Author Topic: Zero is done  (Read 35508 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Zero is done
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2016, 08:02:43 AM »

I think it's awesome you come on here and keep the slap community informed. Wish more pros did this but I dont think most could handle the criticism. Best of luck with everything in the future.
I don't know what you're talking about. Sinclair has it completely under control.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2016, 08:11:00 AM »
Idk how to quote other people but to the dude a few post up Girl is definitely not 27 years old, c'mon man that ain't even hard math.  girl came out in 1989??   right..

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2016, 08:19:26 AM »
bought the box set just in case this is true.

Farty McBoner

• Rep: 2
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Idk how to quote other people but to the dude a few post up Girl is definitely not 27 years old, c'mon man that ain't even hard math.  girl came out in 1989??   right..

1993 bud

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
Zero is ripe for nostalgia.....

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:39 AM »
There are a couple classic Zero graphics I wanted for my wall. Still haven't got around to it yet, though.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2016, 09:13:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Can ISUCK confirm?
[close]
slap needs to stop with these fucking lipstick rumors ...these fucking threads are out of control

no

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2016, 09:26:48 AM »
So "Zero is Done" is done..

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -270
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2016, 09:39:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where will Boserio go?
[close]

Quasi would be sick.
[close]

Yes it would.
[close]

would be, but probably 917 or alltimers. he's always in NYC with those dudes.
What an awful theoretical draft pick. Do you have any idea about anything? Boserio would more then likely get on Passport then anything else. If not Passport then literally nothing else.

ungzilla

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2016, 09:53:05 AM »
Quote from: alecjahr link=topic=90867.msg2488431#msg2488431 date=1462331579
Expand Quote
Have a homie that works for dummies with a z and they got the email today.
[close]

no truth to this whatsoever, Zero is alive and well!!

shutting fallen down was a bummer and hard to do, but as I said in the Jenkem interview (http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/04/13/jamie-thomas-on-the-demise-of-fallen-footwear/) it has allowed me the time and headspace to focus more on Zero, which is actually working and growing again. I'm also focused more on getting out and actually riding my skateboard, which is really all that matters amongst all this chatter.

to address all the pointless jabs in this thread, Zero has never wavered it's direction; it has always been a bunch of misfits with nothing to lose, if anything to our detriment. those that felt that was no longer who they were left and those that continue to appreciate what we are, stay. the changes and evolution of the brand have been a result of the team that for better or worse always changes. Zero is not about the newest trend and we're not trying to be anything we're not. Zero is about the passion to put it all on the line and take it in the nuts for what we love. FTW Zero Or Die!!

Hey, while you're here, wanna talk some shit about Koston's recent social media trolling? Just to spice things up around here and so on and so forth...

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30:42 AM »
Alright alecjahr. You have some fucking explaining to do. You fucking lying, rumor bullshit fuck face.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

shit_for_brains

« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »

Hey man I just google things and go with it

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2016, 10:50:15 AM »
Alright alecjahr. You have some fucking explaining to do. You fucking lying, rumor bullshit fuck face.

alecjahr of credibility forever.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2016, 11:03:51 AM »
Going to Dwindle was a mistake so there's no chance I support Zero anymore

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2016, 11:57:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where will Boserio go?
[close]

Quasi would be sick.
[close]

Yes it would.
[close]

[close]
What an awful theoretical draft pick. Do you have any idea about anything? Boserio would more then likely get on Passport then anything else. If not Passport then literally nothing else.

Dude he's had clips on 917 boards in the last year.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 12:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Where will Boserio go?
[close]

Quasi would be sick.
[close]

Yes it would.
[close]

[close]

it is me who forgot about passport...but is that purely because he's an aussie? i could see it i guess, they're like the butter goods equivalent of hardgoods. i still stand behind my theory.
good come sausage

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2016, 12:14:41 PM »
This part (which is still pretty recent) is classic ZERO through and through! Nick Boserio was a great pick and I hope he stays put.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRkFr_xO3HY
I need a coffee

zippy z

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2016, 12:22:42 PM »
I'm pretty critical of you and the shoe discussion, but am still interested in your part in the new Plus video.  :o

Quote from: alecjahr  link=topic=90867.msg2488431#msg2488431 date=1462331579
Expand Quote
[close]

shutting fallen down was a bummer and hard to do, but as I said in the Jenkem interview (http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/04/13/jamie-thomas-on-the-demise-of-fallen-footwear/) it has allowed me the time and headspace to focus more on Zero, which is actually working and growing again. I'm also focused more on getting out and actually riding my skateboard, which is really all that matters amongst all this chatter.

to address all the pointless jabs in this thread, Zero has never wavered it's direction; it has always been a bunch of misfits with nothing to lose, if anything to our detriment. those that felt that was no longer who they were left and those that continue to appreciate what we are, stay. the changes and evolution of the brand have been a result of the team that for better or worse always changes. Zero is not about the newest trend and we're not trying to be anything we're not. Zero is about the passion to put it all on the line and take it in the nuts for what we love. FTW Zero Or Die!!

Greg

• Rep: -43
  • CRUSTY PALMS
    • // 1017 GLO GANG // FREE MAX B // FREE GUCCI // STREET MONEY // BLACKLAND // HOTHEADS // FUCKOUTTAHERE // avatar image
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2016, 12:27:30 PM »
It was only a matter of time. Jamie Thomas sucks
| FUCK JAMIE THOMAS | IT'S CURTAINS |

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »
heard it from a friend whooo..
heeeard it from a friend whooooo..
heard it from another who worked at zumies who got an email you been messin' arounnnd.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2016, 02:41:26 PM »

It was all downhill after they started Mystery honestly. But you're right nothing can make a bunch of random cross and sword graphics worse other than putting them on sweatshop wood.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 04:08:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It was all downhill after they started Mystery honestly. But you're right nothing can make a bunch of random cross and sword graphics worse other than putting them on sweatshop wood.

I guess you don't get tired of being clowned on, we all look pretty favorably upon $lave which happened much after, swords are Darkstars bailiwick, and I don't recall many cross graphics after the initial year or so of his conversion which by its nature isn't random.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 04:17:34 PM »
It was only a matter of time. Jamie Thomas sucks

#2edgy4me

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 05:07:11 PM »
Good that this thread is bs, I'm sick of companies that were around when I was growing up going out of business.

Also, what the fuck are some of you on about zero's image changing? It's always been dirtbag gnarly ass skating to some degree.

I've only bought 1 zero board (the la jolla 18 smith board) but I bought lots of their shirts/hoodies over the years. They were one of the defining companies of the late 90s/early 2000s. Sorry if they're not cool these days.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:25:25 PM by NoComply180 »

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »
They can pull an ES and go under, then come back on a small scale and go to a good woodshop (like whoever does northern co gawd damn) then people would fuck with the boards and they might be able to be steady again, key word might

jshnrz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
nuff said..  :D

Quote from: alecjahr  link=topic=90867.msg2488431#msg2488431 date=1462331579
Expand Quote
[close]

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2016, 06:09:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess you don't get tired of being clowned on, we all look pretty favorably upon $lave which happened much after, swords are Darkstars bailiwick, and I don't recall many cross graphics after the initial year or so of his conversion which by its nature isn't random.

I guess I was oblivious to the idea if being "clowned on" on the internet by random kids who can't handle people having opinions that are different than theirs.

Like I said, Zero's been terrible for a lot longer than it was ever cool (to me) and I'm not a fan of Jamie Thomas. Whether you like it or not. It's just weird to me you'd care that much to try changing my mind when I could give two fucks about how you feel
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:38:41 PM by brwrxstl »

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2016, 06:26:38 PM »
I'm gonna miss Zero I guess

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2016, 08:46:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I guess I was oblivious to the idea if being "clowned on" on the internet by random kids who can't handle people having opinions that are different than theirs.

Like I said, Zero's been terrible for a lot longer than it was ever cool (to me) and I'm not a fan of Jamie Thomas. Whether you like it or not. It's just weird to me you'd care that much to try changing my mind when I could give two ducks about how you feel

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2016, 09:30:32 PM »
hahaha harsh and was told of the email could be a bull shit liar kid from the park but he seemed certain of him self.