Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397503 times)

violentpizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1470 on: June 21, 2016, 10:16:43 AM »
That interview was neither vague of interesting

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1471 on: June 26, 2016, 02:40:27 AM »
Just noticed watching the last KOTR episode Rickk and Mike rolling up in a fresh Audi A7. Dudes are doing well. Here in Europe you'll see high level bankers, well paid sportsmen and crooks riding those.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1472 on: June 26, 2016, 04:10:20 AM »
Just noticed watching the last KOTR episode Rickk and Mike rolling up in a fresh Audi A7. Dudes are doing well. Here in Europe you'll see high level bankers, well paid sportsmen and crooks riding those.
So what? Driving a nice car doesnt mean you're rich. We like to think so, but any moron with different priorities and bad financial judgement can take on a car payment.

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1473 on: June 26, 2016, 06:00:48 AM »
lease....500$ a month bro. It doesn't take a rich man to drive nice cars. good credit and 500-1000$ a month gets you just about any car under 100,000$

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #1474 on: June 26, 2016, 07:55:27 AM »
KOTR was also filmed over a year ago.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #1475 on: June 26, 2016, 07:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lease....500$ a month bro. It doesn't take a rich man to drive nice cars. good credit and 500-1000$ a month gets you just about any car under 100,000$

Carroll has said in a couple interviews that he only leases his cars so he'll always have a new one.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #1476 on: June 26, 2016, 11:35:55 AM »
Add some other luxury purchases, and then they are more busy about their own purchases than running the company. Of course I don't know the full situation, but I don't think crailtap is doing very well now.

dougDfresh

• Rep: -25
  • "...we are the dreamers of the dream."
« Reply #1477 on: June 26, 2016, 09:54:44 PM »

In the 90s Lockwood era of Los Angeles both Mike and Rick would pull up in an Audi.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1478 on: June 27, 2016, 04:26:30 AM »
KOTR was also filmed over a year ago.

it would be sick if whoever at vice was editing the show didn't know about the MJ debacle and there's some footage of them meeting up and having a good time (i.e. MJ lands skateboard trick and carroll hugs him)
good come sausage

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1479 on: June 27, 2016, 04:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that is still a lot of money, lease or not

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3288
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #1480 on: June 27, 2016, 10:08:34 AM »

A7, the choice of crooked bastards everywhere.

r.g.

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1481 on: June 27, 2016, 10:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Could be a company car and sticking it just a little more to their riders by financing the lease with their board/shoe/bearing/hello kitty collab money

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #1482 on: June 27, 2016, 11:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Could be a company car and sticking it just a little more to their riders by financing the lease with their board/shoe/bearing/hello kitty collab money

Nah, those guys can afford an A7. It's not really that expensive for what they do. I mean Crailtap pulled in a lot of money, they were on top for a long time. I'm sure their bank accounts reflect that. I don't know where Rickk resides but Mike lives in a pretty expensive West Hollywood/Fairfax neighborhood where you can't find a house for under 1.5 million.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #1483 on: June 27, 2016, 03:49:06 PM »
Have you seen the cars parked outside Biebel's warehouse, shouldn't be too odd a company owner can afford a decent car

pinch a loaf

« Reply #1484 on: June 27, 2016, 04:47:40 PM »
I think it's safe to say Mike and Rick are financially set for life.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1485 on: June 27, 2016, 06:08:30 PM »
I think it's safe to say Mike and Rick are financially set for life.

Both for sure are set for life.  Shecks of checks anytime soon ?!  ;D

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1486 on: June 28, 2016, 12:30:34 AM »
the way the skater-owned companies owners bitch about everything you'd think they're anything but set for life. remember getz and his car obsession ... a good car on a lease only means that you are doing good now, the future is unknown

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #1488 on: June 28, 2016, 01:06:13 AM »
fuxake, took a week and half of slap because of work issues and still no mj retaliation
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1489 on: June 28, 2016, 04:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

A7, the choice of crooked bastards everywhere.

one of my favorite hobbies outside of skating is cutting people off who drive audi's.
good come sausage

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #1490 on: June 28, 2016, 03:39:07 PM »
Don't get it twisted, Mike and Rick are both pretty rich...Girl was without question the most popular board company from 93-08.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1491 on: June 29, 2016, 04:18:23 AM »
These guys have owned a very successful board company, a clothing line, and a shoe brand, they should be able to afford an A7. I remember seeing a profile written about Corey Kennedy when he just turned pro by some local newspaper saying he was making a 100 g's a year, and this was prior to Pretty Sweet. If a guy they just turned pro is making 100 g's a year, then these guys should be able to afford an A7. I'm sure the deals guys like Marc, Guy and Biebel were on just weren't sustainable anymore/ I'm sure these guys are downsizing expenses in there own lives but I doubt at this point in there lives they were willing to take out another mortgage, to pump needed money in to Crailtap when they could sell off shares to investors. 

Here's the article.
http://archive.heraldnet.com/article/20110802/SPORTS/110809979

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1492 on: June 30, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »
These guys have owned a very successful board company, a clothing line, and a shoe brand, they should be able to afford an A7. I remember seeing a profile written about Corey Kennedy when he just turned pro by some local newspaper saying he was making a 100 g's a year, and this was prior to Pretty Sweet. If a guy they just turned pro is making 100 g's a year, then these guys should be able to afford an A7. I'm sure the deals guys like Marc, Guy and Biebel were on just weren't sustainable anymore/ I'm sure these guys are downsizing expenses in there own lives but I doubt at this point in there lives they were willing to take out another mortgage, to pump needed money in to Crailtap when they could sell off shares to investors. 

Here's the article.

I'm sure 80% of that salary of his was because of Nike not Crailtap.

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #1493 on: June 30, 2016, 07:43:08 PM »
I am sure Spike Jonze will pull any of them out of poverty.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1494 on: June 30, 2016, 10:43:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In the 90s Lockwood era of Los Angeles both Mike and Rick would pull up in an Audi.
During that era I picture Mike still up in SF and everybody who went to lockwood pulling up in a Civic, because for some reason that was the cool guy car at the time.

There's a huge amount of space between "wealthy enough to be able to afford nice things" and "rich enough to compete with adidas"
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1495 on: July 01, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »
They could have also rented it because they were gonna be on TV.

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #1496 on: July 01, 2016, 01:32:12 AM »
people still talking about this? fuck

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1498 on: July 01, 2016, 02:49:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Here's the article.
[close]

I'm sure 80% of that salary of his was because of Nike not Crailtap.
Oh, I know that, but if that what shoe companies are paying Am's, you gotta think Carroll and Rickk who sold arguably the most popular brands for years, and Lakai was quite successful for awhile that they can still afford a luxury like an A7.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #1499 on: July 01, 2016, 06:29:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
During that era I picture Mike still up in SF and everybody who went to lockwood pulling up in a Civic, because for some reason that was the cool guy car at the time.

There's a huge amount of space between "wealthy enough to be able to afford nice things" and "rich enough to compete with adidas"

Idealhandmades quote about the A-Wing being the Honda Civic of the Rebel Alliance still makes me laugh!
hardly art, hardly starving