Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397516 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #1920 on: March 23, 2017, 10:54:32 AM »
Anyone know how to rip this video from computer? http://theskateboardmag.com/daewon-and-mj-the-raw-interview/

I've been trying the standard sites but can't get it. I would love to edit MJ talking about his big ideas intertwined with that new Adidas clip ahaha

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
« Reply #1921 on: March 23, 2017, 10:57:19 AM »
does that mean video part tomorrow???????????

Hahahahaha... no.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #1922 on: March 23, 2017, 11:07:54 AM »
Anyone know how to rip this video from computer? http://theskateboardmag.com/daewon-and-mj-the-raw-interview/

I've been trying the standard sites but can't get it. I would love to edit MJ talking about his big ideas intertwined with that new Adidas clip ahaha
Right click this and Save link as: http://cf.c.ooyala.com/dpc2lsMzE6XVFLQnNTqQRKCf7IY1LQVv/DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtDEwOjEzYzowazumG4?_=x16m0jnsu6nhsh478pvi

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1923 on: March 23, 2017, 11:14:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Right click this and Save link as: http://cf.c.ooyala.com/dpc2lsMzE6XVFLQnNTqQRKCf7IY1LQVv/DOcJ-FxaFrRg4gtDEwOjEzYzowazumG4?_=x16m0jnsu6nhsh478pvi

Fuck yes, just downloaded. A gnar for you, thank you.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1924 on: March 23, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
Skateboarders sure are a confused bunch of people

Adidas and Nike both are super corpo. Yet Adidas does not get half the hate that nike gets. Sure they market themselves abit different but they are pretty much the same thing. A big company with big money that have used sweatshops and many other "bad" methods to get shit done. Adidas even has old Nazi ties

dennis busenitz and silas baxter-neal are loved for many things including speaking out against energy drink sponsors. Yet most people have no problem for them skating for one of the biggest companies in the world

So many skaters here are working jobs they do not like, even hate. But they do it so they can pay the bills and feed themselves and their family, yet they have a problem with a skater taking sponsors. The fact that you like Lakai better then Adidas means MJ should not switch companies so he can pay his bills and feed his family. His sponsors have pretty much 0 effect on your lives and 100% effect on MJs life

Its ridiculous that people loved MJ though his whole carer and now that he has Adidas shoes on his feet people are hating and pretending they will not watch his next part.

So many of our favourite low key pros who have skated for smaller brands like Traffic have had to retire and get a real job sometimes 10 years before they would have to retire because they needed to pay bills and not starve to death. We maybe missed out on 5 parts from each of those amazing pros. Yet people hate on sponsors that are giving skaters a opportunity to do their job and skate  

Every time a pro or AM goes out and skates they can get a horrible injury that ends their carer. Sometimes bullshit like Mike Mo happens and they get hurt fucking around. Most companies usually dump them pretty fast. No health insurance or any back up plan to help them out.
Or they get lucky and retire at age 30+ ? maybe 40 ?

And then what go out and find a job when you are 45 ? with no highschool or college degree and no work experience  ? Better get that cash from as many sponsors that you can so your kids can go to college

I really like adidas shoes and I dont think MJ has made a part that I havent loved. Great style and trick selection. Dude could be sponsored by freakin fishing equipment and amazon and I would not care

Mr. Fink

« Reply #1925 on: March 23, 2017, 11:23:51 AM »
MJ is one of my favorite skaters and I'm super excited to watch this part.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1926 on: March 23, 2017, 11:47:28 AM »

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #1927 on: March 23, 2017, 11:53:59 AM »
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #1930 on: March 23, 2017, 12:20:26 PM »

Monty, monty, did you read the first 58 pages before you posted this?

No one cares that marc is on adidas, it's the way he quit lakai that people have a problem with.

to think it probably took you just as long to make that post as it took watson to make that incredible video.. tsk tsk

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #1932 on: March 23, 2017, 12:47:39 PM »
I think it's funny how many people are so willing to back what Mike Carroll did to Marc Johnson, even though if they had the same thing happen to them, they would have probably left Lakai even sooner than Marc did. Think about it. You are working a job one day, and out of nowhere, you notice that your pay has been substantially reduced without warning. You call the company to ask about the reduction and they give you an answer: "Wow, that's weird, we don't know what happened, we will look into that," but they never call you back. Then it happens again, until finally, you get on the phone with your boss and he tells you that he has to cut your pay again. Then he proceeds to tell you to find new employment, but to wait an extra 5-7 months before you start your next job so that your old employer can make more money off you. If I was in Marc's shoes, I would have started looking for another shoe sponsor as soon as my pay was reduced with no explanation or warning. I don't blame any of these pros that decide to take on mainstream and large corporate sponsors. You have to pay the bills somehow and as another poster has said previously "There is no such thing as selling out, when you have mouths to feed." Could have Marc handled the situation better? Yes. But as Crailtap has continued to push inferior products and practice shady business moves; you ultimately reap what you sew.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #1933 on: March 23, 2017, 12:51:41 PM »
I think it's funny how many people are so willing to back what Mike Carroll did to Marc Johnson, even though if they had the same thing happen to them, they would have probably left Lakai even sooner than Marc did. Think about it. You are working a job one day, and out of nowhere, you notice that your pay has been substantially reduced without warning. You call the company to ask about the reduction and they give you an answer: "Wow, that's weird, we don't know what happened, we will look into that," but they never call you back. Then it happens again, until finally, you get on the phone with your boss and he tells you that he has to cut your pay again. Then he proceeds to tell you to find new employment, but to wait an extra 5-7 months before you start your next job so that your old employer can make more money off you. If I was in Marc's shoes, I would have started looking for another shoe sponsor as soon as my pay was reduced with no explanation or warning. I don't blame any of these pros that decide to take on mainstream and large corporate sponsors. You have to pay the bills somehow and as another poster has said previously "There is no such thing as selling out, when you have mouths to feed." Could have Marc handled the situation better? Yes. But as Crailtap has continued to push inferior products and practice shady business moves; you ultimately reap what you sew.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1935 on: March 23, 2017, 12:54:44 PM »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #1936 on: March 23, 2017, 01:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you suck homegrown and clearly didn't watch watsons video

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1937 on: March 23, 2017, 01:50:29 PM »
Clearly MJs move to adidas has nothing to do with ideas, clearly. I just wished skaters would just be straight up about it and just say it was for the money. MJ has always has great parts but he's also always come across as an arrogant douche. I will always love a MJ part but will never go back and see an MJ interview.

homegrown83

• Rep: -83
« Reply #1938 on: March 23, 2017, 02:02:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you suck homegrown and clearly didn't watch watsons video

I saw it and I didn't really care for it lol

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #1939 on: March 23, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »
Man I really wish that Adidas paid me to post. Seriously.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506

HungUp

• Rep: 40

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
« Reply #1942 on: March 23, 2017, 04:16:33 PM »
Done.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR_ay7VjkHc/

There should be double-gnar buttons for this type of shit.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

asakusa75

« Reply #1943 on: March 23, 2017, 04:20:29 PM »

I will be coming back tomorrow for this very reason.

Fecal Fury

• Rep: 60
  • 1800-18-18-18
« Reply #1944 on: March 23, 2017, 04:22:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bullshit. Don't deny that you're here everyday for no good reason anyways...

asakusa75

« Reply #1945 on: March 23, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Merry christmas to you too big guy, I am feeling generous today.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #1946 on: March 23, 2017, 08:20:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Merry christmas to you too big guy, I am feeling generous today.
gnared and started following that shit was good

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #1947 on: March 23, 2017, 08:32:09 PM »
Holy shit Watson ;D
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal