Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 93103 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #330 on: June 23, 2018, 05:38:46 PM »
Best shoes I've skated in years for sure.

Now I need to try and find them in Europe. Anyone know of any distro's in Holland/Belgium/Germany doing them?

Literally all I've been doing is singing their praises every time someone asks me what shoes I'm wearing.

So worth supporting.

their current distro for all of Europe I believe is Shiner Dist, but as soon as next year State is supposed to start working with one independent distro for each individual country in Europe, should make it a lot easier to find the shoes hopefully!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:40:50 PM by silhouette »

somedudefromnj

« Reply #331 on: June 24, 2018, 11:26:22 AM »
got a pair and couldnt even get my foot in the shoe. do they have shoes for dudes with fat feet?

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2018, 03:41:33 AM »
If anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to get a hold of these in Australia without having to ship internationally, it would be greatly appreciated, shit even an email contact to a distro in US so I can get the ball rolling over here!

timmytwohands

• Rep: 0
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2018, 04:10:51 AM »
Get them from hyperride in NZ they ship to Aussie and are cheap too. Grouse mate.

clintendo

« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2018, 04:53:41 AM »
Cheers Timmy & Paco!

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2018, 10:33:30 AM »
got a pair and couldnt even get my foot in the shoe. do they have shoes for dudes with fat feet?

damn how fat are your feet? mine are on the wide side but i fit fine in keys and theyve gotten kinda loose after the break in period.

i still love them so much.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2018, 10:49:43 AM »
I'm really enjoying my State Hudsons, was going to ditch them once I picked up a couple of pairs of DC Smith mids on sale but ended up really liking them (and for $17 they were a steal!).

somedudefromnj

« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2018, 02:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

damn how fat are your feet? mine are on the wide side but i fit fine in keys and theyve gotten kinda loose after the break in period.

I wear 10-10.5 in hufs and haven't really tried any other shoes for fear of fit. I picked up the elgins and they were just not happening. Do they typically fit true to size? They kind of reminded me how the eS edgar shoes were

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #338 on: June 25, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »

DC Evan Smith love your fat feet.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #339 on: June 25, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wear 10-10.5 in hufs and haven't really tried any other shoes for fear of fit. I picked up the elgins and they were just not happening. Do they typically fit true to size? They kind of reminded me how the eS edgar shoes were

The Elgins are probably the narrowest and shallowest shoes I have. If they were a tad bit roomier and the sole wasn't such a pebble magnet, I'd love them. Really nice looking shoes IMO.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: June 25, 2018, 03:14:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

The Elgins are probably the narrowest and shallowest shoes I have. If they were a tad bit roomier and the sole wasn't such a pebble magnet, I'd love them. Really nice looking shoes IMO.

Across all shoes, during and after each session I'm doing thing (thankfully I'm usually in a park), fastest was is to rub find something flat with a hard edge and slide it up and down the tread. Tedious AF.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #341 on: June 25, 2018, 05:41:11 PM »
I have one pair(the half cab knock) and they were very stiff at first but overall a good shoe.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #342 on: June 26, 2018, 07:18:42 PM »
There is a pair of Navy canvas Harlems coming out at the end of the summer that look nice. I still have yet to try State but I am always tempted.

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #343 on: June 28, 2018, 11:01:07 AM »
What size should I go for with State if I wear size 11.5 Vans and Emericas? Thanks.

skatefarm

« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Best shoes I've skated in years for sure.

Now I need to try and find them in Europe. Anyone know of any distro's in Holland/Belgium/Germany doing them?

Literally all I've been doing is singing their praises every time someone asks me what shoes I'm wearing.

So worth supporting.
[close]

their current distro for all of Europe I believe is Shiner Dist, but as soon as next year State is supposed to start working with one independent distro for each individual country in Europe, should make it a lot easier to find the shoes hopefully!

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully more shops will be carrying them soon!

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: July 02, 2018, 10:11:17 AM »
What size should I go for with State if I wear size 11.5 Vans and Emericas? Thanks.

I wear a perfect size 9 in all of these. If the sizing ratios between those brands are anything proportional, I'd say get 11.5 States. This thread is full of people with different sized feet saying States fit true to size, so you should be good (unless somebody with 11.5 size feet chimes in and specifically debunks this, somehow).

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #346 on: July 02, 2018, 06:58:13 PM »
Just to hype this out a little more, guys who wanna try them in australia, i looked on the hyperride website mentioned above, things are $50ish

clintendo

« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2018, 04:07:08 AM »
Just to hype this out a little more, guys who wanna try them in australia, i looked on the hyperride website mentioned above, things are $50ish

Just got the word the other day that Lush (same place that owns street machine and distro's NHS in australia) is now distro for State, My local is already on it!!

franc

• Rep: 96
« Reply #348 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wear a perfect size 9 in all of these. If the sizing ratios between those brands are anything proportional, I'd say get 11.5 States. This thread is full of people with different sized feet saying States fit true to size, so you should be good (unless somebody with 11.5 size feet chimes in and specifically debunks this, somehow).

Thanks man!

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #349 on: July 08, 2018, 12:32:06 PM »
I stumpled on a good deal, got me a pair of bishop, keys, salem and harlem. I'm fuckin stoked!

Sad Hippo

« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »
Has anyone paid full price for these things? I had a pair of keys that I hated because every step made a squeak. I had a pair of canvas somethings that I puked on and had to throw away. Think between those 2 pairs I was out $30.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2018, 05:12:19 PM »
i didnt for the pair of keys i got but i would pay full price for my next pair because i love them.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #352 on: July 08, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks man!

Def not trying to be a naysayer, but i am 11.5 in vans and emerica and 11 in state...

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #353 on: July 08, 2018, 10:13:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks man!
[close]

Def not trying to be a naysayer, but i am 11.5 in vans and emerica and 11 in state...

i wear a 10.5 in vans and i got the keys in 10.5. I am considering trying a 10 next time i get them just because of how much they broke in.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2018, 10:45:28 AM »
just ordered the Albany Magenta collab. ive been waiting for these to come out forever.

how does the Felton compare to the Keys?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: July 24, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
just ordered the Albany Magenta collab. ive been waiting for these to come out forever.

how does the Felton compare to the Keys?

Never tried any of these so I can't be of any help but I hope you enjoy your Albany's, I got to skate in an early pair of those and they were my favorite shoes in forever, they feel super good to skate in, give me that I-Path feel and last for a really long time (I skated mine to death until they felt like socks around my feet because I couldn't see any hole forming, and I'd rather hurt my feet than retire them which is really stupid but admittedly I'm also pretty lazy and hate new shoes).

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: July 24, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
you posted about them before and it sold me ever more. i just got an email saying their shipment was delayed for a few weeks and while im bummed at least ive got them ordered while i can.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #357 on: August 03, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »
I've been on a hype where I really want to support State (they align pretty well with my philosophy on skating,  support the right people, etc) but I can't fully get past the fact that the majority of the designs kinda look like off-brand sneakers.  Folks on here have vouched for the quality but they still look a bit like a Big 5's skate line or something.  My local should have them soon so I'll get some Keys to check out.   

wheee!

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #358 on: August 03, 2018, 01:33:22 AM »
State subtlety tweak their designs enough where they aren't full rip-offs (think homage) and even if they were they're 9 times out of 10 better than the original anyway. Also, you hate HUF? HUF straight plagiarized shoe designs in their earlier years...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:23 AM »
Not going to lie, my Mercers looked so much like Halfcabs everybody I know spontaneously started calling them the State Halfcabs. I kind of like being able to skate in similar shoes all the while supporting something closer to the culture than fucking Vans though.

To me States are your basic skater's skate shoe with all the practical fundamentals totally covered, and I find that they have the accompanying look; they look like something their target demographic would want to skate in, often reminding me of I-Path, all the while giving me flashbacks of some of the best Sole Tech models in terms of comfort and the Vans pro series in terms of durability.