Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93084 times)

Ineffable Epoch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -77
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2017, 12:01:49 PM »
State sent us the Baxley in Black/white to make a review, and here it is. We filmed the video at Cupula spot, Barcelona, and the rain didn't stop us. The shoes are great in all the aspects. Hope you enjoy it!   ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEm-jwhfvV8

Berky

• Rep: -19
« Reply #241 on: February 26, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »
I'm highly considering to getting the elgin. Anyone try a pair yet? I wear a size 9.5 in everything else, are the shoes true to size or should I go half size down?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #242 on: February 26, 2017, 06:48:38 PM »
I'm highly considering to getting the elgin. Anyone try a pair yet? I wear a size 9.5 in everything else, are the shoes true to size or should I go half size down?

True to size. Check out the interviews on ripped laces.

State, although not my cup of tea, is doing it proper as fuck
Gentleman ninja warlock

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2017, 04:35:47 AM »

skating the mercer now and will definitely be going for more state shoes in the future. two thumbs up.
good come sausage

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 2
« Reply #244 on: April 11, 2017, 08:20:48 PM »
Just had my first session in some state hudsons. They're fucking great. Took about 30 mins to break in. Ripped through the canvas though. They have some material underneath but I don't know how long thats gonna hold up. Also, they didn't have my size, so I went a half size down & I switched the insoles to some old fallen insoles which are basically like paper and it was a snug fit. So i'm guessing they're true to size.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: April 11, 2017, 08:31:59 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

gig.

• Rep: 0
« Reply #246 on: April 11, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »
Elgins are great. Loved them from the moment I started skating in them. Toe was narrow, fit snug, grip and flexibility were better then some of the big brands that have a lot of dough. Only issue was  it sadly didn't have a lot of support and destroyed my heels and feet after long days of skating. My heels still are busted from skating the shoe so much.  If you got feet that are young, I highly recommended. It was also nice To not be wearing the same shoe as everyone at the spot.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #247 on: April 11, 2017, 11:20:41 PM »
Just had my first session in some state hudsons. They're fucking great. Took about 30 mins to break in. Ripped through the canvas though. They have some material underneath but I don't know how long thats gonna hold up. Also, they didn't have my size, so I went a half size down & I switched the insoles to some old fallen insoles which are basically like paper and it was a snug fit. So i'm guessing they're true to size.
Nothing you wrote after "They're fucking great" sounded great.
you never know about pre-cum 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #249 on: April 30, 2017, 04:14:05 PM »
Can someone give me a review on the state elgin? just got em for 21 bucks, super stoked

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #250 on: April 30, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »
Here is one I did a little bit ago

Alright Here goes. First day skating the shoe was Febuary 3rd. Last day i skated the shoe was march 25th.
I skate roughly 3 days a week for about 4-5 hours total each session.
Out of the box
I went .5 size up because i heard these were a bit narrow, the fit was great.
No break in time at all, had a brand new board as well and flip tricks were no probem.
Great board feel and flexability. Grip is on point.
Toe shape is great for kickflips. Probably one of the best flicking shoes i have ever had.

After skating them

Grip held up pretty well i even grind my feet into position for flip tricks.

Toe held up great, didnt even break through to the rubber under layer.

The two seams on the upper connecting to the toe box got a little freyed but no holes or anything.

I could honestly still skate these, they are nice and floppy broken in feeling.
Im just ready to get back into some mid tops.

Sorry for killing the Bandwith Tate

[/quote]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 07:20:30 PM by MOE SYZLAK »

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #251 on: April 30, 2017, 07:23:08 PM »

I appreciate this so much. Definitely more excited. Thank you so much dude, you made my day

I will also be posting my own review after I skate these for a while :)

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2017, 01:13:29 AM »
Finally managed to pick up a pair in the UK. Mid top Mercer but they are all vulc soles so I wont be skating, pure chiller shoe only. Will post a review of how they wear in about a year or so ::)

HeadInLionsMouth

• Rep: 139
« Reply #253 on: September 23, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows if State altered their sizing at all. The first year or so it seemed like some models fit significantly different.

I just bought a pair of 9.5 Hudsons, which seem to have the narrow width of any other 9.5, but the length of a size 10. They feel fine so far, but it'd be nice if they weren't so snug. I intend to buy a different pair in the near future - Is it worth going a half size up in every model? I don't want to size up for for comfort and end up swimming in them

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2017, 02:56:26 PM »
got some elgins, they are a1 basic skate shoe, just wanted to comment on sizing. i am going a half size down, definitely half-size down compared to vans.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »
Did state ever drop their cupsole? Think it was called the concord?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2017, 05:25:22 PM »
got some elgins, they are a1 basic skate shoe, just wanted to comment on sizing. i am going a half size down, definitely half-size down compared to vans.
their sizing is pretty random though, my Madisons are size 10 (same as my vans sizing) and feel like a 10.5 in length but a 9.5 in width if that makes sense?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2017, 05:35:14 PM »
Just picked up my pair of Keys today - I'm finding them really stiff. Like, REALLY stiff. Anyone else notice this?

They're going to be in my chiller rotation until they loosen up. The fit is alright: they're a little longer than I'm used to and quite narrow but my feet feel secure. Which is really my biggest concern with slips.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2017, 06:23:42 PM »
Just picked up my pair of Keys today - I'm finding them really stiff. Like, REALLY stiff. Anyone else notice this?

They're going to be in my chiller rotation until they loosen up. The fit is alright: they're a little longer than I'm used to and quite narrow but my feet feel secure. Which is really my biggest concern with slips.
they break in nicely, take a while but I think that's because of the rubber underneath the canvas/ suede takes a while to really stretch out. Sizing sounds similar to the Madisons then

ungzilla

« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2017, 07:44:17 PM »
I acquired some Madison recently. I like em. I replaced the stock insoles with Vans just because I'm more used to how they feel. Were true to size for me, my feet are average width or maybe slightly narrow. Good flick, fast break in, heel stays put. Feel similar to the Lakai Staples. Supposedly they are out of the same factory, which wouldn't surprise me, the fabric part of the shoes and the lining inside were exactly like the Staples I've had.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2017, 07:52:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
their sizing is pretty random though, my Madisons are size 10 (same as my vans sizing) and feel like a 10.5 in length but a 9.5 in width if that makes sense?

sorry wasnt that clear, i was saying the same as you,
 vans 10.5= state 10

dont know about width though, never figured that out

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

sorry wasnt that clear, i was saying the same as you,
 vans 10.5= state 10

dont know about width though, never figured that out
all good! I don't know if I could half a size up in them though, I feel like they'd be too long.
Madisons feel like 1/4 size too big + 1/2 size down in width at least for my feet when I go tts.

I acquired some Madison recently. I like em. I replaced the stock insoles with Vans just because I'm more used to how they feel. Were true to size for me, my feet are average width or maybe slightly narrow. Good flick, fast break in, heel stays put. Feel similar to the Lakai Staples. Supposedly they are out of the same factory, which wouldn't surprise me, the fabric part of the shoes and the lining inside were exactly like the Staples I've had.
I originally replaced the insoles but went back to the stock ones because they really are that good. heel lock is indeed nice.
I honestly thought staples would be a bit bulkier? I originally bought my Madisons as a replacement for my rowleys, but they honestly feel more like a tech-ed out era if that makes sense?

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2017, 11:28:26 AM »
If you're down for slip ons, I know the keys are tts

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Harem

« Reply #263 on: December 29, 2017, 03:42:24 PM »
Yet to read the thread, but what's the go with the sizing?

Was about to order The Keys online, but never got around to it, saw them in a shop display, tried them on in Size 11, and I couldn't even get my heel in! They didn't have a Size 12 for me to try on, so unsure what the go is :/

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #264 on: December 29, 2017, 04:34:52 PM »
All the States i've had have been true to size for me, but pretty snug on the width. Try a half size up if you have a wider foot

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #265 on: December 29, 2017, 04:58:48 PM »
I got the Mercer in 9.5 and they fit pretty well, a little room but mostly fitting

I usually get 9.5 I’m everything except chuck Taylor’s of course/ctas pro being a size down
yes

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #266 on: January 17, 2018, 08:05:03 PM »
First time skating states was the other night and had a couple hours in an indoor park (haven't skated since mid November when it snowed) skated the Hudson's and the were great, fit super well and were broken in after wearing them around the house for 2 days prior, can't wait to skate them more and try out the keys I have

le88

• Rep: -7
« Reply #267 on: January 17, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
i just got the Mint Bishops and they are comfortable and didn't need that much time to break in. But will probably feel like shit soon and then back to Nikes

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2018, 05:27:18 AM »
i ordered the mint salem's and i'm so excited =]
good come sausage

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #269 on: January 18, 2018, 05:49:18 AM »
First time skating states was the other night and had a couple hours in an indoor park (haven't skated since mid November when it snowed) skated the Hudson's and the were great, fit super well and were broken in after wearing them around the house for 2 days prior, can't wait to skate them more and try out the keys I have

I've been skating my current pair of Hudsons for two months now and besides the classic, minor wear and tear on the side, they still feel impeccable and I don't even see any hole starting to form, be it on the sole or the outside of the shoe. Maybe the impact support is going to be the first thing to wear off (which might be easily fixed with insoles). I like it even better than the pair of Madisons I had just before (which I also really liked), I love the colorway I got too (black / gum sole / white laces), it's a really simple shoe which is the only thing I can seem myself skate in nowadays, eventually retiring that pair will bum me out.

I've got Salems, Mercers and another pair of Madisons stocked up that I will progressively sneak into the rotation next ; they all look cool and practical for skating, but maybe a bit more tech (and slightly bulkier) than the Hudsons. Shouldn't be a problem but I would recommend the Hudsons to those who are into basic shoes like I currently seem to be.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:51:35 AM by silhouette »