Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397498 times)

sfa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1650 on: September 17, 2016, 10:24:51 AM »
What exactly has the Crail camp done since this?

Still, no date for the Lakai video.

Put Yonnie on Lakia in a very rushed and reactionary way.

No additions to either Chocolate or Girl.

Put's out more bull shit collab shoes.
I need a coffee

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1651 on: September 17, 2016, 10:32:43 AM »

I still don't buy they're products

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #1652 on: September 17, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1653 on: September 17, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »

supposed to be October

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1654 on: September 17, 2016, 12:50:59 PM »
You guys know MJ was screwed out of money(royalties) from Lakai for over a year? He could've easily sued and bankrupt the brand, but didn't. Instead he just found a new sponsor who would actually pay him what they are supposed to.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #1655 on: September 17, 2016, 01:04:28 PM »
MJ, I would like you way more if you weren't so pretentious, and if you didn't say things only to back out about them entirely. This is my message to you.

Now go forth, pals, and relay it to him. Namaste.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #1656 on: September 19, 2016, 04:44:45 AM »
You guys know MJ was screwed out of money(royalties) from Lakai for over a year? He could've easily sued and bankrupt the brand, but didn't. Instead he just found a new sponsor who would actually pay him what they are supposed to.

Source?

Further details?

labor

• Rep: -39
« Reply #1657 on: September 19, 2016, 08:22:08 AM »

Yeah, I think its probably a stretch to say if this allegation is true he would bankrupt the company. Lawsuits of royalty payments are difficult, they almost always settle if there is real injury, and MJ would only really be able to sue for what he was owed for the alleged 1 year loss of royalty payments. Which I would guess is much less than crailtap going bankrupt.

But more fundamentally, that is fucked if he lost royalty payments.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1658 on: September 19, 2016, 08:50:58 AM »
is crailtap REALLY doing as bad as we think? ive been watching carrols dog fly around the world first class on instagram this past week. i think theyre doing just fine over there.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1659 on: September 19, 2016, 08:55:40 AM »
is crailtap REALLY doing as bad as we think? ive been watching carrols dog fly around the world first class on instagram this past week. i think theyre doing just fine over there.

Someone out there is still buying their boards.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Jordick

« Reply #1660 on: September 19, 2016, 02:02:32 PM »
Girl is probably the second or third biggest board co., they're not going away anytime soon unless rick or mike jump ship

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #1661 on: September 19, 2016, 02:08:31 PM »
seems like marc got rejected from the 18

That's a hot take right there. Finally someone has the balls to offer up some real talk.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1662 on: September 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM »
not Adidas related but something about his board sponsor maybe

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #1663 on: September 19, 2016, 02:22:48 PM »
Girl is probably the second or third biggest board co., they're not going away anytime soon unless rick or mike jump ship

lol, no where near it

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #1664 on: September 19, 2016, 02:28:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
supposed to be October

Where is the trailer?
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

SLAYERrules666

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1665 on: September 19, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »
Lakai is now being shipped out of Huf's warehouse. 

Jordick

« Reply #1666 on: September 19, 2016, 02:45:12 PM »
hes riding a rasa libre board

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #1667 on: September 19, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lol, no where near it
Point is moot anyway. Lehman brothers was one of the biggest and oldest investment firms on Wall St. before it collapsed. Big companies get involved in big deals, and when overhead is huge, they can collapse just as easily as any sized company
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

micky682

« Reply #1668 on: September 19, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »
It'd be so funny if MJ is really cold calling companies left and right that seem to fit with his "vision" and then is left dumbfounded when they don't want to add a 40 year old with a drinking problem who seems to only skate 1 park nowadays.

micky682

« Reply #1669 on: September 19, 2016, 05:28:18 PM »
Crailtap has a few younger guys they're flowing, Neils Bennett Simon Bannerot Zach Saraceno, who seem like they are going to be the "future" of the team. All with really good styles unlike Malto.

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #1670 on: September 19, 2016, 05:39:06 PM »
Crailtap has a few younger guys they're flowing, Neils Bennett Simon Bannerot Zach Saraceno, who seem like they are going to be the "future" of the team. All with really good styles unlike Malto.

If they don't put Giorgio Villone fully on girl and Yonnie fully on Chocolate they're fucking blowing it. Also whats up with this lakai video? never seen a single trailer or ad for it.

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1671 on: September 19, 2016, 05:45:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they don't put Giorgio Villone fully on girl and Yonnie fully on Chocolate they're fucking blowing it. Also whats up with this lakai video? never seen a single trailer or ad for it.

supposedly they're putting them both on, no clue why it has to take fucking years though. and malto is on sovrn now. is that not known information?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1672 on: September 19, 2016, 05:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

supposedly they're putting them both on, no clue why it has to take fucking years though. and malto is on sovrn now. is that not known information?

Its not known information because its not true

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1673 on: September 19, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't really give a shit about either but yeah it is. so is jack fardell randomly.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1674 on: September 19, 2016, 06:10:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't really give a shit about either but yeah it is. so is jack fardell randomly.

If he was on now why would he tag girl skateboards in his last photo that he posted 8 hours ago? Did he just get on these past 8 hours?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1675 on: September 19, 2016, 06:25:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

If he was on now why would he tag girl skateboards in his last photo that he posted 8 hours ago? Did he just get on these past 8 hours?

I have no opinion as to the truth of it, but Malto is smart/business minded enough to honor contracts. He wouldn't leave Mike and Rick with a warehouse full of unsellable boards.

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1676 on: September 19, 2016, 06:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha why do you follow him on instagram. maybe I shouldn't be saying this on here then but an unnamed employee of sovrn told me that a few weeks ago. I know they're putting out a nick matthews and nate greenwood welcome part so I'm guessing that's when they'll announce who's actually on. rumors man....los angeles is funny.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1677 on: September 19, 2016, 06:33:21 PM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1678 on: September 19, 2016, 06:42:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

haha why do you follow him on instagram. maybe I shouldn't be saying this on here then but an unnamed employee of sovrn told me that a few weeks ago. I know they're putting out a nick matthews and nate greenwood welcome part so I'm guessing that's when they'll announce who's actually on. rumors man....los angeles is funny.

I don't follow malto on instagram, ever hear of the search function? Also Maltos cool so i wouldn't give a fuck if i did follow him

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1679 on: September 19, 2016, 06:47:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't follow malto on instagram, ever hear of the search function? Also Maltos cool so i wouldn't give a fuck if i did follow him

no need to be a dick about it, just relaying to you guys what I've heard. that's what slap is for isn't it?