Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93100 times)

Bensquirts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 75
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2018, 07:10:55 AM »
Expand Quote
First time skating states was the other night and had a couple hours in an indoor park (haven't skated since mid November when it snowed) skated the Hudson's and the were great, fit super well and were broken in after wearing them around the house for 2 days prior, can't wait to skate them more and try out the keys I have
[close]

I've been skating my current pair of Hudsons for two months now and besides the classic, minor wear and tear on the side, they still feel impeccable and I don't even see any hole starting to form, be it on the sole or the outside of the shoe. Maybe the impact support is going to be the first thing to wear off (which might be easily fixed with insoles). I like it even better than the pair of Madisons I had just before (which I also really liked), I love the colorway I got too (black / gum sole / white laces), it's a really simple shoe which is the only thing I can seem myself skate in nowadays, eventually retiring that pair will bum me out.

I've got Salems, Mercers and another pair of Madisons stocked up that I will progressively sneak into the rotation next ; they all look cool and practical for skating, but maybe a bit more tech (and slightly bulkier) than the Hudsons. Shouldn't be a problem but I would recommend the Hudsons to those who are into basic shoes like I currently seem to be.

The Hudson are one of my favorite shoes out right now. One of the best stock insoles around.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2018, 12:58:02 PM »
At first, I didn't like how stiff the slip-ons were, now I appreciate how stable they've stayed. Keep up the good work, State. This is what 88 and Vox were supposed to be; basic, durable, plain skate shoes.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
First time skating states was the other night and had a couple hours in an indoor park (haven't skated since mid November when it snowed) skated the Hudson's and the were great, fit super well and were broken in after wearing them around the house for 2 days prior, can't wait to skate them more and try out the keys I have
[close]

I've been skating my current pair of Hudsons for two months now and besides the classic, minor wear and tear on the side, they still feel impeccable and I don't even see any hole starting to form, be it on the sole or the outside of the shoe. Maybe the impact support is going to be the first thing to wear off (which might be easily fixed with insoles). I like it even better than the pair of Madisons I had just before (which I also really liked), I love the colorway I got too (black / gum sole / white laces), it's a really simple shoe which is the only thing I can seem myself skate in nowadays, eventually retiring that pair will bum me out.

I've got Salems, Mercers and another pair of Madisons stocked up that I will progressively sneak into the rotation next ; they all look cool and practical for skating, but maybe a bit more tech (and slightly bulkier) than the Hudsons. Shouldn't be a problem but I would recommend the Hudsons to those who are into basic shoes like I currently seem to be.
[close]

The Hudson are one of my favorite shoes out right now. One of the best stock insoles around.

I like the State stock insoles a lot too. Better than ultracush and zoom air whatever imo

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:56 PM »
Do you think the Keys would work well for a skinny foot?

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2018, 10:59:15 PM »
this is my current favorite brand of skate shoes. more durable than vans and I like the way the soles grip. and they look nice.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #275 on: January 19, 2018, 06:08:02 AM »
Do you think the Keys would work well for a skinny foot?

definitely.

Rick Howards Root Beer

• Rep: 2
« Reply #276 on: January 19, 2018, 12:24:40 PM »
I wear a 10 for Vans slip ons, what size should I go with for the State slip ons?

im a 10.5 in vans and went the same in the keys. they fit the same

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #277 on: January 20, 2018, 08:13:48 PM »
just killing off my first pair of elgin's, very basic looking but pound for pound best quality shoe i have skated, no lie. suede is great quality, stitching doesn't rip, broke in immediately but retaining its shape to the very end, insole still not blown out and most importantly, reinforced toe is genius, first shoe i havent gone through the sole before the sidewall. A++

oh, and inexpensive

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #278 on: January 21, 2018, 10:14:32 AM »
I have a pair of the Keys in cream suede as my next pair of shoes, they feel very comfortable and I'm looking forward to skating them

LURKallday

• Rep: 9
« Reply #279 on: January 21, 2018, 12:42:40 PM »
We have these for 50% off with $10 flat fee UPS ground shipping at my shop. If you want a pair, e-mail [email protected] and we'll take it from there.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #280 on: January 21, 2018, 09:22:55 PM »
more durable than vans and I like the way the soles grip. and they look nice.
if I had to nitpick I'd say I hate how much little pebbles get stuck in the sole though :(

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #281 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:28 AM »
Expand Quote
more durable than vans and I like the way the soles grip. and they look nice.
[close]
if I had to nitpick I'd say I hate how much little pebbles get stuck in the sole though :(

I’ve been breaking in my Elgins now by just walking around with them and the amount of stuck pebbles in them is almost as bad as the HUF Dylans. Might have to skate these indoor only. Stuck pebbles fucking up the grip is not good!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #282 on: January 22, 2018, 04:25:59 AM »
as far as pebbles getting stuck in soles, from my own experience the worst culprit ever has to be the DC Evan Smiths. more than pebbles, those actually collect full-on rocks, seriously do they really expect each and every customer of theirs to reside in Marble City when thinking up soles like this ?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #283 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:33 AM »
^Was thinking about mentioning those too. 😊Another pair of shoes I think I’ll have to skate indoors only. They feel pretty damn nice otherwise, so it’s a shame.

I’m liking these Elgins too even though they are kinda tight and long. Lengthwise I could fit a 10.5 but those are so tight that I had to go with my usual size 11 and even they feel rather tight. I hope State improves the sole and maybe adjust the sizing a bit.

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #284 on: January 22, 2018, 07:03:12 AM »
Really liking the vibe and team so it's kinda concerning seeing them heavily reduced everywhere, hope they're doing okay

Just picked up my first pair, hyped to give them a try

jc

• Rep: -73
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2018, 10:29:06 PM »
At first, I didn't like how stiff the slip-ons were, now I appreciate how stable they've stayed. Keep up the good work, State. This is what 88 and Vox were supposed to be; basic, durable, plain skate shoes.

how's the sizing on the slip-ons? been wanting to order some online but i'm unsure on size. been skating nothing but converse for a while and i'm an 8.5 in them.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2018, 11:16:29 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2018, 11:17:33 PM »
yeah ... that!

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2018, 05:15:52 PM »
Go skate a Huf Classic....

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2018, 03:40:02 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2018, 07:03:08 PM »
The treadless shoe....

I'm skating my salems and I like em...definitely won't blow through the sole....just the toe which is fine.  they aren blowing my socks off but I'd recommend em at a decent price point.  I'm skating the match court RX's which the shoe is better but too much toe cap.....skating regular Blazers next. 

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2018, 08:41:43 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #292 on: January 31, 2018, 06:05:59 PM »
elgins are solid
mercers can suck it
KEYS OPEN DOORS

ungzilla

« Reply #293 on: January 31, 2018, 06:22:13 PM »
i didn't like the mercers, though they look great... that one lace loop toward the top before the mid part, just like half cabs... too low, rip the lace almost instantly.

dig the madisons though and curious to try the keys and the salems (eyeing those TKF ones).

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2018, 05:45:38 PM »
did anyone peep Fred Gall rocking some states in their insta stories over the weekend?
if they are hooking him and Matt R up, can we expect some OG I-path inspired kicks in the near future?

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2018, 05:49:08 PM »
Have yet to see some of these out in the wild. I don't think any of my friends even know who this company is, but they should. Spreading the word PALs

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
Have yet to see some of these out in the wild. I don't think any of my friends even know who this company is, but they should. Spreading the word PALs
They're kinda big(ish) in Japan with underground skate type dudes but they aren't the kind I usually see at my local...

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2018, 11:07:14 PM »

haha i was hawking everyones shoes last night at 28th and b looking to see if they were states. no dice, though i did see lots of orange beanies
even the steven

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2018, 11:39:53 PM »
Managed to snag a pair of the salems x the killing floor for $56 off ccs maybe 1-2 months ago (I forget when exactly). The suede is top notch, I don't think i'd have bought them if they were canvas though. The stock insole seems pretty good but I put in some fp's over it. Only thing that sucks about them is that they come with long laces and the wear in the ollie pad is kind of an eye sore but it's worth it.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/eDrp4

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
Started skating the Hudson's recently, they're great, except had to shoe goo the side canvas panel after 2 sessions, I'm excited to skate my pair of keys, I haven't skated a slip on in years