Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35524 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #180 on: May 07, 2016, 03:33:00 AM »
I'm glad that Zero is still breathing, although I'll always have resentment for them for not releasing those Forrest boards. Get him a full time filmer and take him to all the famous spots and he'll have a part in a week!!

But yeah I feel like things are gonna be taking a turn from the artsy ''fun'' no-comply stuff towards some gnarly rail chomping again. I still love all that weird and creative shit, but it's starting to get played out. Time to go get some hammers! Gonna buy a Zero board next!

I swear, Forrest is like the fucking Nathan Fillion of skateboarding.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2016, 03:44:19 AM »
Jamie it is so good to hear that Zero is still in business.

The only request I have is that for the next video release, please release a skate sound only edit along with the full edit with the music. One of the most common gripes in the video section here is that the music sucks. Unfortunately, muting the sound means all the lovely grinding and popping noises are gone, too.

Thanks for putting in all of your hard work over the years. Here's to another 20 years of Zero.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #182 on: May 07, 2016, 04:09:08 AM »
^

never heard that about a zero video. i always thought the soundtracks fit the videos pretty good. having chris cole skate to that trap rap song tho was weird and didn't fit the aesthetic and it also wasn't funny. maybe the soundtracks are a bit predictable.

i dig the idea about the skate sounds only edit tho, pretty great. i sometimes like to watch parts with my own song of choice and it sucks when you can't hear the skatesounds.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #183 on: May 07, 2016, 06:01:46 AM »
In addition, this age of copyrights vigilance could delay a video release. A skate sound only release means you could release it quicker and put the onus of getting the appropriate music that should be paired with the part on the audience. Songs that would cost you a lot to get cleared or would never get approval could be DIY paired by the viewer.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #184 on: May 07, 2016, 07:05:33 AM »
Haven't bought a zero board in years but i own hardcopies of all the videos! will you drop a full length of no cash value or will it be a on going web series?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #185 on: May 07, 2016, 07:45:09 AM »
Maybe it should be obvious, but who is this JS?

Montreal skater

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #186 on: May 07, 2016, 08:02:31 AM »
Yeah....I didn't buy it....I don't think skateboarding could lose JT if it wanted to.....zero is like Alva....you can't really kill it.....

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 513
    • shop lurker avatar image
« Reply #187 on: May 07, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »
Thrill of it all man, that video still gets me stoked to skate. Even just thinking of the soundtrack.

swag nollies

« Reply #188 on: May 07, 2016, 08:13:17 AM »
Shoutout to JT though. I only wore zero shit when I was a kid because my mom liked JT's crosses n shit, every other company was satanic to her.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #189 on: May 07, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
favourite Zero part hands down

busted-knee

• Rep: -12
« Reply #190 on: May 07, 2016, 08:52:20 AM »
Expand Quote
So about that Rowley guest board..
[close]
rowel's sick, but i think he's working on a brand right?

No reason not to make a guest board happen. Geoff and Zero would be sick. Get Horton to do the graphics and that's one for the wall and one to skate!

C'mon, bow to the peer pressure of Slap!

shit_for_brains

« Reply #191 on: May 07, 2016, 09:45:33 AM »
I gave Mrs. JT my chair at the Misled Youth premiere in Tampa and then regretted it because I had to stand there all night when I could have been slightly ruder and sat.

FutureAccident

• Rep: 3
« Reply #192 on: May 07, 2016, 11:49:17 AM »
I'm really stoked to hear that Zero is not done. It's one of the few brands that you can say really made a huge impact on skateboarding as far as style, tricks, and filming (whether or not you think those changes were good or bad). As long as we're sharing Zero/JT nostalgia I've got three personal faves. Please forgive the "old man reminiscing" post.

Finding a pair of JT Adio shoes at a thrift store in El Cajon that I'd never seen before and bought them for like 10 bucks. Later saw JT and Erik Ellington filming at SD City College, chief came up to me and asked where I'd gotten those shoes because they were a prototype of his new pro model. I was stoked and wore those shoes way longer than was reasonable.

Nearly getting crushed to death at the Misled Youth premiere at Spreckels and then watching the entire place get destroyed. A lot of drunk industry types responded to the excitement by whipping their dicks out, which I thought was a weird response. Jamie, if you read this, did they make you guys pay for what must've been a ton of damage? I'm pretty sure my fear of large crowds stems from that night. I wish I still had my poster.

When a friend of mine and I drove to Phoenix to see the last demo of the tour at some point in the early 2000's. My friend skated the demo and chief threw him some gas money. I also learned that I never want to smoke weed in 110 degree weather ever again, I could feel each drop of sweat exiting my pores and it was disgusting. We lit off bottle rockets in the Honda CRX on the way back to stay awake, which was consistent with our shit-head behavior at the time.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #193 on: May 07, 2016, 10:27:26 PM »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #194 on: May 07, 2016, 11:21:31 PM »
Jamie, do you enjoy the acting of Rob Lowe?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Main

• Rep: -208
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2016, 11:24:17 PM »
Shoutout to JT though. I only wore zero shit when I was a kid because my mom liked JT's crosses n shit, every other company was satanic to her.

Lol, I feel like I had a few friends who's parents were like that growing up.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #196 on: May 07, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
I'm really stoked to hear that Zero is not done. It's one of the few brands that you can say really made a huge impact on skateboarding as far as style, tricks, and filming (whether or not you think those changes were good or bad). As long as we're sharing Zero/JT nostalgia I've got three personal faves. Please forgive the "old man reminiscing" post.

Finding a pair of JT Adio shoes at a thrift store in El Cajon that I'd never seen before and bought them for like 10 bucks. Later saw JT and Erik Ellington filming at SD City College, chief came up to me and asked where I'd gotten those shoes because they were a prototype of his new pro model. I was stoked and wore those shoes way longer than was reasonable.

Nearly getting crushed to death at the Misled Youth premiere at Spreckels and then watching the entire place get destroyed. A lot of drunk industry types responded to the excitement by whipping their dicks out, which I thought was a weird response. Jamie, if you read this, did they make you guys pay for what must've been a ton of damage? I'm pretty sure my fear of large crowds stems from that night. I wish I still had my poster.

When a friend of mine and I drove to Phoenix to see the last demo of the tour at some point in the early 2000's. My friend skated the demo and chief threw him some gas money. I also learned that I never want to smoke weed in 110 degree weather ever again, I could feel each drop of sweat exiting my pores and it was disgusting. We lit off bottle rockets in the Honda CRX on the way back to stay awake, which was consistent with our shit-head behavior at the time.

This made me chuckle.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #197 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44:02 PM »
Also, without talking shit. Is it fair to say that Koston's instagram post that seemingly mocked the downfall of fallen was in bad taste, and that regardless of his feelings about the shoes, a lot of people worked hard to make it work for as long as it did, and that mocking the closing is in bad taste? I mean, that's not really shit talking Koston, its just making a statement in defense of your work. It may not have lasted, but how many shoe companies has koston run?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
favourite Zero part hands down

Respect to Lynn. I always loved that he apologized for his ability to astro-project.
*shrugs shoulders and shakes head* "I'm sorry, but I do."
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2016, 05:54:41 PM »
favourite Zero part/ Zero team rider hands down

YAS!!!
Jamie, is it true that Wade Burkitt was the first person you put on Zero?
Please tell us a good Wade story!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 06:03:44 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2016, 02:55:51 AM »
Also, without talking shit. Is it fair to say that Koston's instagram post that seemingly mocked the downfall of fallen was in bad taste, and that regardless of his feelings about the shoes, a lot of people worked hard to make it work for as long as it did, and that mocking the closing is in bad taste? I mean, that's not really shit talking Koston, its just making a statement in defense of your work. It may not have lasted, but how many shoe companies has koston run?

Moveon.org

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2016, 01:46:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Moveon.org
Jamie, did you get a new screenname? If not, then I'd be curious how you, not atiba applebum, feel about those statements. Was it all fun and games that we just don't get? A statement not worthy of response? A statement which you wish was not made? A fair thing to say in the harsh world of business?

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2016, 07:44:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So about that Rowley guest board..
[close]
rowel's sick, but i think he's working on a brand right?
[close]

No reason not to make a guest board happen. Geoff and Zero would be sick. Get Horton to do the graphics and that's one for the wall and one to skate!

C'mon, bow to the peer pressure of Slap!
who the fuck is geoff rowel ?   by the way you kinda messed up a few pics i was tryna get at bust or bail man, way to go
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

1dxxx

• Rep: -3
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Jamie, do you enjoy the acting of Rob Lowe?

Need answer please..