Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397542 times)

ducky darnsworth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2016, 04:36:29 PM »
 ;D ho ho holy shit ^

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »
fucking dyingggggggggggggggggggg. oh my god.
excellent delivery!
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

MonistatOne

« Reply #242 on: May 17, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
there's maaaadd people viewing this thread right now

shit_for_brains

« Reply #243 on: May 17, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »
ha

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: May 17, 2016, 04:39:38 PM »
Carroll is clearly on the right side of this one. People said something in this thread along the lines of "they lost 3 other riders, something must be going wrong!" Yeah, they couldn't compete with a company like Nike or Adidas in the first place, and as time goes on their position grows comparatively worse. Carroll pretty much said that in the interview. What makes it clear that at minimum MJ did something special to piss them off is that not a negative word was said about Guy or Koston leaving. In fact, didn't Girl even put an old photo of Koston on IG with the caption "thanks for the memories" or something?
There's a right and a wrong way to quit a company, and MJ clearly chose the wrong way.

Its lame, and Adidas is fucking shitty, and Marc did a shitty thing....but let's be real, next time he releases a part, I guarantee nobody says "I would have watched it, but fuck him for quitting Lakai."
Basically, I'm on Team Nerd in this debate and "hate" Marc Johnson....until he releases more footage which I will certainly want to watch.

Out of curiousity, anybody else planning on going to the adidas premiere in SF this weekend rocking Chocolate or Lakai gear? It would be so rad if the crowd was full of those logos. It would be a great way to send a subtle message as a community that shady shit like that isn't appreciated.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #245 on: May 17, 2016, 04:41:01 PM »
Carroll is clearly on the right side of this one. People said something in this thread along the lines of "they lost 3 other riders, something must be going wrong!" Yeah, they couldn't compete with a company like Nike or Adidas in the first place, and as time goes on their position grows comparatively worse. Carroll pretty much said that in the interview. What makes it clear that at minimum MJ did something special to piss them off is that not a negative word was said about Guy or Koston leaving. In fact, didn't Girl even put an old photo of Koston on IG with the caption "thanks for the memories" or something?
There's a right and a wrong way to quit a company, and MJ clearly chose the wrong way.

Its lame, and Adidas is fucking shitty, and Marc did a shitty thing....but let's be real, next time he releases a part, I guarantee nobody says "I would have watched it, but fuck him for quitting Lakai."
Basically, I'm on Team Nerd in this debate and "hate" Marc Johnson....until he releases more footage which I will certainly want to watch.

Out of curiousity, anybody else planning on going to the adidas premiere in SF this weekend rocking Chocolate or Lakai gear? It would be so rad if the crowd was full of those logos. It would be a great way to send a subtle message as a community that shady shit like that isn't appreciated.

is mj at every premiere?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2016, 04:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is mj at every premiere?

After this? I bet he isn't. I BET YOU AREN'T MARC.

asakusa75

« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »
Iceman, I have said it before, but really...you are the best at photoshop. Gnar'd.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2016, 04:43:06 PM »
Hahaha, holy shit Iceman!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
All of these changes are for the best.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2016, 04:44:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

is mj at every premiere?
message to adidas, not MJ.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2016, 04:45:09 PM »
welcome to flavour country

the july embargo of marcs departure must have been agreed in order for lakai to sell and
ship a certain amount of shoes to make marcs new model profitable

mike never really went full business in his interview saying how much money crailtap
was going to lose after just releasing a pro model for a skater that doesnt ride for their company

mike bounced from dc after seeing a bad shoe design with his name on it

but marc bounced from lakai after they made and produced the damn shoe

as if crailtap have that kinda money to lose in the first place

also in line with the story about karsten's manager trying to get him on girl
didnt marc try and get on quasi not too long ago, would that be some manger
trying to overhaul marcs look into something edgier and more cool

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2016, 04:46:50 PM »
I say fuck him and I am not watching it for the way he quit Lakai. At a certain point shit has to stop.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2016, 04:52:20 PM »
I love all of the Adidas shoes I've skated over the last 5 or 6 years.  I wonder if Adidas strong armed MJ into bouncing early to be a part of the video, or if MJ just gave zero F's? I'm definitely siding with #teamcarroll on this one but will continue to skate Adidas.  I really love Crailtap's shapes too, but after breaking 2 of them within a week around @2010, I won't be giving them my hard earned money unless they miraculously change it up to a decent woodshop.  

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2016, 04:55:26 PM »
I'll hold off on forming an opinion until Monica chimes in

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »

Slayed.

I can't wait to pirate Away Days.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2016, 04:58:41 PM »

he also bounced from Vans after they produced a shitload of shoes with his name on it as well.  because someone didn't say hi to him at a tradeshow if i remember correctly.

90% of you crying over this have spent the better part of the last 7 years talking shit on crailtap's quality incessantly on this message board.  what do you think is more damaging to the company, badmouthing their products en masse, or one of their team riders choosing to wear a different kind of shoes?

guess what.  your idols aren't what you think they are.  as i said earlier, this is one side of a story, i'm sure there is plenty more to this that we're not yet privy to, so maybe you all should put away your pitchforks for a minute.  

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2016, 04:59:46 PM »
The one pair of Adidas I bought ripped apart easily and almost immediately, then I used them to mow the lawn and then I tossed them. The only pair of Nike's are now the ones I use to mow the lawn at least they hold together.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2016, 05:00:18 PM »
you can't post as much as you have in this thread and claim everybody else is crying.

Deucifer

• Rep: 10
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2016, 05:00:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

he also bounced from Vans after they produced a shitload of shoes with his name on it as well. �because someone didn't say hi to him at a tradeshow if i remember correctly.

90% of you crying over this have spent the better part of the last 7 years talking shit on crailtap's quality incessantly on this message board. �what do you think is more damaging to the company, badmouthing their products en masse, or one of their team riders choosing to wear a different kind of shoes?

guess what. �your idols aren't what you think they are. �as i said earlier, this is one side of a story, i'm sure there is plenty more to this that we're not yet privy to, so maybe you all should put away your pitchforks for a minute. �

suck butts
I have two words for you: greg lutza's fedora

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »

Ahahah man so funny. I really hope Carroll sees this.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #261 on: May 17, 2016, 05:02:23 PM »

you can't post as much as you have in this thread and claim everybody else is crying.

lol, what was that, my second post?  wtf are you talking about?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #262 on: May 17, 2016, 05:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

he also bounced from Vans after they produced a shitload of shoes with his name on it as well.  because someone didn't say hi to him at a tradeshow if i remember correctly.

90% of you crying over this have spent the better part of the last 7 years talking shit on crailtap's quality incessantly on this message board.  what do you think is more damaging to the company, badmouthing their products en masse, or one of their team riders choosing to wear a different kind of shoes?

guess what.  your idols aren't what you think they are.  as i said earlier, this is one side of a story, i'm sure there is plenty more to this that we're not yet privy to, so maybe you all should put away your pitchforks for a minute.  

the mike carroll vans were so dope.

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #263 on: May 17, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
I would still buy the MJ Lakai shoe if I knew the cash would all go to MC etc and not MJ.
Pretty sure if they have a ton of his shoe in production they will continue without his name on the shoe. This has happened before elsewhere.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #264 on: May 17, 2016, 05:04:17 PM »
about 250+ people are lurking this page right now this is insane...

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #265 on: May 17, 2016, 05:05:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I would still buy the MJ Lakai shoe if I knew the cash would all go to MC etc and not MJ.
[close]
Pretty sure if they have a ton of his shoe in production they will continue without his name on the shoe. This has happened before elsewhere.

Maybe that can be NeckEar's next shoe when Enerica finally runs out of MJs

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2016, 05:07:49 PM »
That Pshop is epic. Nice one Iceman.

Jimbo Jones

• Rep: 3
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2016, 05:08:17 PM »
Completely siding with Carroll here. The way he spoke amicably regarding Koston suggests that MJ really acted in poor taste here.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #268 on: May 17, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »
Jesus, I went to work and this shit blew up!

Carroll is a g. A complete g. I was actually debating giving lakai another chance after seeing the mj's all throughout gx1000... I guess I still will if they come out
p-shuvs and v-flips

micky682

« Reply #269 on: May 17, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »
Its probably been said in this thread and multiple others but MJ is drinking again which would explain his bitter split from Crailtap. Those dudes took him to rehab and during Stay Flared he was only drinking not skating the demos.