Author Topic: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2  (Read 104356 times)

Casey Jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
Re: Viceland KOTR: s1/e2
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »
I like this version. I like seeing the process more to completing tasks. It's easy to watch and pretty entertaining. The ender of this episode was pretty fucked up.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2016, 04:02:18 AM »
wow so far the the chocolate teams seems to be killing...dunno about the new dude tho

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2016, 04:25:57 AM »
I have to say I really like this vice version a lot better. Really shows how gnarly the process of getting all that shit is. And I'd assume it'll only get more exciting/crazy towards the end.

Also I feel like through this you get to know pros personalities way better than ever before. Like I'm already liking all of the guys on it way more than before. Thought of Mike as just an angry face before, but now he seems pretty cool and funny. A really good way for a flow guy to make themselves known.

Billy Marks still kills it pretty fucking hard

Watched with hola and no adblock and it worked great. They need to air it at least every fucking week though this is ridiculous

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2016, 07:23:57 AM »
Part 3 was sick! I hate the waiting each week or two. Loving the long format though, can't believe they used to cram it all into 1 clip the same length as each episode.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »
Clint Walker always comes off as unlikable to me.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2016, 12:35:02 PM »
Anyone else think it was weird how Mike Davis was way more concerned about kissing his friend's ex wife than he was about lying to his girlfriend?
immediately.

And re: Johnny- Didn't all of the teams take a flow guy? I actually find his little subplot interesting. Flow kid trying to make it and struggling to get it done. Its worth remembering, this isn't a documentary, its a reality show. Take the way their personalities are portrayed with a grain of salt. They may be intentionally editing it to create issues and drama. It seems like they are trying to create characters of some of them- Johnny is the kid who is in a new world and intimidated by it, Axel is the Euro kid who is naive and innocent, etc. I doubt any of them actually are how they are portrayed. That said, he may be awesome, he may be a dork.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2016, 01:12:54 AM »
that poop in the van was fucking grossssssssssss. on a bristol stool scale it was a 7.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »
Expand Quote
A very gnarly and successful company - brought a little kid like Jones on King of the Road. The kid is nice, and all; and i'm sure he's good at skating. But he kinda comes off as a ... bitch (for a lack of better words). He is not really bringing anything to the table. Chocolate didn't have ANY other options?  ???
Only thing I saw was drinking a feeble amount of urine and a tailslide with an umbrella..

Some one please correct me, and tell me why this kid is worthy
[close]

I think they just took a chance. Bringing unheard of flow guys has worked really well for people in the past, J-Lay and T-Guns were both unheard of flow guys when they did king of the road the first time and they killed it because they had the most to prove. I guess they figured the same would apply to Johnny.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2016, 11:32:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
A very gnarly and successful company - brought a little kid like Jones on King of the Road. The kid is nice, and all; and i'm sure he's good at skating. But he kinda comes off as a ... bitch (for a lack of better words). He is not really bringing anything to the table. Chocolate didn't have ANY other options?  ???
Only thing I saw was drinking a feeble amount of urine and a tailslide with an umbrella..

[close]
[close]

I think they just took a chance. Bringing unheard of flow guys has worked really well for people in the past, J-Lay and T-Guns were both unheard of flow guys when they did king of the road the first time and they killed it because they had the most to prove. I guess they figured the same would apply to Johnny.
jlay and t-guns were actually good enough to be flow/am then..this kid shouldnt even be flow he simp
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:29:04 PM by nino brown »

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »
mike sinclair seems pretty cool in this

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2016, 03:41:16 PM »
really dig the 40+ min episodes. that's cool.

DrCockNballs

• Rep: -2
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2016, 02:53:48 PM »
that poop in the van was fucking grossssssssssss. on a bristol stool scale it was a 7.

:D :D perfect bristol stool chart reference. I can say I've never heard/read those words outside of work. :D

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2016, 10:49:45 AM »
Episode 3 is out:
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/sabotage-is-part-of-the-game/5718e8b138c6b5367d33c745

I couldn't watch it on the vice site but this one worked for me:
http://www.watchseries.li/link/vodlocker.com/6562220

Birdhouse seems really lame. They're really good at skateboarding, and I understand that people sabotage each other, but they're really doing the most. I guess their behavior doesn't really change my plan to never buy a Birdhouse board.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
Thanks for the link baby dick. I liked this episode better than the previous. Still fuck you Thrasher and Viceland for making watching this difficult as fuck.

Birdhouse seems kooky. A bit try hard. Chocolate is better, but Toy Machine is the best. Goes exactly like my views on them normally go also.  :)

pissedead

• Rep: 2
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2016, 01:55:40 PM »
Episode 3 is out:
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/sabotage-is-part-of-the-game/5718e8b138c6b5367d33c745

Birdhouse seems really lame. They're really good at skateboarding, and I understand that people sabotage each other, but they're really doing the most. I guess their behavior doesn't really change my plan to never buy a Birdhouse board.

this shit gave me a virus

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1069
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »
Episode 3 is out:

Thanks for the link baby dick. I liked this episode better than the previous. Still fuck you Thrasher and Viceland for making watching this difficult as fuck.

Birdhouse seems kooky. A bit try hard. Chocolate is better, but Toy Machine is the best. Goes exactly like my views on them normally go also.  :)

SKATEBOARDING: Where even though the point is to win, trying to actually win is frowned upon.

also, another thanks for that link!

too much

« Reply #136 on: May 22, 2016, 07:45:59 PM »
Daniel Lutheran crying was so fucking funny...are they not doing guest riders this year?

ETA:
Nose press backside 360 tail grab is a sick as fuck stylish ass trick.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:45:29 PM by too much »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #137 on: May 22, 2016, 11:18:12 PM »
the mystery guest riders always come up in the middle of the tour.
they do have mystery guests on this. forrest, heath and j.casanova.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #138 on: May 26, 2016, 06:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

He's trying dude. He drank his own pee, did the bearings only kickflip. He's 18 and is on a trip with the Trunk Boyz and people who have known each other for years. Cut him some slack.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Durndle

• Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2016, 01:16:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

He's trying dude. He drank his own pee, did the bearings only kickflip. He's 18 and is on a trip with the Trunk Boyz and people who have known each other for years. Cut him some slack.
I will not sir. He's not up to my standard of skateboard scumbag and quite frankly he eats pancakes for lunch. Sick bastard

Green Bastard

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2016, 10:29:07 PM »
weird question can anybody give me the song in the background when Jaws is picking out berries in episode 4.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2016, 02:00:47 AM »
Expand Quote
wtf is up with raven's thumb?!??? ???
[close]
i thought i noticed something too. looks like he is missing a couple finger tips

Those tats are horrendous

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2016, 06:22:20 AM »
First episode was kind of cool.

Now all I see is faggots trying to do useless faggots shits.

Fuck this.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -607
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2016, 06:25:07 AM »
Any links for last nights episode?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2016, 07:10:51 AM »
Viceland can get fucked. I've been steadily watching these with the Viceland app on my Roku, the next day, for free. Everytime. Now that I've gotten comfortable with that process, they've decided to switch it up, and I can either watch episode 1 or 2 only. Weak.

sebastian

• Rep: -16
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2016, 07:47:37 AM »
Yeah, thanks Viceland. I wish it was possible to buy a subsription to Viceland a la Netflix, they've got a lot of great content especially KOTR and some sports and film shit, but I can't see it from Europe. Fucking guys.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2016, 08:02:33 AM »
Elijah has been killing it. Its a bit over produced, but its sick to see practically everything documented.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2016, 08:31:39 AM »
I want to watch television on the internet, not the other way around. 

Fuck Thrasher and Vice for being stupid enough to try and delve into a dying medium. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2016, 09:22:06 AM »
Yea, this whole login with your cable provider to watch a show on the internet isn't gonna cut it. The majority of people I know who would actually give a shit about KOTR don't fuck with cable.

The whole "here are the first three episodes free", but now here are episodes 1 and 2 free and we also  decided having 3 be free wasn't a smart business move. We also aren't going to let you watch any of the other episodes unless you are paying these big corporate companies.

The funny thing is they have a "no cable, watch episodes free" link which takes you to a page where KOTR is not present.

Stick to the Thrasher formula: provide content for free and show ads beforehand. If you are worried about ad blockers, implement code that will only show the full video if the person turns off their ad blocker. It exists.  

Right now Vice is only turning away their audience.

I am assuming someone out there will eventually rip the show off the site and share it for free, which would not include any advertisements before or after the showing (missed revenue for viceland)

It would be interesting to see how much bandwidth the episodes use and how much the hosting service actually costs Vice.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 09:26:37 AM by tkp »

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2016, 09:32:13 AM »
I'd appreciate a link as well. Fuck Vice and fuck Thrasher. They're totally fucking this up.