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2016, 04:47:44 AM »
damn. looks simple and cool but not really anything to write home about. i'll wait for a RL review.
good come sausage

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2016, 05:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
quality wise.....same as : Huf, Lakai, Vox, Fallen......
[close]

With all due respect, you're nuts if you think Lakai or Huf's quality is the same as Vox or Fallen's. That is just not the case.

Thank you. I have not skated a pair of Lakai's in quite sometime, but they're definitely above average quality, and HUF makes great shoes. A little overpriced at times, but they have started to make more affordable carryover shoes that are really durable and skate exceptionally well.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 05:48:25 AM »
id try some f those for like 50$ unless they are a glue smeared mess but if they are pushin 70 i'd prolly just get more cons (Can. $'s),

sports

• Rep: 21
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 06:23:50 AM »
they took dekline and made it worse. congrats

ZEBRA

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2016, 07:48:43 AM »
they took dekline and made it worse. congrats

HAHAHAHAHA

ZEBRA

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2016, 07:51:48 AM »
No cupsoles?? Shits weak son. I hope they have some in the works.

I thought this all this "vulc, no padding, boardfeel" bullshit was dying out. I guess not. Don't get me wrong. Shoes like that are great to skate. Board feel is amazing and all, I'm just tired of seeing the same old thing.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
These shoes are probably cheap as dirt to produce and since they're carbon copies of everything else, maybe they're hoping it'll just fall in line with that crowd and give them enough money to make something people like. Maybe. Maybe not.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2016, 08:07:15 AM »
dekline shoes were good, Im skating some now. Habitat was awesome, but that may just be nostolgia in my mind. all that really matters is marketing though

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2016, 08:20:42 AM »
team sounds like it isn't crap though. maybe a promo will change minds and get people a little more excited. you guys think there's any tech in them whatsoever?
good come sausage

Grind King Rims

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »
Who's on the team?

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2016, 04:14:49 PM »
team sounds like it isn't crap though. maybe a promo will change minds and get people a little more excited. you guys think there's any tech in them whatsoever?
Yeah show me some footy of Christian Maalouf kickflipping over something ridiculous and I might be down to buy a pair

coneklr

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2016, 04:23:33 PM »
Who's on the team?

Not positive but they are only following 5 people ...

Ben Gore
Kevin Coakley
Jon Nguyen
Christian Maalouf
Jordan Sanchez

Not that that means they are the team necessarily but it may be a sign

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »
Glad to see people are still trying but makes me even more sad about Fallen who often had pretty original designs (I think it's pretty hard to make truly original shoes these days that look good).

I think the lesson that needs to be learned from all these athletic sneaker companies coming in and kicking out the skater owned brands out is that you can't rely solely on skaters to propel your business Skaters are more in the mainstream as ever.

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2016, 07:34:54 PM »
Glad to see people are still trying but makes me even more sad about Fallen who often had pretty original designs (I think it's pretty hard to make truly original shoes these days that look good).

I think the lesson that needs to be learned from all these athletic sneaker companies coming in and kicking out the skater owned brands out is that you can't rely solely on skaters to propel your business Skaters are more in the mainstream as ever.

Not defending Unoriginal State Footwear, but Fallen's designs for the last couple years have been anything but original as well.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »
Sales decline as demand has fallen.

From the ashes of one mediocre shoe company, another rises.

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2016, 12:15:18 AM »
Well, that was underwelming a best. I only like the Salem black/black. The dekline vibe is undeniable, habitat had sicker designs than those. So many canvas shoes on the first run is risky as fuck too.
I was hoping that they came with simple shoes but nice details. They came with simple shoes with no details = borring shoes.
I hope they change something in the next seasons but in the meanwhile, Give me a job, i can do it better (ahah)

This. Having admired your designs on the shoe design thread, I couldn't agree more. State's designs appear halfhearted at best. Good luck to them though. The name and the team have potential.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2016, 04:11:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. Having admired your designs on the shoe design thread, I couldn't agree more. State's designs appear halfhearted at best. Good luck to them though. The name and the team have potential.

Thanks dude! I think i will design a shoe and send it to them to hear what they think. They could like it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP