Author Topic: #freewaychallenge  (Read 1941 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
#freewaychallenge
« on: May 03, 2016, 04:38:58 PM »
Has this shit been posted yet? I actually think its pretty rad. Take back the streets and shit...
Yeah its dangerous, skateboarding isn't supposed to be safe assholes.
http://ktla.com/2016/05/03/highway-patrol-warns-against-growing-trend-of-freeway-skateboarding/
edit: only saw one actual clip under the hashtag. I'm guessing some people took it down, but there probably weren't many to begin with. I hope the news sensationalism actual DOES make it become a trend.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:42:35 PM by Ronald Wilson Reagan »
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

unerds

• Rep: -3
Re: #freewaychallenge
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 04:42:38 PM »
just in photos/videos section:

http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=90849.0

i'd be interested in seeing how far people take this.

quick flat bar session on a gridlocked freeway?

#freewayfeebles?

Xtal.

• Rep: -406
  • Less is more stay pure, stay poor
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »
Yo! I'm backin this hard. This is just what skateboarding needs right now

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:59 PM »
Oh shit! Haha, this was posted today on my local station while the reporter reports from the 101 exit a couple of blocks down from my house. Haha! Wonder if the reporter knows that he is reporting from the same location where Keith Hufnagle 50/50 the freeway overpass handrail in the DC video or the same location where Muska 50/50 down the rail into the freeway where the bus stops. The reporter did a nice job of reporting from the scene. It seems Nackel is just taking it up a notch. The only thing I could foresee happening from what the officer said is someone getting hit by a motorcycle. Thise fools don't give a damn if there is gridlock they zip through fast as fuck!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:11 AM »

Photo I shot of my bud last summer.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 09:59:34 AM »
I skated a freeway once a few years ago, but it was on i-70 driving back to denver from the mountains. They have to close the Eisenhower tunnel for like a half hour when traffic is bad to make sure people don't die from car fumes while driving through it. When it happens you just know that you won't be moving for awhile, so I took out my rainy day board and skated a bit between the cars. It was a solid way to pass the time.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »
did this a couple years ago we were crawling forever in the car. got out and kickflipped on the i-5 in traffic and skated through the cars for a bit.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »
Oh shit! Haha, this was posted today on my local station while the reporter reports from the 101 exit a couple of blocks down from my house. Haha! Wonder if the reporter knows that he is reporting from the same location where Keith Hufnagle 50/50 the freeway overpass handrail in the DC video or the same location where Muska 50/50 down the rail into the freeway where the bus stops. The reporter did a nice job of reporting from the scene. It seems Nackel is just taking it up a notch. The only thing I could foresee happening from what the officer said is someone getting hit by a motorcycle. Thise fools don't give a damn if there is gridlock they zip through fast as fuck!

Yeah, that is a good point actually. That never even occurred to me. Lane Splitting in California on motorcycles is legal and actually encouraged by Motorcycle Safety Foundation. I ride motorcycles myself and always lane split in traffic.

Be fuckin careful out there you guys. If not you getting hit, your board ending up in between the cars could pitch a motorcycle rider....

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:09:29 AM »

I did this last year, guess I am ahead of the trends.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 11:17:26 AM »
Green transportation is bad! Stop skateboarding!  :D