Author Topic: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap  (Read 397509 times)

sk84fun

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -42
Re: Mike Carroll on the future of Crailtap
« Reply #2010 on: June 12, 2017, 02:21:01 PM »
as the owner of girl and someone who is known to party hard i would expect him to have some of the craziest and funniest stories ever. felt like the episode was really tame. everyone saying they love the episode is making me feel like i missed something. might have to listen again tomorrow at work
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:49:34 PM by sk84fun »

marty mcfly

« Reply #2011 on: June 12, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
anyone else find the 9club interview boring? felt like they just talked about his time skating before girl way too much. no real interesting questions. love most of the 9club episodes but this one was pretty disappointing. especially since carroll doesn't do too many video interviews :(
[close]

Nope,because it's fucking Mike Carroll!
He's the best!!!
[close]

mike carroll fuckin rules but them talking about emb stories for an hour sucks ass. most of those stories have been beaten dead. maybe i just know too much about the guy already but interviews where you learn nothing new about the subject are garbage.
[close]

Sure a lot was already told in his EL,but not everything!
You knew that EMB was the crew and not the spot for example?come on!
Or all the trick nerdery they talked about,the way he's doing his hardflip in the Modus Line(always very interesting to me when pros talk about
Tricks/Trick names,nbd's,abd's what ever).
Carroll is such a legend i just want to listen to him and some of his old storys.
I think the old EMB/plan b/hokus/early girl days is the interesting part.
No need to hear him talk about FF (everything about it was told in the final flare),or even about
MJ.he's done with this dude and the story,so why talk about it?!
That was one of my favorite episodes!!!

[close]

shit i must have hyped it up too much when i saw it. dont really know what i was expecting. always found mike to be one of the best skaters ever on the board, off the board he seems like such a distinctive character. guess i was hoping to hear more of mikes views on life and his weird humor. could really care less about the whole mj debacle or FF vid. also i did know that emb was a crew. and he has talked about the modus line in other vids. im glad you enjoyed it just wish someone else did the interview so more of mikes character couldve shown through. chris roberts is a solid interviewer, but i feel like carroll is way more savage, while roberts is more quirky.

Maybe he wasn't drunk,or drunk enough!i also think it has something to do with the
Fact that he's crobs boss idk!

sk84fun

« Reply #2012 on: June 12, 2017, 02:33:00 PM »
lol! didnt think of that!

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #2013 on: June 12, 2017, 09:13:44 PM »
as the owner of girl and someone who is known to party hard i would expect him to have some of the craziest and funniest stories ever. felt like the episode was really tame. everyone saying they love the episode is making me feel like i missed something. might have to listen again tomorrow at work

It sucked. I love the nine club, but this episode was mostly about already been told stories (abts ?) which made it boring af.

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2014 on: June 12, 2017, 09:15:53 PM »
At least hype up the flare video, talk about the adventures/missions the riders went through to make the video ???!!!!

sk84fun

« Reply #2015 on: June 12, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It sucked. I love the nine club, but this episode was mostly about already been told stories (abts ?) which made it boring af.

shit thats exactly what im saying. i thought this one would be fuckin comedy, this episode had a lot of potential but definitely didn't deliver.  one i really liked was steve olson episode, that dude is hilarious. that story about how he met the other steve olson and he asked if he liked cookies and he said "yeah.....do you got any milk?" shit had me dying. his comedic timing is on point

Julz

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2016 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

shit thats exactly what im saying. i thought this one would be fuckin comedy, this episode had a lot of potential but definitely didn't deliver.  one i really liked was steve olson episode, that dude is hilarious. that story about how he met the other steve olson and he asked if he liked cookies and he said "yeah.....do you got any milk?" shit had me dying. his comedic timing is on point

''Let's talk about how girl started... '' Who the fuck is watching this shit without knowing the basic story behind crailtap ??

sk84fun

« Reply #2017 on: June 12, 2017, 11:30:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

''Let's talk about how girl started... '' Who the fuck is watching this shit without knowing the basic story behind crailtap ??

exactly. mike has already had an epicly laterd and a chromeball. multiple other docs about his companies and fellow teammates. i feel like that time period before girl has been in so many different videos, magazines, and books. it was kinda cool hearing them talk about different trick names but come on! this is MC! that should not be the highlight of the show! as much as i really like chris roberts but sometimes i wish there was maybe another cohost that dgaf, who was just funny and talk about crazy elicit shit! thats the kind of stuff i like. the whole "so where are you from and how did you start skating?" is always the worst part of any interview. but none the less im still excited for future episodes.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 11:32:40 PM by sk84fun »

drcroc

« Reply #2018 on: June 13, 2017, 03:18:27 AM »
Full disclosure: I skated a Mike Carroll girl deck around 5-6 years ago.  In other news, anyone else notice he looked kind of "off" in the Nine Club interview, at least in the beginning. His face looked like all weird and his eyes were bloodshot and like bleary. Didn't seem very lucid.  I enjoyed the interview tho, especially the story about the pro contest where he didn't get top 10 and all that.

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #2019 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:52 AM »
Full disclosure: I skated a Mike Carroll girl deck around 5-6 years ago.  In other news, anyone else notice he looked kind of "off" in the Nine Club interview, at least in the beginning. His face looked like all weird and his eyes were bloodshot and like bleary. Didn't seem very lucid.  I enjoyed the interview tho, especially the story about the pro contest where he didn't get top 10 and all that.
Maybe he was on weed smoke possibly?

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

kook nukem

« Reply #2020 on: June 13, 2017, 07:48:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I haven't checked the interview yet, but Mike has always seemed a bit spacey to me. Not in a bad way, just super chill.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2021 on: June 13, 2017, 09:53:28 AM »
One time carrol came into dqm years ago introduced himself then took a condom out of his pocket and proceeded to blow it up over his head Yeah then said peace and dipped. Savage for sure free max b
FREE MAX B

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #2022 on: June 13, 2017, 11:15:41 AM »
I'm sure I've mentioned on here when at the pretty sweet demo MC tried to tell me he was Rick Howard

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #2023 on: June 13, 2017, 04:04:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I haven't checked the interview yet, but Mike has always seemed a bit spacey to me. Not in a bad way, just super chill.

Doesn't he have a disease or something? might be the meds, then again he had that oxy graphic?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #2024 on: June 13, 2017, 04:28:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Doesn't he have a disease or something? might be the meds, then again he had that oxy graphic?

He had lupus awhile back. There is a mysterious flesh bubble behind one of his ears. Aside from that I'm not sure.

I think he's spacey because he's a fucking legendary ninja and they're all in a different state of consciousness. "Higher planes and curves."

Also hope he got that difficult trick he was battling, which Elijah Berle mentioned in an interview not long ago.

Best f/s flip I've ever seen in a video, over the SF library gap in The Chocolate Tour.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #2025 on: June 14, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
^^^he either has lupus or not...it's a lifelong disease...but he did seem a little off.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2026 on: June 14, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »
MC is on opiates and drinks alot.

He's a really weird dood. Like really fuckin weird. It's actually surprising he's functional. He's also got really bad anxiety issues the past 10 years or so.

Skate legend for sure, but he is like the Michael Jackson of skateboarding
Gentleman ninja warlock

micky682

« Reply #2027 on: June 14, 2017, 03:04:50 PM »

He's a really weird dood. Like really fuckin weird. It's actually surprising he's functional. He's also got really bad anxiety issues the past 10 years or so.

source?

miff

• Rep: -8
« Reply #2028 on: June 14, 2017, 03:18:03 PM »

Ha. Fuck you and your need to talk shit.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #2029 on: June 14, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »
^^^he either has lupus or not...it's a lifelong disease...but he did seem a little off.

I've heard this too. Lupus can be extremely painful and it's common for lupus patients to be prescribed painpills. Lupus is fucked and can drain every ounce of life out of you and if he does have it it's impressive he still skates at all. I had a cousin who killed himself because of the pain and issues he had to deal with and didn't want to live the rest of his life that way. So if MC does have Lupus props to him for pushing on through it like a G.

jpmulls

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2030 on: June 14, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
I've taken care of some people with Lupus. One woman was maybe 60 and had the hands of someone with rheumatoid arthritis. Her hands were almost non-functional. I hope MC has it under control because it can be debilitating.

Jagr

• Rep: 116

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2032 on: June 15, 2017, 05:28:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ha. Fuck you and your need to talk shit.

Im not talking shit
Gentleman ninja warlock

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #2033 on: June 15, 2017, 01:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

[close]
I've heard this too. Lupus can be extremely painful and it's common for lupus patients to be prescribed painpills. Lupus is fucked and can drain every ounce of life out of you and if he does have it it's impressive he still skates at all. I had a cousin who killed himself because of the pain and issues he had to deal with and didn't want to live the rest of his life that way. So if MC does have Lupus props to him for pushing on through it like a G.

Lupus sucks, I've got family and friends who have it... J Dilla my favorite producer died from it in 2006.  At his funeral his mom told a story about how when he was sick and near death he would hallucinate and said Ol' Dirty Bastard called him on the phone and he spoke to him.  Erykah Badu made a song about it...

Erykah Badu - 'Telephone'