Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35538 times)

violentpizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 12:45:54 AM »
I'm always hyped when people who haven't bought a companies board in 5 years get nostalgic when they fold.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:48 AM »
Better order this masterpiece while I still can...

Really though, I don't care. Zero videos were rad but I never bought anything, ever.
you never know about pre-cum 

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
What have I become*
[close]

my sweetest friend

I loved this reference.
I was thinking of adding to the discussion but I'm not sure I will, with the current spate of clickbait threads on here I'm finding this rather difficult to believe. Plus , if Zero does go out of business, I would think it's only a matter of time before ISUCK and others start a new brand.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 01:28:19 AM »
Very sad to see them fold, if that is the case. I loved Zero. It was prety much the embodiment of hard work in skateboarding.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 01:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If it's true I'm not surprised.

Jamie Thomas can't even figure out his own image so he's like the last guy who should've ever been living through his brand. � Had dude not been as shrewd as he was on the businesses end of things Zero would've disappeared when it should've (when it lost it's original identity). � 

All that being said it really puts into perspective how special Ed and Gonz really are for being able keep their brands true to themselves for as long as they have.

[close]

LOL, what the fuck are you talking about?
[close]

"LOL" He kept changing the company's creative direction to fit whatever stupid kick he happened to be on. Punk rock, goth, generic 70's hippie, evangelical, liberal political, etc.

And the way he changes from having some decks with riders names on it to some decks with just Zero on then??????  Pick a lane buddy!

But man, those liberal political boards were the best!  Still have the Elissa Steamer equal pay act board on my wall. Looking for a Tommy Gunz Control if anyone has that for sale

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 02:21:02 AM »
That's fucking right for kicking of Forrest. Bummed for Dane and Tommy though

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 02:37:05 AM »

who is that in your signature? rowley?

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 02:58:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Jamie Thomas can't even figure out his own image so he's like the last guy who should've ever been living through his brand. � Had dude not been as shrewd as he was on the businesses end of things Zero would've disappeared when it should've (when it lost it's original identity). � 

All that being said it really puts into perspective how special Ed and Gonz really are for being able keep their brands true to themselves for as long as they have.

[close]

[close]

"LOL" He kept changing the company's creative direction to fit whatever stupid kick he happened to be on. Punk rock, goth, generic 70's hippie, evangelical, liberal political, etc.

Yeah, what the fuck was he thinking? Doing what he wanted with his company, fuck that guy.
you never know about pre-cum 

pekkaaa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 03:06:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Clive Dixon. Also, super bummed if this is true.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:49 AM »
slap needs to stop with these fucking lipstick rumors ...these fucking threads are out of control

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 03:29:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Jamie Thomas can't even figure out his own image so he's like the last guy who should've ever been living through his brand. � Had dude not been as shrewd as he was on the businesses end of things Zero would've disappeared when it should've (when it lost it's original identity). �  

[close]

[close]

So he changed up creative direction every so often, companies do that from time to time & you could always still buy the zero skull board, so what difference does it make if they do other boards? Besides, you could always follow the general direction they were following. If anything, i'd say zero is (hopefully not has been) one of the more consistant companies around. By your logic Andrew Reynolds lost his way for doing boards other than the red and white baker logo board.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:36:57 AM by Suit Up! »

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 04:21:04 AM »
Quote from: alecjahr  link=topic=90867.msg2488431#msg2488431 date=1462331579
Have a homie that works for dummies with a z and they got the email today.

no truth to this whatsoever, Zero is alive and well!!

shutting fallen down was a bummer and hard to do, but as I said in the Jenkem interview (http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/04/13/jamie-thomas-on-the-demise-of-fallen-footwear/) it has allowed me the time and headspace to focus more on Zero, which is actually working and growing again. I'm also focused more on getting out and actually riding my skateboard, which is really all that matters amongst all this chatter.

to address all the pointless jabs in this thread, Zero has never wavered it's direction; it has always been a bunch of misfits with nothing to lose, if anything to our detriment. those that felt that was no longer who they were left and those that continue to appreciate what we are, stay. the changes and evolution of the brand have been a result of the team that for better or worse always changes. Zero is not about the newest trend and we're not trying to be anything we're not. Zero is about the passion to put it all on the line and take it in the nuts for what we love. FTW Zero Or Die!!

"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 04:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

shutting fallen down was a bummer and hard to do, but as I said in the Jenkem interview (http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/04/13/jamie-thomas-on-the-demise-of-fallen-footwear/) it has allowed me the time and headspace to focus more on Zero, which is actually working and growing again. I'm also focused more on getting out and actually riding my skateboard, which is really all that matters amongst all this chatter.

to address all the pointless jabs in this thread, Zero has never wavered it's direction; it has always been a bunch of misfits with nothing to lose, if anything to our detriment. those that felt that was no longer who they were left and those that continue to appreciate what we are, stay. the changes and evolution of the brand have been a result of the team that for better or worse always changes. Zero is not about the newest trend and we're not trying to be anything we're not. Zero is about the passion to put it all on the line and take it in the nuts for what we love. FTW Zero Or Die!!

Glad to hear it!

Changes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -220
  • #NeverForget
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 04:37:08 AM »
everybody on $lave and mystery 2.0

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

it's bad a team with that kind of legacy is going under but i'll be honest i've never bought anything zero and the only thing i actually cared about after reading this thread was finding that clive dixon clip where he eats shit haha

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 05:13:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where will Boserio go?
[close]

Quasi would be sick.
[close]

Yes it would.

would be, but probably 917 or alltimers. he's always in NYC with those dudes.
good come sausage

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 05:34:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

it's bad a team with that kind of legacy is going under but i'll be honest i've never bought anything zero and the only thing i actually cared about after reading this thread was finding that clive dixon clip where he eats shit haha

Sorry foley but you've been outed as either a fraud or a straight up shitty reader. Literally 3 posts above you is JT stating outright that Zero isn't going anywhere...

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 05:39:47 AM »
Jamie do you think you could chill on your instagram-filmer career for a few more years and put out another full length video already? Where's No Cash Value?!
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 05:54:58 AM »
Expand Quote
What have I done
[close]
you've misled youth

That'd be some real fully flared shit, slap boys

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 05:57:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Slap defense: one moron was saying the same thing over and again whilst we took turns bending him over our knee

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 06:01:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think it's awesome you come on here and keep the slap community informed. Wish more pros did this but I dont think most could handle the criticism. Best of luck with everything in the future.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 06:06:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Having Cole ditch the baggy yellow t-shirts when he got on contradicts this statement.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:10:53 AM by Random Matt »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 06:07:19 AM »
Glad Zero's not dead, Misled Youth was the first skatevideo I bought. I grew out of their style and brand as I got older, and was more a fan of the Soverign Sect and Crailtap, but Zero leaving would be fucked. Cold War was actually a sick video, and I actually like the team more without Cole. Dane fits Zero perfect, although nothing will ever be as sick as that Misled Youth team, that is iconic Zero for me.

jomeara1

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 06:09:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Glad to hear it!

I was about to say...isn't it Zero's 20th anniversary this year?  That would be such a bummer if it shut down.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 06:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Zero is not about the newest trend and we're not trying to be anything we're not.

Remember when it was "edgy" to make stuff that was against the Bush administration?

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 707
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 06:41:59 AM »
New blood was the 1st skate v�deo i saw (well i saw elementality first, but it was like 144p, so that doesnt count). I was a kid and i was into metal and skulls and all that shit, so zero was my favourite. I really loved their image and "edgyness". I never owned nothing of them because i never found it here in PT sadly.
I think Cole parting aways really hurt hard the company but they can overcome this with some new guys and a killer new v�deo. Some rail madness revival would be sick!
I would ride a boserio board right now, thats for sure. He's a madman!  

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 07:31:32 AM »
You bozos will believe anything.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 07:49:59 AM »
Is this the Marc Johnson on Zero thread?

Eric ricks

« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 07:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Glad to hear it!
[close]

I was about to say...isn't it Zero's 20th anniversary this year?  That would be such a bummer if it shut down.

20th anniversary??? Really? Fuck that seems weird.

Didnt Girl just celebrate 20 years???

shit_for_brains

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Glad to hear it!
[close]

[close]

20th anniversary??? Really? Fuck that seems weird.

Didnt Girl just celebrate 20 years???

25 and that was 2 years ago