Author Topic: How much does a shop typically pay for a Nike account?  (Read 2468 times)

L33Tg33k

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
How much does a shop typically pay for a Nike account?
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:39:48 PM »
I searched but I couldn't find anything close to a definitive number. Specifically I want to know about how much one can expect to pay for the smallest amount available and how much product they would receive.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
Re: How much does a shop typically pay for a Nike account?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:14:58 PM »
By my estimates it is in fact the equivalent of 1 mortal soul.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 11:23:16 PM »
Prolly some babies....

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 05:01:21 AM »
1 sizzle plate

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 01:10:23 PM »
Let's do the math here. Typically if a small shop opens a Nike account, they're going to start with two styles of shoes. For this example, we'll use GT Blazers and Ishod Dunks. Wholesale costs for Nike are half of what the shoe retails for, therefore the wholesale cost of a pair of GT Blazers is $40, and $47.50 for the Ishod Dunks.

A full size run is usually sizes 8-13, 12.5 not included. If the shop orders one pair of each size, that's 10 pairs of shoes per size run.

GT Blazers: 10 pairs x $40 per pair = $400
Ishod Dunks: 10 pairs x $47.50 per pair = $475.

I don't know if shops pay shipping costs for that stuff or if the company eats them. But there's your cost on the shoes.

Joeleo

• Rep: 0
    • Channel avatar image
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 02:21:31 AM »
Nah ive heard from a few shop owners that you cant just select a few styles and are forced to chose quite a bit of the range. Thats how they get you because obviously some styles arnt as popular and wont sell and therefore you end up loosing money and having to order new shoes on credit. not saying thats exactly how it works but its what ive been told from shops around my area. I know that is a bit of topic but i hope that somewhat helps :-\

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 04:10:38 PM »
Nah ive heard from a few shop owners that you cant just select a few styles and are forced to chose quite a bit of the range. Thats how they get you because obviously some styles arnt as popular and wont sell and therefore you end up loosing money and having to order new shoes on credit. not saying thats exactly how it works but its what ive been told from shops around my area. I know that is a bit of topic but i hope that somewhat helps :-\

basically. I think accounts that spend more have more models available, and when you get to a certain point they start forcing you to sell the "quickstrike" shoes. Which I think is what would end up screwing a shop over, some of those styles are just really bad and expensive and probably wont sell in a core shop thats not a sneakerhead location. Its up to Nike how many they send you as well, and if you end up having a deep inventory on a dud shoe, thats really gonna have an effect on a smaller shop.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Loyal Pawn

• Rep: 7
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »

This,and you have to buy a minimum amount every month to keep your contract.