Author Topic: State footwear.  (Read 39726 times)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
Re: State footwear.
« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
just ordered the Albany Magenta collab. ive been waiting for these to come out forever.

how does the Felton compare to the Keys?

Never tried any of these so I can't be of any help but I hope you enjoy your Albany's, I got to skate in an early pair of those and they were my favorite shoes in forever, they feel super good to skate in, give me that I-Path feel and last for a really long time (I skated mine to death until they felt like socks around my feet because I couldn't see any hole forming, and I'd rather hurt my feet than retire them which is really stupid but admittedly I'm also pretty lazy and hate new shoes).

nopes

• Rep: 20
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2018, 12:05:43 PM »
you posted about them before and it sold me ever more. i just got an email saying their shipment was delayed for a few weeks and while im bummed at least ive got them ordered while i can.

tuque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #362 on: August 03, 2018, 12:54:45 AM »
I've been on a hype where I really want to support State (they align pretty well with my philosophy on skating,  support the right people, etc) but I can't fully get past the fact that the majority of the designs kinda look like off-brand sneakers.  Folks on here have vouched for the quality but they still look a bit like a Big 5's skate line or something.  My local should have them soon so I'll get some Keys to check out.   

wheee!

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -384
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #363 on: August 03, 2018, 01:33:22 AM »
State subtlety tweak their designs enough where they aren't full rip-offs (think homage) and even if they were they're 9 times out of 10 better than the original anyway. Also, you hate HUF? HUF straight plagiarized shoe designs in their earlier years...

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #364 on: August 03, 2018, 02:02:23 AM »
Not going to lie, my Mercers looked so much like Halfcabs everybody I know spontaneously started calling them the State Halfcabs. I kind of like being able to skate in similar shoes all the while supporting something closer to the culture than fucking Vans though.

To me States are your basic skater's skate shoe with all the practical fundamentals totally covered, and I find that they have the accompanying look; they look like something their target demographic would want to skate in, often reminding me of I-Path, all the while giving me flashbacks of some of the best Sole Tech models in terms of comfort and the Vans pro series in terms of durability.

clamy

• Rep: 81
« Reply #365 on: August 03, 2018, 03:20:30 AM »
Once I'm done with my stash of Vans I'm going to make a conscious effort to support State. The fact they hook up Jon Nguyen is enough for me to support them. Plus the video they put out was a nice treat.

With Castrucci helping out, I hope they do some shoes that are similar to Habitat models.

tuque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #366 on: August 03, 2018, 12:17:52 PM »
I'm not really talking about their shoes looking like existing models.  If the point is to make simple,  straight forward vulcanized shoes then there's only so many ways to do it.  There's just something about the shape/lines and even colors on a lot of the models that looks kind of funky. Like Airspeed-ish.  I will say that they tend to look WAY better on foot/in footage than in product shots.  Also wouldn't hurt to make some models (Keys) in all black. Looking forward to seeing them in person and trying them on.   

wheee!

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -579
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2018, 01:49:27 PM »
State just released the Magenta colabs, and suddenly, Soy's skating Vans again...

clintendo

• Rep: -4
  • of sponnoz
« Reply #368 on: August 14, 2018, 03:28:41 AM »
Been rocking the harlems for a bit now, and I really like them, the soles on these seem to be indestructible, will be getting them again

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #369 on: August 14, 2018, 05:23:15 AM »
harlem and harambe aren't too far off from one another as words
good come sausage

nopes

• Rep: 20
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #370 on: August 14, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
Iím getting ancie waiting for the magenta Albanyís to get in stock and sent to me. My keys are about done.