Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397486 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1200 on: May 26, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »
You sneakerhead fanboys are the lamest people ever. You guys the type to match sneakers with a suit at a wedding and think its acceptable because they are expensive? Adult men drooling over sneakers is pathetic. "I can't wait for the new adidas MJ's!" YOU HAVEN'T EVEN FUCKING SEEN THEM YOU DORKS
Expand Quote
Fuck Adidas for making Gipper all upset
[close]

Id be fuckin pissed too if I skated all the way to the premier only to realize my vehicle was parked outside the event.
I'll be real, both of these comments made me laugh.

Remember when Vans dropped cards after being injured and not skating at a pro level for a decade? Me neither.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BarcelonaCEO

• Rep: -24
« Reply #1201 on: May 26, 2016, 04:47:11 PM »
Honestly, I dont know who Mike Carroll thinks he is.

Yeah, MJ lied. He's read more books than Carroll. I'm sure he didnt felt like behaving normally and saying politely to Carroll something like: I'm leaving your company, I have an offer I cant refuse. You can imagine two ways Carrolll woulda reacted: faking coolness while he finishes his beer, or acting strangely and hurt MJ in a psychotic way.

An employee backing out in a disrespectful way, and all Carroll does is talk shit about him in the press, mumble about how he will sue him, act like a raging CEO, and overall jeopardize, sink and destroy his companies, declaring bankrupcy and depict them as a failure.

I have to speak the truth now. Crailtap boards break so fucking easily. Lakais look like cheap as fuck shoes, like shopping mall shoes. Hell, nobody recognizes the brand, I'd rather wear janoskis and look like a jock. Girl t-shirts are obviously bought by pretentious rich kids.

I dont know if I'm finished yet, but I dont want to talk about this shit anymore. I feel like I'm hating, even though I'm obviously am.

Who would tell me it's so easy to influence skateboarding in a meaningful way. You just have to appear to not have an education and be above everything.

I hope Mike Carroll dies.

I hope MJ gets over himself.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1202 on: May 26, 2016, 04:51:03 PM »
Honestly, I dont know who Mike Carroll thinks he is.

Yeah, MJ lied. He's read more books than Carroll. I'm sure he didnt felt like behaving normally and saying politely to Carroll something like: I'm leaving your company, I have an offer I cant refuse. You can imagine two ways Carrolll woulda reacted: faking coolness while he finishes his beer, or acting strangely and hurt MJ in a psychotic way.

An employee backing out in a disrespectful way, and all Carroll does is talk shit about him in the press, mumble about how he will sue him, act like a raging CEO, and overall jeopardize, sink and destroy his companies, declaring bankrupcy and depict them as a failure.

I have to speak the truth now. Crailtap boards break so fucking easily. Lakais look like cheap as fuck shoes, like shopping mall shoes. Hell, nobody recognizes the brand, I'd rather wear janoskis and look like a jock. Girl t-shirts are obviously bought by pretentious rich kids.

I dont know if I'm finished yet, but I dont want to talk about this shit anymore. I feel like I'm hating, even though I'm obviously am.

Who would tell me it's so easy to influence skateboarding in a meaningful way. You just have to appear to not have an education and be above everything.

I hope Mike Carroll dies.

I hope MJ gets over himself.

MJ smart confirmed.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1203 on: May 26, 2016, 04:57:21 PM »
Who Mike Carroll thinks he is?
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
Or maybe that's just who everybody else thinks he is

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1204 on: May 26, 2016, 04:58:05 PM »
Oh didn't know that about vans (thanks). I guess I'll find out what "sole tech" is and buy them. I like the dressier looking skate shoes.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

McCly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -12
« Reply #1205 on: May 26, 2016, 04:59:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Did anyone notice that we're talking about Busenitz's and Puig's shoes AND THOSE TWO LEFT DVS AND LAKAI FOR ADIDAS!!!
[close]

I personally can't wait for the MJ 3 stripe model.

Weren't the MJ2 or 3 cease and desisted by Adidas for being a Superstar clone?

Eric ricks

« Reply #1206 on: May 26, 2016, 05:38:47 PM »
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style

Still an asshole however.

And it can be argued MJ is just as influencial in skateboarding as MC

MJ is without a doubt the better skateboarder, and has a timeless style as well.

Either way this doesnt really affect any of us in the grand scale of things ao why do we give a collective ahit is beyond me???

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1207 on: May 26, 2016, 05:44:51 PM »
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

MJ is without a doubt the better skateboarder, and has a timeless style as well.

Either way this doesnt really affect any of us in the grand scale of things ao why do we give a collective ahit is beyond me???
its just pointless drama, in my first post in the thread I even said that after this is all over, everybody is still going to be excited for new footage from both of them.
And MJ as influential as Mike Carroll? NEVER.
I like both of their skating, and assume both are probably assholes, but Mike Carroll is God.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1208 on: May 26, 2016, 05:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1209 on: May 26, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »
Lakais look like cheap as fuck shoes, like shopping mall shoes. Hell, nobody recognizes the brand, I'd rather wear janoskis and look like a jock.

I found this very ironic. I distinctly remember wanting skate shoes when I was in my early teens. The ones where nobody recognized the brand, so I would not look like the shopping mall kids.

Eric ricks

« Reply #1210 on: May 26, 2016, 06:00:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
its just pointless drama, in my first post in the thread I even said that after this is all over, everybody is still going to be excited for new footage from both of them.
I like both of their skating, and assume both are probably assholes, but Mike Carroll is God.

MJ and MC are bothe very influencial. Either way whatever.

Im more stoked on MJ footage than MC, but I understand its vice versa for many.

Just out of curiousity. At both skaters peak, what MC trick do you think MJ could not do?

Not that that means much but I know a shitload of MJ tricks MC could never do.

Anyhow, I wish I could frontside flip that bench in golfish exactly how MC did it, fuckin beautiful

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1211 on: May 26, 2016, 06:04:40 PM »
Marc Johnson stood on Mike Carroll's shoulders. If what he and the rest of EMB were doing didn't happen, there would be no Marc Johnson, and that's not an insult to Marc at all. You can basically substitute every tech skater since then's name with Marc's in that sentence and it would still be true.

Expand Quote
Lakais look like cheap as fuck shoes, like shopping mall shoes. Hell, nobody recognizes the brand, I'd rather wear janoskis and look like a jock.
[close]

I found this very ironic. I distinctly remember wanting skate shoes when I was in my early teens. The ones where nobody recognized the brand, so I would not look like the shopping mall kids.

Kids used to make funny of my "shitty k-mart shoes" in high school....they were DC's. Ironically, these days I'm sure the type of kids who made fun of me rock DC gear.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #1212 on: May 26, 2016, 06:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
[close]

Just out of curiousity. At both skaters peak, what MC trick do you think MJ could not do?

Anyhow, I wish I could frontside flip that bench in golfish exactly how MC did it, fuckin beautiful

regular logic but... I'm pretty sure Carroll has done handrail stuff Marc couldn't do. Also, I would defy Marc to do a japan air unironically
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1213 on: May 26, 2016, 06:25:59 PM »
has anyone bought a pair of adidas since all this news came out?

Yep. The white/green Away Days AdiEase just out of support of Dae. No bullshitting. And the Suciu ADV.

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #1214 on: May 26, 2016, 06:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
[close]

I doubt it, all you have seen is what Mike wishes to put out there, I have seen him back in the day at a Emb and Pier 7 doing loads of tricks he never put out. They are both incredible and Carroll can do whatever he wants on a board, watch him skate a mini ramp

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #1215 on: May 26, 2016, 06:32:01 PM »
Who needs Marc when you got the Birdman?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0nHSMM_69w

*I think they are lakai's

Eric ricks

« Reply #1216 on: May 26, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I doubt it, all you have seen is what Mike wishes to put out there, I have seen him back in the day at a Emb and Pier 7 doing loads of tricks he never put out. They are both incredible and Carroll can do whatever he wants on a board, watch him skate a mini ramp

Same can be said footage wise for MJ.

Id love to see MC mini ramp footage though, for sure.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1217 on: May 26, 2016, 06:43:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

3:45  :-*

Cheese And Crackers Friends Part [HQ]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 06:45:33 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

Eric ricks

« Reply #1218 on: May 26, 2016, 06:56:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

3:45  :-*

Cheese And Crackers Friends Part [HQ]

I remember that footy, that salad is very nice!

zippy z

« Reply #1219 on: May 26, 2016, 07:17:58 PM »
Well yeah MC is more influential than MJ. MC was involved in the heaviest generation of skaters who moved the industry forward on the DIY/SaD ethos and opened the flood gates of wildly creative approaches to all terrain. They burned the rule book. Sadly they would eventually write one and become the stagnant industry they reinvented. By hey, skateboarding is bigger than any one person or company and is in its way a Phoenix.

MJ came up in an awkward time when skating was SD/TWS based and all content was controlled by a bunch of turds reminiscent of the '80s.

I love both dudes for what they have contributed, and I will ride or die for MJ, but if anyone tries to say MC takes a back seat they are going to get a punch in the nose.

We will never really know the whole story about why/how this shit went down. And who really cares? I assume there was a ton of equally terrible shit that happened while MC and company were establishing girl and crailtap that we never heard of. No one is innocent so stop grooming whatever golden calf you think you're backing.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:22:28 PM by redux »

Eric ricks

« Reply #1220 on: May 26, 2016, 07:20:49 PM »
Yeah but MC doesnt got shit on gino right?😂😂😂

Anyhow, love em both. Both influence me, just at different times

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

SonictheHedgehog

• Rep: -14
« Reply #1222 on: May 26, 2016, 07:30:58 PM »
I knew this thread would eventually turn to who is a "better" skater,which is regular. That said- Marc Johnson is an all-time great. All-time. But Mike Carroll is an undeniable legend, a pillar of skateboarding and honestly right behind the Gonz and Natas in terms of influencing modern street. It's not even close. He's top 5 ever, while MJ is probably somewhere near 15.
wash uffize drive me to firenze

Eric ricks

« Reply #1223 on: May 26, 2016, 07:40:31 PM »
Matt hensley, jason lee, mike vallely, ray barbee, frankie hill, tommy guerrero, rodney mullen, eric koston, salmon agah, henry sanchez just to name a few.

Neither MC or MJ are in the top 5 imo

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1224 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:50 PM »
Expand Quote
has anyone bought a pair of adidas since all this news came out?
[close]
not until the Na-Kel's come out

drewdown

• Rep: -30
« Reply #1225 on: May 26, 2016, 08:13:04 PM »
Yeah but MC doesnt got shit on gino right?😂😂😂

Anyhow, love em both. Both influence me, just at different times

You're an idiot. 

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1226 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:56 PM »
Only guys from Carroll's era or peers who are as influential as him are Koston, Daewon and Guy, could probably put Henry Sanchez in the mix but his career ended way before those dudes, but Pack Of Lies changed shit. MJ is sick, but I wouldn't put him close to Carroll on influence. While I think the list was sort of stupid, when Transworld did there 30 and listed the top 30 most influential, it had some really dumb shit (Like Stevie Williams on it, over guys like MJ, Rick Howard, etc), it is telling.

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1227 on: May 26, 2016, 08:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style
[close]

Ha. This is so dumb. Marc Johnson is a good skateboarder. Mike Carroll is an icon who influenced most of his peers.

too much

« Reply #1228 on: May 26, 2016, 08:51:12 PM »
Haha don't let one poster tell you Marc Johnson is more legendary than Mike Carroll. Cmon players

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #1229 on: May 26, 2016, 09:05:41 PM »
1994 SOTY
Prince of EMB
God of style