Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397829 times)

Monkey_Mcpott

Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1110 on: May 24, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
Put it this way...Adidas flew Daewon Song out to South Korea to promote Away Days and Marc Johnson went and bought a fix gear with his chick near North Hollywood. That's fucking hilarious. Shit must have hit the fan after Mike Carroll's Jenkem interview. There is no doubt with his recent posts not a single one promoting Adidas. Well they did fly him out to the NYC premier, but they didn't immediately fly him overseas like they did for Daewon.

The NYC premier was before the Carroll shit storm. I do think its funny that its probably the most negative big move in some time, specially when 2 top veteran pros make the same move and there are 2 completely different reactions to them. Daewon has always reeked positive vibes and deserves the positive reaction while Mj always acted like you were too dumb to understand whats going on in his delusional 12 year old brain. Newsflash MJ, reading few Charles Bukowski books doesn't make you smarter than the skateboarding world.

too much

« Reply #1111 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Put it this way...Adidas flew Daewon Song out to South Korea to promote Away Days and Marc Johnson went and bought a fix gear with his chick near North Hollywood. That's fucking hilarious. Shit must have hit the fan after Mike Carroll's Jenkem interview. There is no doubt with his recent posts not a single one promoting Adidas. Well they did fly him out to the NYC premier, but they didn't immediately fly him overseas like they did for Daewon.
[close]

The NYC premier was before the Carroll shit storm. I do think its funny that its probably the most negative big move in some time, specially when 2 top veteran pros make the same move and there are 2 completely different reactions to them. Daewon has always reeked positive vibes and deserves the positive reaction while Mj always acted like you were too dumb to understand whats going on in his delusional 12 year old brain. Newsflash MJ, reading few Charles Bukowski books doesn't make you smarter than the skateboarding world.

Oh that's even more interesting maybe they canceled his ticket to SK and he's crying like a little bitch over it. He's got the ex-girlfriend break up on social media thing going on instead of being happy with his new life. He posted a picture of the owners of Girl for crying out loud.

MyUserName

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1112 on: May 24, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »

Forget Marc Johnson's deception and general shittiness, Adidas is probably wincing at this whole ordeal too. Adidas skateboarding was - up until the night of the premier - a brand that gained acceptance through slowly building its team, putting out enjoyable free content, and listening to its customers. Then in one moment it was gone; they were now a giant entity swooping up A-List skaters because they can.

They lost a fan in me as a result, that's for sure.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #1113 on: May 24, 2016, 05:38:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Forget Marc Johnson's deception and general shittiness, Adidas is probably wincing at this whole ordeal too. Adidas skateboarding was - up until the night of the premier - a brand that gained acceptance through slowly building its team, putting out enjoyable free content, and listening to its customers. Then in one moment it was gone; they were now a giant entity swooping up A-List skaters because they can.

Obviously this is just a thought I pulled out of my ass, but I would find it hard to believe that Adidas isn't doing everything in their power to have Marc take down these weird videos and he's just not responding to them. As big and corporate of a company as Adidas is, there's no way they're just sitting back and letting him dig himself a deeper hole.

Irvine-Sucks.com

too much

« Reply #1114 on: May 24, 2016, 05:41:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Obviously this is just a thought I pulled out of my ass, but I would find it hard to believe that Adidas isn't doing everything in their power to have Marc take down these weird videos and he's just not responding to them. As big and corporate of a company as Adidas is, there's no way they're just sitting back and letting him dig himself a deeper hole.

That is unless he's kicked off already

zippy z

« Reply #1115 on: May 24, 2016, 05:50:35 PM »
MJ has been public about having travel anxiety and can't fly anywhere.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #1116 on: May 24, 2016, 06:01:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm thinking MJ must have signed a solid contract with Adidas so he just does't care right now.
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #1117 on: May 24, 2016, 06:02:31 PM »

Maybe it's because Daewon is Asian (yes, I know he's not Korean) and believe it or not adi may only have so much money budgeted to promote this vid and sending MJ to Korea wasn't part of it?

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1118 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

MJ back on Emerica. Confirmed.

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #1119 on: May 24, 2016, 06:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe it's because Daewon is Asian (yes, I know he's not Korean) and believe it or not adi may only have so much money budgeted to promote this vid and sending MJ to Korea wasn't part of it?

He was born in Seoul...

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #1120 on: May 24, 2016, 06:23:52 PM »
I was gonna say...

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1121 on: May 24, 2016, 06:51:08 PM »
Who you backing in a fist fight between Carroll and MJ?

Eric ricks

« Reply #1122 on: May 24, 2016, 07:03:08 PM »

MJ

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #1123 on: May 24, 2016, 07:07:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

MJ

Fred Gall

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #1124 on: May 24, 2016, 07:16:57 PM »

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1125 on: May 24, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Yes! Now I'm going to read everything Marc Johnson says in the voice of Matthew Mcconaughey. Everything just got so much better!

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1126 on: May 24, 2016, 08:29:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah wasn't Bill. Bill is married to a black woman actually.
[close]
Yeah, don't know if he was dating her at the time, and the marriage is recent. Funniest stand up around right now though. Him and Doug Standhope are by far my favorite out of the guys doing netflix specials.

Love Bill & Standhope, pretty sure it was a Slap post that put me on to Bill Burr's pod cast, I owe someone a beer for it.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1127 on: May 24, 2016, 08:47:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Anyone know who their TM/Skaters high up in the brand? Feel someone like Scuba (TM for Nike) would of known that putting in that intro clip would of been a bad idea. Nike's casual intro of Guy in the Koston part, was a much better way, than that weird two minute clip of driving Daewon around and having the "Introducing Part." That and the whole Snoop coaching, and telling someone to skate faster like "Den Den" (Busenitz) seemed so forced like it was put in by a marketing department, not an editor or any person with a skate background. Crailtap Pretty Sweet and Yeah right are different cuz u know its Spike behind it. The whole video seems off even with amazing skating, thought I need to see it in better quality.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 08:48:44 PM by DannyDee »

beat!

• Rep: -16
  • i feel like im skating a 7.5 in dunks
    • streetbeerz avatar image
« Reply #1128 on: May 24, 2016, 08:49:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Anyone know who their TM/Skaters high up in the brand? Feel someone like Scuba (TM for Nike) would of known that putting in that intro clip would of been a bad idea. Nike's casual intro of Guy in the Koston part, was a much better way, than that weird two minute clip of driving Daewon around and having the "Introducing Part." That and the whole Snoop coaching, and telling someone to skate faster like "Den Den" (Busenitz) seemed so forced like it was put in by a marketing department, not an editor or any person with a skate background. Crailtap Pretty Sweet and Yeah right are different cuz u know its Spike behind it. The whole video seems off even with amazing skating, thought I need to see it in better quality.

i know paul shier's a TM

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1129 on: May 24, 2016, 09:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you got it man. this whole affair is basically just cracks in the façade.  up to now, their marketing team was doing well putting on a for skaters vibe... now they've kinda blown it and mj's sweet nuthins on Instagram aren't helping.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
« Reply #1130 on: May 24, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »

HungUp

• Rep: 40
« Reply #1131 on: May 24, 2016, 09:25:29 PM »

I know there's a way to work MJ into this I'm just too lazy to do it

True Detective: The truth about Rust.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #1132 on: May 24, 2016, 09:42:32 PM »
The lost Carroll part?

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #1133 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He was born in Seoul...

I thought he was Filipino. My bad.

too much

« Reply #1134 on: May 24, 2016, 10:34:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm thinking MJ must have signed a solid contract with Adidas so he just does't care right now.

I would think so too, but MJ is a pompous asshole...I would think he'd be flaunting adidas out the ass but he's not...he fell off yo, he's fucking up.

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #1135 on: May 24, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #1136 on: May 24, 2016, 11:21:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

He was born in Seoul...
[close]

I thought he was Filipino. My bad.

The name alone screams, "I'm not Filipino."

ChickenTeriyaki

« Reply #1137 on: May 24, 2016, 11:38:27 PM »
they should armwrestle at asr

thefan

• Rep: -12
« Reply #1138 on: May 24, 2016, 11:43:55 PM »
Nike and Adidas are here to help skateboarding realize it's time to submit to a new order, and guys like Marc Johnson, Brink, and Sinclair have all finally dropped their egos and realized this is the age of selling out. Because of this they will all benefit from the fruits that this beast has to offer, and in time Guys like Carrol will wish they saw things differently, especially when their starving and start killing each other over the last drop of breast milk from the only pregnant chick in the FEMA prisoner camps that await us.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #1139 on: May 25, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
Nike and Adidas are here to help skateboarding realize it's time to submit to a new order, and guys like Marc Johnson, Brink, and Sinclair have all finally dropped their egos and realized this is the age of selling out. Because of this they will all benefit from the fruits that this beast has to offer, and in time Guys like Carrol will wish they saw things differently, especially when their starving and start killing each other over the last drop of breast milk from the only pregnant chick in the FEMA prisoner camps that await us.

This post went 0-60 real quick