Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397482 times)

asakusa75

Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1140 on: May 25, 2016, 12:22:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Nike and Adidas are here to help skateboarding realize it's time to submit to a new order, and guys like Marc Johnson, Brink, and Sinclair have all finally dropped their egos and realized this is the age of selling out. Because of this they will all benefit from the fruits that this beast has to offer, and in time Guys like Carrol will wish they saw things differently, especially when their starving and start killing each other over the last drop of breast milk from the only pregnant chick in the FEMA prisoner camps that await us.
[close]

This post went 0-60 real quick

I was thinking the same thing...I wonder if MJ has made about six newbie accounts on here and is drunk somewhere, stirring the pot...

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1141 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nike and Adidas are here to help skateboarding realize it's time to submit to a new order, and guys like Marc Johnson, Brink, and Sinclair have all finally dropped their egos and realized this is the age of selling out. Because of this they will all benefit from the fruits that this beast has to offer, and in time Guys like Carrol will wish they saw things differently, especially when their starving and start killing each other over the last drop of breast milk from the only pregnant chick in the FEMA prisoner camps that await us.
[close]

This post went 0-60 real quick
[close]

I was thinking the same thing...I wonder if MJ has made about six newbie accounts on here and is drunk somewhere, stirring the pot...
So wait? Working a relatively minor Nike or Adidas job will save people from a FEMA death camp. I doubt its MJ but I wish it was. It sounds like some deluded thing he would read then talk about.

sms_b

« Reply #1142 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:04 AM »
Marc Johnson, Rob Brink, and Mike Sinclair. Please keep repeating to yourselves the aforementioned until you get the joke.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #1145 on: May 25, 2016, 01:51:55 PM »
Off Slap a few days.
Thread almost doubles in size.

Still nothing of substance to come of this situation.

Let me add to the circular discussion:

Hurry up with the rebuttal MJ, your corny ass Instagram's aren't cutting it...

Eric ricks

« Reply #1146 on: May 25, 2016, 01:52:21 PM »

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1147 on: May 25, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BF19cdzkaPv/

😂😂😂

using a r Kelly song was probably the worst decision. Damn i wished he had thought that through.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #1148 on: May 25, 2016, 02:03:42 PM »
Expand Quote

using a r Kelly song was probably the worst decision. Damn i wished he had thought that through.

He thinks he's on some tortured genius shit, "like i really relate to what he's saying man."
you never know about pre-cum 

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #1149 on: May 25, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »
adidas just told marc to post some skating because he's getting too carried away i bet.

so he posted some old footage from biebels park with no caption.

unerds

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1150 on: May 25, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »
adidas just told marc to post some skating because he's getting too carried away i bet.

complete with giant lakai logo.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1151 on: May 25, 2016, 03:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"Marc, not only were you wearing Lakais in that, but there was a giant lakai logo dashing across the background multiple times. Didn't you build like a bunch of shit at your house that you could have just filmed something really quick? God damnit, Marc. Use your bald head." Herbert Hainer, Global Chief Executive Officer

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1152 on: May 25, 2016, 03:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

whats weird about that is when they first got that warehouse space, there was giant logos for all their sponsors (Girl/Choc/Lakai/Spitfire, etc.) and in any of the newer stuff, you can see all the logos are gone, except maybe the Spitfire one.  If you look behind that faux brick bank thing, you can see where the chocolate "chunk" logo was.  But that was gone a while back.  
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1153 on: May 25, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
Marc is kooking it so hard, just stop already. Am i the only one that noticed that he is skating in dickies in that last clip?

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1154 on: May 25, 2016, 03:31:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

whats weird about that is when they first got that warehouse space, there was giant logos for all their sponsors (Girl/Choc/Lakai/Spitfire, etc.) and in any of the newer stuff, you can see all the logos are gone, except maybe the Spitfire one. �If you look behind that faux brick bank thing, you can see where the chocolate "chunk" logo was. �But that was gone a while back. �

Owner disagreements? I mean, AVE owns space too. You can assume that the sponsors have contributed some funds to the park in exchange for those giant logos. Maybe they just couldn't figure out how to make everyone's sponsors happy. I'd say behind the ledge is prime logo real estate as you'll get the most visibility. Maybe they just got rid of them to not conflict. It's not like AVE films anything there anyways though.

Funny enough, I've heard there's some owner beef. Like, AVE and those guys will leave if Biebel shows up I guess. FA dudes skate there super late at night. While Biebs crew usually takes the day shift.  Kinda stupid, you'd think they would all be cool with each other since they all pay rent.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #1155 on: May 25, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
Marc is kooking it so hard, just stop already. Am i the only one that noticed that he is skating in dickies in that last clip?

Doesn't everyone skate in dickies?
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1156 on: May 25, 2016, 03:54:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Doesn't everyone skate in dickies?

I dont believe they should if they are getting paid by a clothing sponsor to wear their shit (Matix). I remember when Biebel got kicked of Matix for wearing a Diamond t-shirt. Then again this is Marc fucking Johnson, the guys that was skating in Nikes in an Emerica demo.

It be in typical Marc humor for him to skate Lakai's while now finally being sponsored by Adidas.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:56:18 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1157 on: May 25, 2016, 04:16:36 PM »
  Some cringe-y observations made and wild conclusions being drawn..
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1158 on: May 25, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

whats weird about that is when they first got that warehouse space, there was giant logos for all their sponsors (Girl/Choc/Lakai/Spitfire, etc.) and in any of the newer stuff, you can see all the logos are gone, except maybe the Spitfire one. �If you look behind that faux brick bank thing, you can see where the chocolate "chunk" logo was. �But that was gone a while back. �
[close]

Owner disagreements? I mean, AVE owns space too. You can assume that the sponsors have contributed some funds to the park in exchange for those giant logos. Maybe they just couldn't figure out how to make everyone's sponsors happy. I'd say behind the ledge is prime logo real estate as you'll get the most visibility. Maybe they just got rid of them to not conflict. It's not like AVE films anything there anyways though.

Funny enough, I've heard there's some owner beef. Like, AVE and those guys will leave if Biebel shows up I guess. FA dudes skate there super late at night. While Biebs crew usually takes the day shift.  Kinda stupid, you'd think they would all be cool with each other since they all pay rent.

Has anyone heard anything about this? Everything I have read is that Biebel is pretty well liked by all, not that I would know.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 111
« Reply #1159 on: May 25, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Has anyone heard anything about this? Everything I have read is that Biebel is pretty well liked by all, not that I would know.

Sounds like made up bullshit to me. All I know is they had the Analog logo in there and changed it to say Anal after they went under. Maybe they got tired of fucking putting up shit and then taking it down right after because everyone there is changing sponsors every other day.

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #1160 on: May 25, 2016, 06:34:04 PM »
Holy shitty titties I go out of town for a little over a week and come back to a massive 40 page thread and a crazy Carroll interview.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3287
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1161 on: May 25, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »
Holy shitty titties I go out of town for a little over a week and come back to a massive 40 page thread and a crazy Carroll interview.

Let this be a lesson to you, good sir.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1162 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »
I really am not enjoying seeing MJ this way and the whole thing is a bummer.  but I will say that after reading the adidas had been trying to get MJ for years, watching it immediately blow up into a PR nightmare once they finally signed him is pretty delightful.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1163 on: May 26, 2016, 04:53:47 AM »
speculation on who he'll have the interview come out with? i'd love to say jenkem but i bet adidas HQ will get him more money from a bigger outlet like thrasher or transworld or something. although i feel like phelps would back carroll over MJ, so maybe just TWS.
good come sausage

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1164 on: May 26, 2016, 06:10:16 AM »
  Some cringe-y observations made and wild conclusions being drawn..

this could be SLAPs epitaph.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1165 on: May 26, 2016, 06:25:47 AM »
=although i feel like phelps would back carroll over MJ, =

Absolutely
wash uffize drive me to firenze

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1166 on: May 26, 2016, 07:51:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

"Marc, not only were you wearing Lakais in that, but there was a giant lakai logo dashing across the background multiple times. Didn't you build like a bunch of shit at your house that you could have just filmed something really quick? God damnit, Marc. Use your bald head." Herbert Hainer, Global Chief Executive Officer

Its funny cause its true  :D

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #1167 on: May 26, 2016, 08:08:29 AM »
speculation on who he'll have the interview come out with? i'd love to say jenkem but i bet adidas HQ will get him more money from a bigger outlet like thrasher or transworld or something. although i feel like phelps would back carroll over MJ, so maybe just TWS.

It would probably make the most sense with Jenkem--they seem to have a connection with Marc, it's where he did the initial interview that somewhat spurred one part of the issue, they published MC's interview so it makes sense to have the response in the same venue, and Jenkem spoke to Marc when he was in NYC for the premiere there and gave him a heads up on the Carroll interview.  It just doesn't see my o make sense that he would address it elsewhere and then probably have to talk around the source.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1168 on: May 26, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It would probably make the most sense with Jenkem--they seem to have a connection with Marc, it's where he did the initial interview that somewhat spurred one part of the issue, they published MC's interview so it makes sense to have the response in the same venue, and Jenkem spoke to Marc when he was in NYC for the premiere there and gave him a heads up on the Carroll interview.  It just doesn't see my o make sense that he would address it elsewhere and then probably have to talk around the source.
Adidas probably doesn't even want an interview addressing it, so they probably don't care about the platform. My guess if it is addressed it is done with Jenkem. This has made Adidas look really bad, most people ignored the shady aspects of them for years to bash Nike, and now the week and half since their première they are catching more heat than ever.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #1169 on: May 26, 2016, 10:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Adidas probably doesn't even want an interview addressing it, so they probably don't care about the platform. My guess if it is addressed it is done with Jenkem. This has made Adidas look really bad, most people ignored the shady aspects of them for years to bash Nike, and now the week and half since their premi�re they are catching more heat than ever.

It didn't though, it just made MJ look bad. All Adidas did was sign a new rider, which they did. MJ was the one who dealt with it poorly.