Author Topic: Ventura, CA  (Read 503 times)

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 19
Ventura, CA
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:21:57 AM »

Heading out to Ventura, CA in late June to visit my gf for about 9 days. Not too much time to skate but I want to check out one or two parks and a red curb (we don't really have slappy curbs in boston).

What are the best parks in the area? Looking to skate some mellow-ish tranny. A snake run would be dope. Never rode one of those before. Moorpark looks pretty sick. 

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
Re: Ventura, CA
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
Moorpark is cool, kind of a weird layout but it's fast and has some good bigger walls. There were a ton of scooters when I went, but cops came and kicked em all out. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Ojai is a really fun pretty mellow park. the big bowl there is pretty mellow in comparison to other stuff that size. Solvang is chill if you don't mind a little drive from Ventura. Fillmore skatepark is kinda weird but I think it's fun, a ton of bikers/scooters there though. Oxnard park looks good but I haven't been there personally.
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

maxwellkeeper

• Rep: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 09:11:05 PM »
Moorpark is cool, kind of a weird layout but it's fast and has some good bigger walls. There were a ton of scooters when I went, but cops came and kicked em all out. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. Ojai is a really fun pretty mellow park. the big bowl there is pretty mellow in comparison to other stuff that size. Solvang is chill if you don't mind a little drive from Ventura. Fillmore skatepark is kinda weird but I think it's fun, a ton of bikers/scooters there though. Oxnard park looks good but I haven't been there personally.
I skate Fillmore park almost every day, there are virtually no scooters or bikes there anymore. Out of all the parks in ventura county I think fillmore has the most fun transition, but moorpark has the more "gnarly" transition.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 09:52:18 PM »
I skate Fillmore park almost every day, there are virtually no scooters or bikes there anymore. Out of all the parks in ventura county I think fillmore has the most fun transition, but moorpark has the more "gnarly" transition.

hell yea. It was over a year ago when I went, and I realize I can't generalize from being there once. All the little ledges and stuff around that park are rad!
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora