Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397555 times)

tobey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1680 on: September 19, 2016, 06:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crailtap has a few younger guys they're flowing, Neils Bennett Simon Bannerot Zach Saraceno, who seem like they are going to be the "future" of the team. All with really good styles unlike Malto.
[close]

If they don't put Giorgio Villone fully on girl and Yonnie fully on Chocolate they're fucking blowing it. Also whats up with this lakai video? never seen a single trailer or ad for it.

[close]

supposedly they're putting them both on, no clue why it has to take fucking years though. and malto is on sovrn now. is that not known information?
[close]

Its not known information because its not true
[close]

I don't really give a shit about either but yeah it is. so is jack fardell randomly.
[close]

If he was on now why would he tag girl skateboards in his last photo that he posted 8 hours ago? Did he just get on these past 8 hours?
[close]

haha why do you follow him on instagram. maybe I shouldn't be saying this on here then but an unnamed employee of sovrn told me that a few weeks ago. I know they're putting out a nick matthews and nate greenwood welcome part so I'm guessing that's when they'll announce who's actually on. rumors man....los angeles is funny.
[close]

I don't follow malto on instagram, ever hear of the search function? Also Maltos cool so i wouldn't give a fuck if i did follow him
[close]

no need to be a dick about it, just relaying to you guys what I've heard. that's what slap is for isn't it?

You were literally just making fun of me because you thought i followed Malto on instagram. Also nobody gives a shit that you're friends with the berrics skateboards employee

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1681 on: September 19, 2016, 06:58:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Crailtap has a few younger guys they're flowing, Neils Bennett Simon Bannerot Zach Saraceno, who seem like they are going to be the "future" of the team. All with really good styles unlike Malto.
[close]

If they don't put Giorgio Villone fully on girl and Yonnie fully on Chocolate they're fucking blowing it. Also whats up with this lakai video? never seen a single trailer or ad for it.

[close]

supposedly they're putting them both on, no clue why it has to take fucking years though. and malto is on sovrn now. is that not known information?
[close]

[close]

I don't really give a shit about either but yeah it is. so is jack fardell randomly.
[close]
Then follow him you pussy
If he was on now why would he tag girl skateboards in his last photo that he posted 8 hours ago? Did he just get on these past 8 hours?
[close]

haha why do you follow him on instagram. maybe I shouldn't be saying this on here then but an unnamed employee of sovrn told me that a few weeks ago. I know they're putting out a nick matthews and nate greenwood welcome part so I'm guessing that's when they'll announce who's actually on. rumors man....los angeles is funny.
[close]

I don't follow malto on instagram, ever hear of the search function? Also Maltos cool so i wouldn't give a fuck if i did follow him
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1682 on: September 19, 2016, 07:07:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

no need to be a dick about it, just relaying to you guys what I've heard. that's what slap is for isn't it?
[close]

You were literally just making fun of me because you thought i followed Malto on instagram. Also nobody gives a shit that you're friends with the berrics skateboards employee

didn't realize I was bragging haha. have a bad day skating that ledge tobey?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1683 on: September 19, 2016, 07:09:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No it was raining so i went to this park and played Pokemon go for like an hour after class. Took over 2 gyms so its been a good day 

Zeep Zander

« Reply #1684 on: September 19, 2016, 07:12:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No it was raining so i went to this park and played Pokemon go for like an hour after class. Took over 2 gyms so its been a good day 

sounds nice, I'm glad your days going good :-)

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #1685 on: September 20, 2016, 02:37:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

"Yeah...get hungry on it gurl" Sean Malto

glutton.

« Reply #1686 on: September 20, 2016, 02:53:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's been pro for Traffic since Static IV/V.

nylin

« Reply #1687 on: September 20, 2016, 04:12:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You must be living under a rock because he's been getting Chocolate boards for at least the past year.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #1688 on: September 20, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
seems like marc got rejected from the 18

Honestly, I don't even get his beef here. Way to be edgy and criptic though brah ;D
At this point his "response" is about as likely as D. Way's new Plan B part
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:46:08 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1689 on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:14 PM »
Fuck, MJ is the fucking worst!

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #1690 on: September 20, 2016, 11:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote

new page i guess

stephendedalus

• Rep: 58
« Reply #1691 on: September 21, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
seems like marc got rejected from the 18

[close]
Honestly, I don't even get his beef here. Way to be edgy and criptic though brah ;D
At this point his "response" is about as likely as D. Way's new Plan B part

Marc's whole IG game is a video part, man.

glutton.

« Reply #1692 on: September 21, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

You must be living under a rock because he's been getting Chocolate boards for at least the past year.
Nah, but I don't have an Instagram, and don't really notice unless footage has slow motion. The only reason I thought he was still on was because I saw a Traffic board with his name on it last week, at full price.

Monkey_Mcpott

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1694 on: September 22, 2016, 01:43:15 PM »
New hour long interview

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1083756324992918&id=250207351681157
i said it once and i'll say it again, i've seen 60 year olds that look better than marc, cigarettes are a bitch

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1695 on: September 22, 2016, 03:52:46 PM »
I don't think I have it in me to listen to MJ yak for an hour--can we get a cliffnotes version?
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #1696 on: September 22, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #1697 on: September 22, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
An hour? No way.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1698 on: September 22, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »
i listened to the whole thing at work.  it was kinda painful.  there was some cool shit, but nothing about what we all wanna hear:  Marc's rebuttal.  there was some weird shit where he's talking about how the world has changed and blah, blah, blah, IG/FB vids and they touched on the Clint Walker example.  And then after marc talks about sitting on footage for year and now everything is straight to the internet and all that, they ask if people can still put out a full length vid and have the impact that Fully Flared had, etc.  And Daewon says yes, and MJ looks like he's going to explode.  it was kind of weird.  other than that, a lot of Rodney praise, talking about trick progression over time, demos. 

Overall, not too informative, but not bad background noise for work.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1699 on: September 22, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #1700 on: September 22, 2016, 05:04:25 PM »
i listened to the whole thing at work.  it was kinda painful.  there was some cool shit, but nothing about what we all wanna hear:  Marc's rebuttal.  there was some weird shit where he's talking about how the world has changed and blah, blah, blah, IG/FB vids and they touched on the Clint Walker example.  And then after marc talks about sitting on footage for year and now everything is straight to the internet and all that, they ask if people can still put out a full length vid and have the impact that Fully Flared had, etc.  And Daewon says yes, and MJ looks like he's going to explode.  it was kind of weird.  other than that, a lot of Rodney praise, talking about trick progression over time, demos. 

Overall, not too informative, but not bad background noise for work.

Thank you.

And of course a full length can still have an impact...maybe even more so these days since web only parts are so common that a full length becomes a noteworthy event now.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #1701 on: September 22, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »
I'm 20 minutes in & it's totally worth the listen. Lots of good skate nerd talk so far, including Daewon talking about how the fuck he does some of his wacky shit. Audio sucks but in headphones I can make everything out.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #1702 on: September 22, 2016, 08:18:18 PM »

Tyson

• Rep: 1
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1703 on: September 22, 2016, 08:22:20 PM »

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1704 on: September 22, 2016, 09:52:07 PM »
I watched five minutes of it and it's really boring, so to save you from the first 5 minutes here's a recap. Not quotes, but I tried to use as much of Marc's language as I could remember:

Marc isn't "technically" working on anything right now. He's working everyday on skateboarding stuff that doesn't involve actually riding a skateboard, but as far as filming skateboarding, he's not doing that. He says something about starting to think about what he wants to do for an Adidas introduction thing.

Someone asks if he's looking at board companies to ride for. After lots of pausing and stuttering, Marc says he's more focused on what he wants to do for photos and videos; he's checking out songs and making notes about stuff.

manute bol

« Reply #1705 on: September 22, 2016, 10:06:54 PM »
i feel bad for Daewon.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1706 on: September 22, 2016, 10:17:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

new page i guess

sluggers

• Rep: -405
« Reply #1707 on: September 23, 2016, 12:46:52 AM »
Marc Johnson could disappear and not say a thing and this would be so much more enjoyable.

MJ you are done and no one cares about anything you have to say.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #1708 on: September 23, 2016, 06:38:15 AM »
Marc Johnson could disappear and not say a thing and this would be so much more enjoyable.

MJ you are done and no one cares about anything you have to say.

59 page slap thread says otherwise.

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #1709 on: September 23, 2016, 05:33:03 PM »
I skated a Hsu board recently and was lovely. Flow it to a hommie and hes doing switch big spins on that bae these days. BTW Vincent is the king of Crailtap.

Pretty Sweet Full Skate Video

8)