Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93098 times)

Turtle Boy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2016, 07:14:11 AM »
That Elgin shoe looks tight. It's clearly the same silhouette as the Habitat Quest, but I liked that shoe.

I wish they made a shoe that looked like the Gillette shoe he had on Habitat.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:29 AM »
From my understanding as someone who manages and buys for a shop that will be carrying State, Castrucci is only involved in the visuals of the company, don't think he will have any of the same influence he had for Habitat. Also I was told Josh Stewart will be involved on the marketing side as far as making videos and stuff, so that should be good.

It's important to keep in mind that of course in the beginning the shoes are going to be simple vulc designs because those shoes are probably easier and cheaper to have produced. We're talking about a very small brand coming into a harsh corporate controlled climate.

Honestly we weren't blown away with the first catalog but decided to carry the brand anyway based on what it represents and the potential it carries. This is what people need to keep in mind. Obviously a smaller shoe brand just starting out isn't gonna come out of the gates making a Suciu ADV type shoe. It's just not possible. Maybe this is the time/brand for all the people to put their money where there mouths are and instead of complaining about the corporate takeover, go out and support a brand that maybe isn't as high quality or fancy as the big boys, but is doing it right.

I'm hopeful for the brand. It's gonna be a tough fight, but at least they're trying.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:34:28 AM by Watson »

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36:48 AM »
From my understanding as someone who manages and buys for a shop that will be carrying State, Castrucci is only involved in the visuals of the company, don't think he will have any of the same influence he had for Habitat. Also I was told Josh Stewart will be involved on the marketing side as far as making videos and stuff, so that should be good.

It's important to keep in mind that of course in the beginning the shoes are going to be simple vulc designs because those shoes are probably easier and cheaper to have produced. We're talking about a very small brand coming into a harsh corporate controlled climate.

Honestly we weren't blown away with the first catalog but decided to carry the brand anyway based on what it represents and the potential it carries. This is what people need to keep in mind. Obviously a smaller shoe brand just starting out isn't gonna come out of the gates making a Suciu ADV type shoe. It's just not possible. Maybe this is the time/brand for all the people to put their money where there mouths are and instead of complaining about the corporate takeover, go out and support a brand that maybe isn't as high quality or fancy as the big boys, but is doing it right.

I'm hopeful for the brand. It's gonna be a tough fight, but at least they're trying.

This is moving. With names like Castrucci and Josh Stewart involved, this should be good, given time.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2016, 11:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This is moving. With names like Castrucci and Josh Stewart involved, this should be good, given time.

Damn. They really got a good crew working on the company.

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2016, 12:09:19 PM »

do you know if they're getting a canadian distributor or is it coming straight from the states?

zippy z

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2016, 12:28:56 PM »
As much as JC has been annoying me with his recent collabs, if JS is involved with this I will definitely buy.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2016, 12:48:20 PM »
HYFR, if JC AND JS are involved... I'm fr down tbh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 04:15:08 PM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Second Division

• Rep: 8
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »

Was actually thinking about this a bit more since my last post... They don't show the sole/tooling on all the shoes, but my guess is it's all the same to reduce costs, thus why they only have vulc shoes

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2016, 02:09:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
do you know if they're getting a canadian distributor or is it coming straight from the states?

Ultimate Dist is doing them in Canada because of the Dekline/Tum Yeto connection.

Prices aren't super low on them, but like I was mentioning it seems like a company worth supporting regardless.

And yeah they're definitely going for that smaller brand supporting customer who's into Theories/Polar/Magenta/Welcome, etc, etc.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Ultimate Dist is doing them in Canada because of the Dekline/Tum Yeto connection.

Prices aren't super low on them, but like I was mentioning it seems like a company worth supporting regardless.

And yeah they're definitely going for that smaller brand supporting customer who's into Theories/Polar/Magenta/Welcome, etc, etc.

How not super low?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

How not super low?

High, he means high.
you never know about pre-cum 

Leaky McBurnside

• Rep: 10
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Castrucci did some graphic work. He has no stake. Not involved other than they are friends and he did some graphics.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2016, 03:33:35 PM »
Shoes range from $55-70 roughly.
Watson made some great points, consumers demand a lot, for the sake of the industry we should give them a chance to develop.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2016, 04:12:15 PM »
Watson made some great points, consumers demand a lot, for the sake of the industry we should give them a chance to develop.

That's not bad then. I was thinking they were going to gouge us with $80 vulcs ala Huf.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That's not bad then. I was thinking they were going to gouge us with $80 vulcs ala Huf.

That shit is so overpriced. Huf should be at the top of every list of people bitching about shoe prices. Those things should at least be in emerica's price range.

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2016, 05:01:21 PM »

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2016, 05:39:57 PM »
Not feeling any part of this company. The shoe names are terrible. I give it a year at the most. 
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2016, 07:31:24 PM »
Im really hyped on the team! Interesting how a shoe brand has skaters from smaller brands and they didn't start off with any big name pros ( i dont think filament did either )

im trying to be optimistic and hoping they come through with something non-vulc. its obvious their not going for a tech look but they can still make a better line up than this in my opinion. look at Lakai, they've  taken a lot of their vulc models, threw the xlk cupsole and beefed em up a tad bit.

also if josh stewart is gonna be head of the video/ads should be more interesting. wonder who will be added to the line up?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2016, 04:48:59 AM »
At least they made a canvas/suede version for $65
http://www.hufworldwide.com/product-detail/footwear/classic-lo-ess-navy-white

plus they're on clearance everywhere i look...you could easily scoop a pair of classics for $30 with 10 minutes of digging.
good come sausage

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2016, 05:25:29 AM »
After looking at the catalog again and thinking about the company it could actually be pretty damn cool, I'll scoop up a pair of the Elgins when i can. They kinda f'd up by putting what looks like leather ribbings around the back of the canvas Mercer's ankle, would be a cool option for a vegan mid which is a pretty rare thing I think, if your gonna use leather on a canvas shoe at least have it help the shoe function by putting in the danger zones

any word on the Canadian price range?

edit: They actaully added 2 vegan Mercers in the fall 16 catalog, fuck yea, seems pretty damn cool
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:32:09 AM by perverted super otaku! »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
Pricing for Canada is gonna be around $90 to $115 which is definitely on the pricey side for what they are, but then again the price of everything is going up drastically anyway.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
That's crazy. The dudes running it and their message are great, but those prices are fucking looney tunes. That's like $50 for the shoe and another $50 mandatory donation. I can't support $115 canvas skate shoes.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2016, 11:10:43 AM »
yea that price range reduced my stoke a bit, to me it seems outrageous, like suede huf classics sell for 80 and even that is fucked imo

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
That's crazy. The dudes running it and their message are great, but those prices are fucking looney tunes. That's like $50 for the shoe and another $50 mandatory donation. I can't support $115 canvas skate shoes.

But arent those prices just for Canada?

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

shit_for_brains

« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2016, 11:18:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That still puts them in the $70 - $100 range, which you may notice is where durable tech shoes live.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2016, 11:39:15 AM »
while everyone was scared of the heel...I just want to point out the Adidas Silas SLR was a cupsole* and sold for $65 retail.  An affordable/basic cupsole can/and should be done again. 

* even had a gusseted tongue (which should be standard for shoes and not a "feature")

hardly art, hardly starving

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That still puts them in the $70 - $100 range, which you may notice is where durable tech shoes live.

Well, 144p told in the middle of this page that prices range between $55 and $70.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2016, 11:52:13 AM »
$115 in Canada/$90 States, fuck alllllll that.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2016, 11:56:24 AM »
The only way this could make sense is if the shoes came with a full length Josh Stewart video featuring the State team