Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93116 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2016, 06:21:00 AM »
got a pair of the elgins yesterday & went out skating. I'm a 10 & got a 10.5 in these. good feel. i hurt my heel last week & the insole helped but at the end of the day the pain was back. switched em out for the suciu insoles today & so far they're feeling good. snug. I'll switch back to their insoles when my heel gets better but definitely into this pair right now

Could you post a photo of the insoles? It's the only thing holding me back from trying a pair. I feel like I've gotten spoiled with the adi-prene insoles in the superstars.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2016, 06:14:09 PM »
got a pair of the elgins yesterday & went out skating. I'm a 10 & got a 10.5 in these. good feel. i hurt my heel last week & the insole helped but at the end of the day the pain was back. switched em out for the suciu insoles today & so far they're feeling good. snug. I'll switch back to their insoles when my heel gets better but definitely into this pair right now

So they run 1/2 size big, then?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2200
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2016, 10:05:37 AM »

Definitely from the ones I tried on.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #183 on: August 15, 2016, 12:32:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Could you post a photo of the insoles? It's the only thing holding me back from trying a pair. I feel like I've gotten spoiled with the adi-prene insoles in the superstars.
unless someone beats me to it, i gotchu when i get outta work!

Expand Quote
[close]

correct
r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #184 on: August 15, 2016, 09:39:27 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
correct

I got some Hudson's, they fit true to size.

Also, the shoes look really good in person.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2016, 10:54:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
correct

I don't mean to be that guy, but if you're normally a 10, but had to size up to a 10.5, the shoes run a half size small.

Carry on.
you never know about pre-cum 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2200
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
correct
[close]

I don't mean to be that guy, but if you're normally a 10, but had to size up to a 10.5, the shoes run a half size small.

Carry on.

Yeah I don't know how you went up a size. I found they fit big, my regular size was too big for me.

weregoingunion

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2016, 04:15:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
correct
[close]

Carry on.
[close]

Yeah I don't know how you went up a size. I found they fit big, my regular size was too big for me.
sorry pals, was zorched. i went up a half size cuz the toe was too narrow for myself & wanted some wiggle room

here are the insoles:

r.i.p. bubblegum tate
LOAF FOREVER <3

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2016, 05:02:28 PM »
^first time I've seen the insoles and it definitely confirms that I'm gonna get a pair once my skateshop gets them in

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2016, 09:15:43 PM »
Do they feel like Ultracush HD insoles (pre-foam bullshit)?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2016, 09:29:16 PM »
I was at the mall this afternoon, walked in to zumiez to check these out. Started pulling out the insole, ignoring the guy asking if I needed a size. It felt like it was almost a gel insole, super squishy. I would be interested if they had more suede options in that mid model.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2016, 11:06:58 PM »
It's a weird reference point but after skating a bunch of Huf classics hi's....canvas was more durable.....just was weirder to break I'm....

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2016, 12:40:22 AM »
They look like the crappier insoles Vans snuck into some of their models while still putting the same "ultracush HD" label on them. I remember the Chukka Low and Rowley Solo specifically having worse insoles without the gel pad, while the pro line was "lit fam". This was pre foam bs though...

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2016, 03:37:01 AM »
Those remind me of the insoles that were in Habitat shoes. I'll be taking a look at these tomorrow.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »
Better than Dekline insoles for sure*

*People were saying that State is just rehashed Dekline.

I ripped those fuckers out right away and put the insoles from my Habitats into the Dekline Tim Tims and they felt a lot better. Still, the Tim Tims were shit shoes durability wise, but alright looking, cheap and with better insoles the fit was nice too.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2016, 09:03:24 AM »
I was at the mall this afternoon, walked in to zumiez to check these out.

understand the $$$/need to get em in at a high volume store to get the brand moving/on its feet... but it's a bummer that in order to try em on people have to go to a Zumiez instead of their local.  sorta defeats the ol' "core" ethos in a way.

hardly art, hardly starving

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2016, 09:15:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

understand the $$$/need to get em in at a high volume store to get the brand moving/on its feet... but it's a bummer that in order to try em on people have to go to a Zumiez instead of their local.  sorta defeats the ol' "core" ethos in a way.

I know Atlas has them, but I was at Chipotle for lunch, lurking slap, decided to check it out. Even being in a zumiez, I don't think they're going to do well and will be on the sale rack in no time. They just don't have a chance on that wall against Nike and Adidas. Even lakai and emerica didn't look like they were doing well, only one or two models on the shelf. State had 3...

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I know Atlas has them, but I was at Chipotle for lunch, lurking slap, decided to check it out. Even being in a zumiez, I don't think they're going to do well and will be on the sale rack in no time. They just don't have a chance on that wall against Nike and Adidas. Even lakai and emerica didn't look like they were doing well, only one or two models on the shelf. State had 3...

yeah, I wasn't trying to rag on you at all...was making a comment re: the quagmire of a skater-owned brand having to sell to corpo mall shops just to make it.  yet, yeah, I totally agree that they are not a shoe that any of the mall/swag kids are going to gravitate towards anyways. 

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2016, 09:49:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

understand the $$$/need to get em in at a high volume store to get the brand moving/on its feet... but it's a bummer that in order to try em on people have to go to a Zumiez instead of their local.�  sorta defeats the ol' "core" ethos in a way.

[close]

[close]

yeah, I wasn't trying to rag on you at all...was making a comment re: the quagmire of a skater-owned brand having to sell to corpo mall shops just to make it.  yet, yeah, I totally agree that they are not a shoe that any of the mall/swag kids are going to gravitate towards anyways. 

I know, I just wanted everyone to know I was enjoying my burrito bowl.

Honestly, the blue Elgins are the only ones I like, and I just got the blue Flacos, so by the time I burn through the 6 pairs of Lakais in my closet, State might be on the sale rack.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2016, 10:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

understand the $$$/need to get em in at a high volume store to get the brand moving/on its feet... but it's a bummer that in order to try em on people have to go to a Zumiez instead of their local.�  sorta defeats the ol' "core" ethos in a way.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I know, I just wanted everyone to know I was enjoying my burrito bowl.

Honestly, the blue Elgins are the only ones I like, and I just got the blue Flacos, so by the time I burn through the 6 pairs of Lakais in my closet, State might be on the sale rack.

lemme know how you like those Flacos...been interested in those.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #200 on: August 17, 2016, 10:55:51 AM »

lemme know how you like those Flacos...been interested in those.
They're great, but bring extra laces and/or glue them, they rip in about 20 minutes!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2016, 02:21:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
correct
[close]

Carry on.
[close]

[close]
sorry pals, was zorched. i went up a half size cuz the toe was too narrow for myself & wanted some wiggle room

here are the insoles:

Thank you! Those insoles are much more substantial then I expected. Ill be trying a pair now too once my shop gets them in.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »

I ripped those fuckers out right away and put the insoles from my Habitats into the Dekline Tim Tims and they felt a lot better. Still, the Tim Tims were shit shoes durability wise, but alright looking, cheap and with better insoles the fit was nice too.

I had a few pairs of Tim Tims and they actually lasted me quite awhile. I did shoe goo a little bit at the ollie point though which kept em going. I dig thin soles. it makes me feel like I have more control. With thicker soles like adidas or something I just feel paralyzed.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2016, 09:30:06 PM »

I had a few pairs of Tim Tims and they actually lasted me quite awhile. I did shoe goo a little bit at the ollie point though which kept em going. I dig thin soles. it makes me feel like I have more control. With thicker soles like adidas or something I just feel paralyzed.

Depends on the shoe for me. In the Tim Tims those soles were an absolute joke IMO. Also made the shoes loose as fuck. With proper insoles the fit is great. I got the synthetic versions, which didn't bag out at all, which is nice.

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #204 on: August 18, 2016, 02:20:31 AM »

i had a bunch of dc lynx vulc samples and the insoles were exactly this kind of bs. totally useless, they made my heels ache every time i'd miss a manual. i thought this stuff was only for sample use and that no one would ever include it in actual product.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #205 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:05 AM »

i had a bunch of dc lynx vulc samples and the insoles were exactly this kind of bs. totally useless, they made my heels ache every time i'd miss a manual. i thought this stuff was only for sample use and that no one would ever include it in actual product.

I did buy these from a reputable shop, so I guess this really is what the Tim Tims came with. The insoles are even worse than they look in the pic. It's that most cheapest foam shit which is way too soft and crumbles if you rub it even a bit. Fabric is also 100% shit. I've walked maybe 10 km with these insoles and the fabric is all rubbed and uneven and unpleasant. I guess they were really trying to cut costs.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #206 on: August 19, 2016, 08:38:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I did the exact same thing the other day but they were already on the sale rack.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #207 on: August 22, 2016, 10:09:33 AM »
good come sausage

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #208 on: August 22, 2016, 11:43:40 AM »
why did they think this ever stood a chance? i don't even feel bad. this was just a dumb business decision.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #209 on: August 22, 2016, 05:22:10 PM »
already on sale.

http://www.zumiez.com/state-hudson-black-white-suede-skate-shoes.html

They're marked down, and buy one get one half off. Grab them if you want them.

Where was all the marketing for this? If it wasn't for slap I feel like I would have never heard of these which is probably a big reason why they aren't selling. If I walked into a shop (especially if I was a typical Zumiez customer) and saw a generic shoe by a brand I've never heard of I wouldn't buy it.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi