Author Topic: Scriptwriting Dissertation / Final Draft  (Read 376 times)

poor alice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
Scriptwriting Dissertation / Final Draft
« on: May 16, 2016, 02:31:23 PM »
Okay so I'm in my final year of Uni and as such I have to hand in my Creative Writing dissertation this thursday. All was going fine until I encountered a slight roadblock at the weekend. I'm a little lost and could really use some help if anyone has had any experience with this.

- The script is written in Final Draft Writer (.FDX format) and can be saved as a PDF also.

- Our hand-in (digital) has to include contents page, Script, Commentary and bibliography. The contents page and commentary etc cannot be written in Final Draft as it just tries to format everything into a screenplay style.

- I need to work out a way of copying and the script into a larger document without it messing up the layout etc of it so I can add everything as one big document and include the commentary, title page etc around the script. Anytime I've tried this with word it completley ruins the format of the script.

Programmes I've been using / that I have available.

-Microsoft Word
-Final Draft (bootlegged on windows, paid for on iPad/iPhone as "Final Draft Writer"
-Pages
-Google Docs.

Any and all help would be much appreciated pals!!
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
Re: Scriptwriting Dissertation / Final Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:26:03 AM »
Can you just print or save the .fdx file into .pdf, then merge the rest of the documentation to that file? I have no idea of how that format works, but converting should always be an option.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
Re: Scriptwriting Dissertation / Final Draft
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
Got the soloution, and in a little part is due to your use of the word "merge".
I had to pay for a month of Abdobe Acrobat DC, but hey it's worth the £20 to make sure the formatting is all correct and I don't lose some marks for that bullshit. Anywho, thanks you! That was a stressful 24 hours.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.