Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397770 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1170 on: May 26, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »
has anyone bought a pair of adidas since all this news came out?
good come sausage

Still Tippin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1171 on: May 26, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »
not until the puigs come out

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1172 on: May 26, 2016, 11:07:54 AM »

Fuck no. Anyone who wears 11.5 and is shopping for the classics (OG Lucas White, Black, and black/white, OG Boozentits Red, OG Silas Aluminum, All the Nestor Adiease, and German Boozentits ADV. Some are like new, some are skated) Hit me up. I'm selling my whole archive. I would prefer a bulk sale before I go to ebay individually.  

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1173 on: May 26, 2016, 11:10:49 AM »
I bought the white leather Busenitz because I refuse to let the politics of the skateboard industry to interfere with me being fly as fuck at all times.

Edit. I bought them last Wednesday

trillytrill

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1174 on: May 26, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »
It didn't though, it just made MJ look bad. All Adidas did was sign a new rider, which they did. MJ was the one who dealt with it poorly.

i wonder how that went at adidas. they had to know he was under contract already? did marc tell them he got out of it which he hadn't? did they tell him it didn't matter and their lawyers would handle the complications?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1166
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1175 on: May 26, 2016, 11:20:10 AM »

yep. busenitz mid.  they are simply marvelous. 

hardly art, hardly starving

VeganSeman

• Rep: -7
« Reply #1176 on: May 26, 2016, 11:30:22 AM »

Never been a fan of their shoes and never will. Poorly made in my opinion. I mean if you compare them to Nike I don't think they're even in the same ball park. My friends flow for them and his are always getting blown out in the worst way. This whole MJ vs MC debate is just another reason why I will never had them over my money.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1177 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:49 AM »
  I'd recommend Vans over Nike or adidas.  Can't see why real skaters ever bought Nikes (or adidas for that matter) can't fathom it.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1178 on: May 26, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
Because vans are poorly made shit bags and adidas and Nike can be found on sale easily

coneklr

« Reply #1179 on: May 26, 2016, 12:05:59 PM »

Expand Quote
[close]

Haven't tried those yet but definitely want to eventually.  Also thinking of half sizing down and giving the silas another go

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1180 on: May 26, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »

I recently bought the Adidas x Altimers track jacket right before the Daewon and MJ news. Haven't bought a pair of shoes ....yet. I'm considering it but skate wise I'm still stuck on the Emerica Figgys and thinking of either getting the Hsu's or Reynolds cupsoles next.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #1181 on: May 26, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »
Because vans are poorly made shit bags and adidas and Nike can be found on sale easily
vans gas heritage but are owned by a big mega corp too. sole tech is one of the only independent larger skate footwear companies.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1182 on: May 26, 2016, 12:23:56 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Haven't tried those yet but definitely want to eventually.  Also thinking of half sizing down and giving the silas another go

went half size down for the buz mids.  fit perfect. move fast because they already got the axe.  no more. 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1183 on: May 26, 2016, 12:30:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Never been a fan of their shoes and never will. Poorly made in my opinion. I mean if you compare them to Nike I don't think they're even in the same ball park. My friends flow for them and his are always getting blown out in the worst way. This whole MJ vs MC debate is just another reason why I will never had them over my money.

for what its worth, luca's first pro shoe on adidas was hands down the best shoe ive ever skated and i wish they never stopped making it. durable as hell and feather light.

coneklr

« Reply #1184 on: May 26, 2016, 12:35:45 PM »
Never been a fan of their shoes and never will. Poorly made in my opinion. I mean if you compare them to Nike I don't think they're even in the same ball park.

As someone who's skated multiple pairs of different models of each, I can tell you you're definitely wrong on that.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

yep. busenitz mid.�  they are simply marvelous.� 

[close]

Haven't tried those yet but definitely want to eventually.�  Also thinking of half sizing down and giving the silas another go
[close]

went half size down for the buz mids.  fit perfect. move fast because they already got the axe.  no more. 

Fuck ... already!!!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 362
« Reply #1185 on: May 26, 2016, 01:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

for what its worth, luca's first pro shoe on adidas was hands down the best shoe ive ever skated and i wish they never stopped making it. durable as hell and feather light.

Yeah, I had 3 pairs of them.  Great fucking shoe.  Looking forward to seeing what he puts out next.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #1186 on: May 26, 2016, 01:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck no. Anyone who wears 11.5 and is shopping for the classics (OG Lucas White, Black, and black/white, OG Boozentits Red, OG Silas Aluminum, All the Nestor Adiease, and German Boozentits ADV. Some are like new, some are skated) Hit me up. I'm selling my whole archive. I would prefer a bulk sale before I go to ebay individually.  

Lol.  You all are really ridiculous. 

Did all of you boycot vans when their star rider broke his back and instead of covering his costs they had him begging online for donations to help with transport back to the US?  I found that much more egregious than any corpo shoe co moves, but maybe I'm just out of touch.
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1187 on: May 26, 2016, 01:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Did all of you boycot vans when their star rider broke his back and instead of covering his costs they had him begging online for donations to help with transport back to the US?  I found that much more egregious than any corpo shoe co moves, but maybe I'm just out of touch.

Fuck Vans too.

JAesop

« Reply #1188 on: May 26, 2016, 02:27:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck Vans too.

Why don't you get in touch with Cards and see if he agrees? Don't talk shit about what you don't know.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #1189 on: May 26, 2016, 02:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck Vans too.
[close]

Why don't you get in touch with Cards and see if he agrees? Don't talk shit about what you don't know.

I agree with you about Cards, but on the other hand, talking shit about what you don't know is kinda the premise of this whole message board, for better or worse. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

JAesop

« Reply #1190 on: May 26, 2016, 02:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck Vans too.
[close]

[close]

I agree with you about Cards, but on the other hand, talking shit about what you don't know is kinda the premise of this whole message board, for better or worse. 

Yeah, I should really know better. 41 pages deep too.

McCly

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1191 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fuck Vans too.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I should really know better. 41 pages deep too.

Fuck Vans for discontinuing the gel insoles. Fuck adidas for constantly discontinuing the best shoes and running a shitty premiere where I got treated like an asshole by their idiotic event staff. Then this fiasco happened.

And I will talk shit about whatever fucking company I want to. I wear Nike and New Balance because they work for me. Every Lakai I've owned so far has been defective, despite me trying to sincerely support them for years. The new models look sick though.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1192 on: May 26, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
Fuck Adidas for making Gipper all upset

Eric ricks

« Reply #1193 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:42 PM »

Id be fuckin pissed too if I skated all the way to the premier only to realize my vehicle was parked outside the event.

art hellman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1194 on: May 26, 2016, 03:30:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Id be fuckin pissed too if I skated all the way to the premier only to realize my vehicle was parked outside the event.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1195 on: May 26, 2016, 03:42:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

yep. busenitz mid.�  they are simply marvelous.� 

[close]

Haven't tried those yet but definitely want to eventually.�  Also thinking of half sizing down and giving the silas another go
[close]

That's laughable. Adidas needs to atleast give the shoes that they take a little risk on the design more than season or two to gain some traction. Too many great shoes vanish. We all better hop on the new lucas before its dropped by next summer.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1196 on: May 26, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »
I loved the OG Lucas but didn't anyone else find once the stitching around the toe cap wore it blew out easily, apart from that I loved them, fit and weight wise.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1197 on: May 26, 2016, 03:59:18 PM »
Did anyone notice that we're talking about Busenitz's and Puig's shoes AND THOSE TWO LEFT DVS AND LAKAI FOR ADIDAS!!!

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1198 on: May 26, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »
Did anyone notice that we're talking about Busenitz's and Puig's shoes AND THOSE TWO LEFT DVS AND LAKAI FOR ADIDAS!!!

Yeah but they sold out before it wasn't cool to sell out.  8)

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1199 on: May 26, 2016, 04:33:53 PM »

I personally can't wait for the MJ 3 stripe model.