Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93096 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2016, 10:44:07 PM »
relevant interview: http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/05/23/introducing-state-footwear-a-new-skateboard-shoe-brand/
(did this get posted here? apologies if it did...)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »
damn they already got some pairs before majority of shops? haha

http://www.zumiez.com/brands/state-footwear.html

shit_for_brains

« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2016, 05:43:03 AM »
He said in interviews he was going to sell to zumiez straight away to stay alive long enough to do a second run.

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2016, 06:23:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Not feeling any part of this company. The shoe names are terrible. I give it a year at the most. 
[close]

This made me laugh and roll my eyes simultaneously. Are we really buying/not buying shoes based on the name a particular model is given?
I honestly would not be able to look someone straight in the face, and tell them that the shoes I'm wearing are called state elgins without feeling like a fucking idiot. How do you even pronounce that? L-gin or L-jin? Sounds like some lord of the rings fairy shit.
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2016, 09:16:51 AM »
I'm all for supporting skater owned as long as they offer something durable and supportive, but we don't need State footwear that's for sure. Same old designs with no supportive insoles. Nothing that stands out. I don't see them lasting very long.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
I'm all for supporting skater owned as long as they offer something durable and supportive, but we don't need State footwear that's for sure. Same old designs with no supportive insoles. Nothing that stands out. I don't see them lasting very long.

Have you tried them on? I was quite pleased with their insoles. Far better than what Emerica and Lakai put in theirs.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2016, 11:28:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you tried them on? I was quite pleased with their insoles. Far better than what Emerica and Lakai put in theirs.
how is the sizing, true or big?

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2016, 02:20:29 PM »
I just skated a pair and I loved them, slim shoe but great board feel and great grip. The only thing that sucks is there's so much canvas. Even on the suede ones, they have canvas on the sides...but I'm sure on their second run they will fix that

fangen

« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2016, 05:35:35 PM »

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2016, 09:50:55 PM »
how is the sizing, true or big?

I wear 8.5 in anything Sole Tech and an 8 in State fit me. I only tried on the Elgin model though.

Main

« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2016, 10:10:38 AM »
^misquote.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2016, 10:41:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not feeling any part of this company. The shoe names are terrible. I give it a year at the most. 
[close]

This made me laugh and roll my eyes simultaneously. Are we really buying/not buying shoes based on the name a particular model is given?
[close]
I honestly would not be able to look someone straight in the face, and tell them that the shoes I'm wearing are called state elgins without feeling like a fucking idiot. How do you even pronounce that? L-gin or L-jin? Sounds like some lord of the rings fairy shit.

You're joking right?  That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard someone say about not supporting a company.  I hope English isn't your first language because Elgin (pronounced "el-jin") is not an uncommon word and it follows some pretty basic rules of the English language.

Main

« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
The name and logo definitely sucks though.

bluntstofakie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2016, 05:16:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

You're joking right?  That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard someone say about not supporting a company.  I hope English isn't your first language because Elgin (pronounced "el-jin") is not an uncommon word and it follows some pretty basic rules of the English language.
I would never support this company even if they had better names. I quit wearing vulc a while ago. If anyone thought I was on the fence about getting a pair and the name was the main factor in not getting them, that's not the case.  As far as questioning my English goes, I had never once seen or heard the word elgin before. Just had to googel it. Looks to be a city in Illinois. Are you from Illinois? If not, what context do you use the word enough for it to be "not uncommon?" Also, it seems to have dual pronunciations according to a couple different online dictionary entries. Sometimes the English language isn't so basic sometimes huh?.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 05:17:41 PM by bluntstofakie »
was that switch ollie in a turban at 1:18 ?.....trend watch

micky682

« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2016, 12:59:32 PM »
Our store just got our first shipment. We got the Baxley and the Elgin. The shoes look good in person, quality seems legit. Nice insoles too. I'm stoked on them.

Even though we ordered them I wasn't super convinced on the look of the shoes from the catalog but they definitely look way better in person. As everyone's mentioned the designs aren't revolutionary, but if you're looking for a classic design from a skater owned, definitely a good option.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1033
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2016, 01:15:35 PM »
Anyone skating them?
what's durability like?

Dekline was decent, but nowhere near cons or even etnies.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #167 on: July 27, 2016, 06:08:45 PM »
It is way too early on to really critique this brand. What did you guys expect in the first run?

It's like someone with their PHD in fine art critiquing me in my first day of painting I as a college freshman.

Main

« Reply #168 on: July 27, 2016, 06:34:13 PM »
What did you guys expect in the first run?

Shoes that aren't the same as everything else with just a different name and logo on it.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #169 on: July 27, 2016, 06:51:36 PM »
They were running a promo last month at the launch of the site; sign up, get half off. Well that link was broken forever and they didn't have half sizes. Now they have half sizes and no code. Great.
you never know about pre-cum 

BMCsteve

« Reply #170 on: July 27, 2016, 09:06:24 PM »
They were running a promo last month at the launch of the site; sign up, get half off. Well that link was broken forever and they didn't have half sizes. Now they have half sizes and no code. Great.

All State or any other shoe company has to do is have hidden lace loops.  that's it. stop my fucking laces from breaking and you can have all my shoe money. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #171 on: July 27, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
I got these Kevlar laces I'm trying out....so far not bad...

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2016, 09:45:12 PM »
I give them 2 months before they go on sale. Unless these blow up out of nowhere.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2016, 12:41:35 AM »
It is way too early on to really critique this brand. What did you guys expect in the first run?

It's like someone with their PHD in fine art critiquing me in my first day of painting I as a college freshman.

This could make sense... if they didnt had experience from Dekline in the past.

So, by your analogy, they really know how to paint, they just chosen to be lazy with it.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #174 on: July 28, 2016, 07:46:33 AM »
I got these Kevlar laces I'm trying out....so far not bad...

They last long, but they're a mutha fucker to tie. I had to resort to shoe goo-ing certain parts of those laces so that they don't constantly loosen up when they're tied.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2016, 10:00:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All State or any other shoe company has to do is have hidden lace loops.  that's it. stop my fucking laces from breaking and you can have all my shoe money. 

i don't know why the fuck that feature is so obscure now...

i remember when some brands first started doing this; hearing all this shit about 'moving the loops up away from the toe so your laces don't even touch the grip' - turned out to be complete bullshit, probably just to smooth over this cost cutting measure.

some emericas had a flap all the way up the side, covering them up completely... never broke a lace.

it kinda coincided with the death of extra toe cap edging... another cost cutting measure, sold as an "improvement" - oh, now you get one consistent panel that won't tear off, though that one was kinda valid.

either way, not having a cupsole is a deal breaker for me as well.

ZEBRA

« Reply #176 on: July 30, 2016, 12:16:10 AM »
I tried on the Hudson tonight. It was really nice. Sizing is all fucked up though. I tried on a 10.5, and it fit like an 11. 10 was too narrow and too small. Pretty bummed.

Would've bought the 10.5, but they were just a little long in the toe. Don't think I would've been able to skate them

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #177 on: July 30, 2016, 12:24:06 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

IHOP

« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2016, 12:45:00 AM »
I just skated a pair and I loved them, slim shoe but great board feel and great grip. The only thing that sucks is there's so much canvas. Even on the suede ones, they have canvas on the sides...but I'm sure on their second run they will fix that

Maybe this is common knowledge but it's much cheaper for brands to do half suede vs. full suede shoes and thats why a lot of brands do the suede toe/canvas back half.  Still sucks but yeah usually its a cost thing

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2016, 12:10:53 PM »
got a pair of the elgins yesterday & went out skating. I'm a 10 & got a 10.5 in these. good feel. i hurt my heel last week & the insole helped but at the end of the day the pain was back. switched em out for the suciu insoles today & so far they're feeling good. snug. I'll switch back to their insoles when my heel gets better but definitely into this pair right now
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3