Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397622 times)

CAPTAIN NOBODY

Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1860 on: February 22, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »
I'm still a huge fan of both MJ and Mike Carroll regardless of all this drama.

offkilter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #1861 on: February 22, 2017, 09:15:05 PM »
Roger is the truth his encyclopedic knowledge of the industry impresses not only me but Jake Johnson, gilbert and Nate Jones

We're both going to rehab in april

where did this come from?

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #1862 on: February 22, 2017, 09:58:18 PM »
Can we just all agree the dude is painfully unfunny. "Hey I'm on a show, look how crazy I'm wearing my hat! Oh wait let me make a funny voice and face in case you guys don't get how funny I am yet!"

Kelly seemed to find him hilarious.

Mr. Fink

« Reply #1863 on: February 22, 2017, 10:44:46 PM »
I'm still a huge fan of both MJ and Mike Carroll regardless of all this drama.

Me too, buddy.

Slappydarkslide

« Reply #1864 on: February 23, 2017, 07:07:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Can we just all agree the dude is painfully unfunny. "Hey I'm on a show, look how crazy I'm wearing my hat! Oh wait let me make a funny voice and face in case you guys don't get how funny I am yet!"
[close]

Yeah, I don't know if I'm getting older but I don't find Marc funny at all, it's pretty cringe-worthy and try hard, especially the end with the shirtless wig thing.  I guess it's a product of being in your own skate bubble for 25 years.  What 40 year olds act like that?  I also found Gerwers 9 club excruciating.  If you watch it, Gerwer tries to relieve his nervousness by acting like a clown, its painful....

shark tits

« Reply #1865 on: February 23, 2017, 07:25:26 AM »
the nervousness is the act and the clown is the real gerwer.
Primal Fear (9/9) Movie CLIP - Good For You, Marty (1996) HD

Maggie

• Rep: -65488
« Reply #1866 on: February 23, 2017, 08:22:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, I don't know if I'm getting older but I don't find Marc funny at all, it's pretty cringe-worthy and try hard, especially the end with the shirtless wig thing.  I guess it's a product of being in your own skate bubble for 25 years.  What 40 year olds act like that?  I also found Gerwers 9 club excruciating.  If you watch it, Gerwer tries to relieve his nervousness by acting like a clown, its painful....

You're a hypercritical dweeb my dude keep posting nonsense like this and I will ban you from this forum

trillytrill

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1867 on: February 23, 2017, 09:17:38 AM »
But more to the point his version of the story didn't seem believable to me.

he admits to getting checks but says he's not being paid in the same story. doesn't add up at all

UselessAsshole

« Reply #1868 on: February 23, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »
Edit: Also love Roger but was pretty bummed on him blatantly claiming "Skate shoe companies makes shitty shoes. Adidas, Nike, and Converse make great shoes." I wonder how Carroll feels about this episode.

Thought it was weird too, especially since they had Don Brown on the show a few months back and the fact that Kelly is TM for eS...

Expand Quote
So who thinks, if MJ had told him, "yeah man they're announcing it at the premier tomorrow. Sorry I had to do it but they're my new employers", MC would have said, "oh ok well that sucks but thanks for being honest"..... I like both these guys but I honestly can't see it playing out that way. In no scenario I can come up with in my mind would Carroll not be pissed and fire Marc from Chocolate
[close]

Well I don't think MC would have had an interview saying he was gonna sodomize MJ no vaseline had it happened this way.

Speaking of, it's not on this page yet.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

new page i guess
[close]
[close]

Just cuz. #neverforget
[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 03:09:10 PM by UselessAsshole »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1869 on: February 23, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »
I had a pair of the McCrank Vegan shoe and they held up great, any quality feedback on their current shoes?

micky682

« Reply #1870 on: February 23, 2017, 05:42:39 PM »
So did Marc really get the no from Quasi? I admire his skating, but would've loved to see his reaction after getting rejected.

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1871 on: February 23, 2017, 08:53:00 PM »
I got bored after an hour so I never even made it to the end. Then I rewatched the Louie Barletta one. He's way funnier, way more interesting, and way more down. Big ups to MJ for starting enjoi, but it's really better without him on. MJ's whole career has a lot of fucking people over in it, just the kind of guy he is.

spliffMODE

• Rep: 5
« Reply #1872 on: February 23, 2017, 11:17:12 PM »
I can just feel the mania pouring out of Marc. He is entertaining to a certain point but just seems like an exhausting human to be around.

He seems to get a bit too preachy sometimes. I can definitely see a manic depressive personality in Marc.

Expand Quote
Roger....on the quality of skate shoes.....please explain vans.......

[close]

He said skate shoe companies make shitty shoes.

Vans is the fuckin top of the list

Ive had some good durable vans but then again Ive had ones that just fall apart right off the bat, anything with wafflecup construction and/or the duracap will hold together pretty nicely, the rest are trash.

I just got a pair of the Chima Pros so we'll see how these go.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1873 on: February 24, 2017, 04:02:09 AM »
Just figured I'd throw this here.

Brophy is finishing up his welcome to Girl vid
Gentleman ninja warlock

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #1874 on: February 24, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »
Marc has done more podcasts that skating since he got on

DAEWON has been doing a whole shit ton of skating and he didn't even shout out his own birthday.

That's it. Buy scumco boards and on sale shoes

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #1875 on: February 24, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »
I can just feel the mania pouring out of Marc. He is entertaining to a certain point but just seems like an exhausting human to be around.

He seems to get a bit too preachy sometimes. I can definitely see a manic depressive personality in Marc.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Ive had some good durable vans but then again Ive had ones that just fall apart right off the bat, anything with wafflecup construction and/or the duracap will hold together pretty nicely, the rest are trash.

Im heavily considering these as my next shoe 

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1876 on: February 24, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Edit: Also love Roger but was pretty bummed on him blatantly claiming "Skate shoe companies makes shitty shoes. Adidas, Nike, and Converse make great shoes." I wonder how Carroll feels about this episode.
[close]

Thought it was weird too, especially since they had Don Brown on the show a few months back and the fact that Kelly is TM for eS...

This was a cringe moment for sure. Guessing he had that comment prepared in a means to make marc feel comfortable. Either way, it's complete bullshit.

I've had Vans, Emerica, Adidas, etc in the past 5 years without any noticeable quality difference in any.

Honestly what seems to make skate shoes last the longest is if you get some durable material, like leather or mid top shoes(half cabs, hsus, etc).
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

coneklr

« Reply #1877 on: February 24, 2017, 10:07:16 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wish you both the best ... went through all the way to my foot in a few hours with just ollies  ???

spliffMODE

« Reply #1878 on: February 24, 2017, 10:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wish you both the best ... went through all the way to my foot in a few hours with just ollies  ???

No bueno!! I'm about to shoegoo the main stitching seam hopefully that will help. The first Gilberts were straight up bombproof, I used to hike and skate in them everyday and they lasted just under a year. That wafflecup shit is the truth, I can't see why Vans doesn't use it in all of their skate shoes. (Possibly a marketing scheme to sell more shoes if they fall apart faster.) The thing I've found with any skate shoe is that either the toe or the sole wears out first, some have durable toes and weak soles, or vise vera. Some wear out fast, others it takes time. It's a shame that there aren't many shoes out there that hold up well. When it takes a long time to completely destroy the shoe and eventually the sole and the toe wear out around the same time, to me; that constitutes a damn good shoe. 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1879 on: February 24, 2017, 10:43:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

they make shitty shoes
Gentleman ninja warlock

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #1880 on: February 25, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No bueno!! I'm about to shoegoo the main stitching seam hopefully that will help. The first Gilberts were straight up bombproof, I used to hike and skate in them everyday and they lasted just under a year. That wafflecup shit is the truth, I can't see why Vans doesn't use it in all of their skate shoes. (Possibly a marketing scheme to sell more shoes if they fall apart faster.) The thing I've found with any skate shoe is that either the toe or the sole wears out first, some have durable toes and weak soles, or vise vera. Some wear out fast, others it takes time. It's a shame that there aren't many shoes out there that hold up well. When it takes a long time to completely destroy the shoe and eventually the sole and the toe wear out around the same time, to me; that constitutes a damn good shoe. 
How is this even possible, i skate only few days a week and my shoes are completely dead after 2 months,always, and i skate only  cupsoles...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

spliffMODE

« Reply #1881 on: February 25, 2017, 02:57:27 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=91029.msg2613517#msg2613517 date=1488009789
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
How is this even possible, i skate only few days a week and my shoes are completely dead after 2 months,always, and i skate only  cupsoles...
Cruising around town still counts as skating everyday, the things fucking lasted tho

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1882 on: February 25, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
Maybe it's just me, but it seems foolish to be taking anyone's side in the matter. We're missing a concise timeline of events, and most importantly we're completely unaware of the details of the contract that MJ signed. If you don't know all of that, then you're arbitrarily arguing over grown men with communication problems that should have handled their business behind closed doors and away from the public.

I will say that it was a mistake for MC to reveal what he did in that Jenkem interview, and it seems as if no one taught him that the loudest person in the room ends up being the weakest person in the room.
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #1883 on: February 25, 2017, 12:15:53 PM »
anyone saying skate companies don't make quality shoes, what the fuck were you rockin before 2004?  the emerica MJ-1s were great, and I bought literally 11 pairs in a row of the Lakai MJ-2s. also I don't watch the 9 club, who is this Roger fella?

Maggie

« Reply #1884 on: February 25, 2017, 02:43:01 PM »
roger is a fucking filmer he is also an alcoholic very nice guy we were getting fucked up at Black the other night, Heath kept giving us free shots of Old Crow, i made a mistake that night

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1885 on: February 25, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
That comment that Roger made seriously bums me out, not so much that he said it, but that so many people will believe it as gospel without finding out for themselves. Say what you want about their quality in the past. I've honestly been skating only Lakais for over a year, aside from one pair of Emericas, and I haven't had any complaints. Oh well. Try them out.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

MKULTRA

• Rep: -18
« Reply #1886 on: February 25, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »
Roger is usually the only dude drinking. I do enjoy the show, but sometimes they spend 15 minutes talking about a 35 year old's first shop sponsor.

Matthew_James

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #1887 on: February 25, 2017, 04:36:02 PM »
That comment that Roger made seriously bums me out, not so much that he said it, but that so many people will believe it as gospel without finding out for themselves. Say what you want about their quality in the past. I've honestly been skating only Lakais for over a year, aside from one pair of Emericas, and I haven't had any complaints. Oh well. Try them out.

Someone in the YouTube comments section was arguing with Roger over the fact that the ?s SLB mids and the Chuck Taylor Highs retail for The same price, and that the SLB will outlast and outperform the Chucks. He didn't have much to say after that the last I checked...
At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1888 on: February 25, 2017, 04:43:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Someone in the YouTube comments section was arguing with Roger over the fact that the ?s SLB mids and the Chuck Taylor Highs retail for The same price, and that the SLB will outlast and outperform the Chucks. He didn't have much to say after that the last I checked...

The SLB probably is better for skateboarding than the Chucks, not because Don Brown skates/ed or whatever but because Chuck Taylors are trash for skateboarding. Kook me if you want, but that shit is all marketing/trendiness.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Maggie

« Reply #1889 on: February 25, 2017, 04:45:37 PM »
Kane Sheckler, Sean Pablo, Mango