Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 10938 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Dark Souls 3
« on: April 28, 2016, 02:47:38 PM »
Anyone else playing this? It's amazing, it's as if you put Dark Souls 1 and 2 in a blender with Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. In the best way possible. Probably going to beat the game tonight or 2morro, and will proceed to keep playing it endlessly.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:32:17 AM »
I'm loving it. I probably don't love it as much as Bloodborne because that game oozed style with the gothic, horror, lovecraft thing it had going and I freaking loved that. Gameplay wise DS 3 is still amazing though. I'm running around wrecking shop, two handing a giant chipped butchers knife. Once I got past the starting weapons and found some cooler stuff the game became so much more fun. I'm up to the Irithyll Dungeon, I have no idea how much more game I have to go through but I will certainly go through new game plus!

I picked up this ridiculous thing and kind of want to use it as my main weapon for while haha.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 11:39:27 PM »
I can't get in to it. I rented it just to be sure, and I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on it. It's the pain olympics of video games.
you never know about pre-cum 

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:17:47 PM »
Played up to the third boss and haven't gone further in a month or so. I'm falling behind as far as new releases go. Yet to finish Bloodborne and Scholar of the First Sin version of Dark Souls 2.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 03:20:59 PM »
DLC is out! I lent my friend my PS4 months ago and am in no rush to get it back, but lord knows I'm gonna be all over dat DLC when I eventually take it back. There's a 2nd DLC coming in the near future, as well.

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
finally got this and bloodborne. gonna play bloodborne first and then pretend im playing bloodborne while playing ds3

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »
finally got this and bloodborne. gonna play bloodborne first and then pretend im playing bloodborne while playing ds3

Bloodborne is probably going to give you a faster style once you get to DS3. A lot of people use big-ass shields when they play the Souls games, but I generally roll and dodge attacks rather than tanking them with a shield. Bloodborne is all about fast dodging (there's only like 2 shields in the game and 1 of them is essentially useless)!

beat!

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 03:36:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bloodborne is probably going to give you a faster style once you get to DS3. A lot of people use big-ass shields when they play the Souls games, but I generally roll and dodge attacks rather than tanking them with a shield. Bloodborne is all about fast dodging (there's only like 2 shields in the game and 1 of them is essentially useless)!

damn right. Dodge and parry all day. Just beat the Orphan of Kos second try im stoked

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

damn right. Dodge and parry all day. Just beat the Orphan of Kos second try im stoked

Jesus! Did you summon any help? Or are you just crazy good

arek

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 12:31:23 PM »
Best game(s) ever made.

Demon's Souls/Dark Souls1/2/3 & Bloodborne, passed them all.

Will play anything FromSoftware makes. All other games are kinda weak in comparison.
Would LOVE for them to do a SCI FI space horror souls game.

beat!

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 02:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jesus! Did you summon any help? Or are you just crazy good

no summons. Maybe I got lucky. I didn't know how aggressive he'd be on my first go so I just played defense and he manhandled me in like 20 seconds. Second go i just tried to be more aggressive than him and it worked

I tried out DS3 and scurried right back to Bloodborne after about an hour. Gameplay's good and all but the change of pace really jarred me. I'm just gonna platinum bloodborne before I step into DS3

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
I'm getting close to finishing Bloodborne (although I might buy the DLC and play it before I get to New Game+).

All and all pretty outstanding although I didn't like having to farm supplies/echoes (I prefer when leveling up happens organically as you progress story wise) and the load times were a bear.

Which Souls title would you recommend next? It sounds like no one is big on DS2. What are the gameplay differences between Demon Souls and Dark Souls?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 08:27:18 PM »
Add me on steam! user: goody_wuthrie

second dlc trailer looks awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezosSMzPdNQ

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 02:55:37 PM »
Bloodborne is probably my favorite game of all time, got the platinum. DS3 isn't bad, seems kinda easy so far. I'm 11 bosses deep and am still soul level 1. I liked the first one better. All the NPCs seemed to have more character. 2 is bleh. Demon's Souls was the shit though, the first time trying to figure out all the Miyazaki-esque traps and the user messages trying to get you killed, starting a new game over and over to try and kill that fat wing demon at the beginning only to get punched in the face by a dragon. Having to memorize the path you need to run so you don't get cooked. The puzzle bosses, I know people complain about that, but I thought it was cool the first time.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 11:24:48 PM »
Still playing Bloodborne . The boss fights are just so much fun and the story is amazing

I bought DS2 for PS4 and DS1 for ps3 . Waiting for DS3 price to go down before I buy it and looking for Demon Souls