Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397506 times)

asakusa75

Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1530 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:21 AM »
figured this belonged here
NINE-TO-FIVE : MARC JOHNSON on Vimeo
seems like the type of guy who could talk for hours and not say a goddamn thing

Just skate. No more talking.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1531 on: July 21, 2016, 06:37:01 AM »
Expand Quote
figured this belonged here
NINE-TO-FIVE : MARC JOHNSON on Vimeo
seems like the type of guy who could talk for hours and not say a goddamn thing
[close]

Just skate. No more talking.

for real. mj will probably always be my favorite skater but i dont ever need to hear him try to get insightful about skating ever again.

Getty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #1532 on: July 21, 2016, 12:59:41 PM »
Man, if someone I loved fell off the wagon & started making questionable decisions while looking as haunted & unhealthy as MJ has suddenly started looking, I'd hope they'd get more compassion than Slap is showing him right now. The alcoholic arm steeze is even back, for chrissake... our dude needs help.

doyle

• Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1533 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:36 PM »

Jordick

« Reply #1534 on: July 21, 2016, 01:48:41 PM »
Man, if someone I loved fell off the wagon & started making questionable decisions while looking as haunted & unhealthy as MJ has suddenly started looking, I'd hope they'd get more compassion than Slap is showing him right now. The alcoholic arm steeze is even back, for chrissake... our dude needs help.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1535 on: July 21, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
did i just watch an MJ part that didn't have a single flip trick in it?!?!  weird.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1536 on: July 21, 2016, 02:56:08 PM »
I think i can go the rest of my life without hearing Marc talk ever again, how many times is he going to keep patting himself on the back.

Just Shut up and Skate!

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #1537 on: July 21, 2016, 03:40:52 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1538 on: July 21, 2016, 04:33:52 PM »
  You guys remember his thrasher interview?  -   Mark has this full persona that he's been running for years but I think its lost it's heart and it's essence . So you get 'mark-shell' for the interview.  ^That skating was not the 'good side' of what he has to offer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:35:41 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1539 on: July 21, 2016, 04:37:26 PM »
It'd be oddly rad if Marc just went awol and signed with all these bogus sponsors like RDS and what not. Like also get on Moutain Dew and just be the total opposite person that we all perceived him to be. At least he'd get fucking paid for all of it.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1540 on: July 21, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
he's looking kinda haggard for a 39 year old, looks like he's of his daily mud treatments

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1541 on: July 22, 2016, 02:59:32 AM »
 It might help if he grew out his pony tail and strapped it super tight, to pull his face together a  bit.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1542 on: July 22, 2016, 06:44:02 AM »
did i just watch an MJ part that didn't have a single flip trick in it?!?!  weird.
seemed more like one ad worthy trick and a bunch of warm ups to me. wouldn't call it a part.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1543 on: July 22, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »
It might help if he grew out his pony tail and strapped it super tight, to pull his face together a  bit.
Ahahahaha, the Croydon facelift.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1544 on: July 27, 2016, 06:28:00 AM »
Marc Speaks!

After a couple of kids started arguing in his comments initially started by one of them calling him a sellout.

pt>

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #1545 on: July 27, 2016, 06:37:00 AM »
Marc Speaks!

After a couple of kids started arguing in his comments initially started by one of them calling him a sellout.

pt>

Interesting. I am surprised they "asked him to leave" when Carroll seemed pretty heated they were going to have to sit on his shoes because he left with no notice. Based on Marc's track record I'm not buying it. He may have been asked to leave Chocolate after leaving Lakai but highly doubt they asked him to leave Lakai after producing another run of his shoes
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1546 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:28 AM »
I don't know, think about it.  If you were asked to leave a sponsor (or find another sponsor), but then they asked that you NOT leave until they sell all your shoes, I can see where you'd be a bit pissed and have the motivation to just up and leave on your own terms. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1547 on: July 27, 2016, 08:29:09 AM »
I don't know, think about it.  If you were asked to leave a sponsor (or find another sponsor), but then they asked that you NOT leave until they sell all your shoes, I can see where you'd be a bit pissed and have the motivation to just up and leave on your own terms. 

Agreed. Imagine if a job did that to you. "Yeah, so we want you to find another job but we want you to stay so we can make a little more money off of you with your product."
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #1548 on: July 27, 2016, 08:31:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Marc Speaks!

pt>
[close]

Interesting. I am surprised they "asked him to leave" when Carroll seemed pretty heated they were going to have to sit on his shoes because he left with no notice. Based on Marc's track record I'm not buying it. He may have been asked to leave Chocolate after leaving Lakai but highly doubt they asked him to leave Lakai after producing another run of his shoes
They could not re-new his contract, they wanted to sell off remaining orders before he announced he left. Marc instead decided to not tell them about Adidas, and was announced when they had a shitload of his product remaining. No one is really in the clear here, if Lakai knew they couldn't afford to keep him, they shouldn't of ordered more of his shoes, then tried to get him to stay without a contract. Marc should of just outright told them he was going to Adidas, and he couldn't wait. Neither party looks good.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #1549 on: July 27, 2016, 08:34:14 AM »
MJ 4ever
but also
MC 4ever
(i like mj better tho)
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1550 on: July 27, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
I don't know, think about it.  If you were asked to leave a sponsor (or find another sponsor), but then they asked that you NOT leave until they sell all your shoes, I can see where you'd be a bit pissed and have the motivation to just up and leave on your own terms.  
[close]

Agreed. Imagine if a job did that to you. "Yeah, so we want you to find another job but we want you to stay so we can make a little more money off of you with your product."
it doesn't add up. either someone's lying or
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:54:50 AM by Iceman »

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #1551 on: July 27, 2016, 08:52:34 AM »
Highly doubt MC asked their biggest name pro to leave

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #1552 on: July 27, 2016, 09:42:09 AM »
The best thing about all this shit, is that Rick and Mike have been out on tours, seemingly doing what they should be doing, skating.

Thanks Marc!
I need a coffee

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1553 on: July 27, 2016, 10:03:44 AM »
The best thing about all this shit, is that Rick and Mike have been out on tours, seemingly doing what they should be doing, skating.

Thanks Marc!

I don't think you know the whole story. After all, Marc's whole life has been a video part. We'll just have to wait and see.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #1554 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:27 AM »
The drama continues....
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1555 on: July 27, 2016, 10:11:33 AM »

Thanks Marc!
;D

too much

« Reply #1557 on: July 27, 2016, 10:57:37 AM »
Asking him to leave? Carroll never said that in the jenkem interview I just reread it the other day. Carroll knew Marc was getting offers for years, Lakai matched the offer once before but recently after going through more financial troubles Lakai said we need to cut more pay and we understand at your age if you got more opportunity elsewhere go for it. That's a big difference than what Marc just said.

Reread the jenkem interview again Carroll was specific about how Marc was asked to be phased out of Lakai and how Marc blatantly lied to Carroll. Marc's recent revelation doesn't show a new side of the story it just proves he's a lie in ass hole and Carroll was telling the truth.

Bullshit Adidas is paying Marc less...That's either a lie too or Adidas just cut his pay or changed his contract due to all the recent cluster fuck drama Marc started.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #1558 on: July 27, 2016, 11:30:16 AM »
"At some point the bullshit wears thin. You've got ideas, and when you outrun the company and you've got all these ideas and the company can't keep up? It's ridiculous," Marc says. "You just talk to somebody who's willing to do these projects, [someone] who is progressive."

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #1559 on: July 27, 2016, 12:54:57 PM »
Highly doubt MC asked their biggest name pro to leave

MC didn't ask him leave, but suggested that he leave for his own good...

"It was a sad moment. It sucked for me to have to tell him that, and to have to say, “You should probably take a better offer,” because these motherfuckers are coming at you all crazy."

I guess in MJ's mind that equates to being asked to leave.