Author Topic: Black Friday Shopping List?  (Read 2600 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 990
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Black Friday Shopping List?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2023, 11:41:16 PM »
TV software is the worst; I do everything via pc, series x or ps5.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2023, 04:20:28 AM »
Definitely bearings if I can find.  Some 56-58 spitfires maybe if theres a good deal.

Maybe this belongs in the sale gear thread but who’s got the best deal on Swiss?
303. I snagged Swiss Ceramics and a set of wheels for less than $120.

Gleefull508

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2023, 10:49:03 AM »
Really all I need is some nike crew socks, I got wayy to much skate stuff during the labor day sales

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2023, 05:26:49 PM »
How much have you all bought for Black Friday sales so far?

I bought
$30 Ksl g6 in white grey
$30 mini logo 8.25 with grip
$40 maxallure pgi 8.25
$7 ace bushings
$3 shortys hardware
$45 venture v-hollow 5.2 high
$50 Etnies winter shoes for my partner

And I’m pretty much done, and that is a nice amount of product, and not that excessive

bet the pgi is nice

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2023, 05:30:41 PM »

So far, a set of Mini-logo bearings, Thunder hollow light his, three sheets of Mob, and three sets of generic hardware - $108 total

Also two boards - one Quasi proto and one Real classic oval - for $80 total

Tomorrow I'm planning on copping a Girl board that'll probably be $90 after tax and shipping. After that, I really need to stop.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2023, 06:01:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So far, a set of Mini-logo bearings, Thunder hollow light his, three sheets of Mob, and three sets of generic hardware - $108 total

Tomorrow I'm planning on copping a Girl board that'll probably be $90 after tax and shipping. After that, I really need to stop.
All this is solid. Mini logo bearings are great and easily cleaned, the proto shape is great and I like the mellow concave, girl wood has that snap and I also grabbed a set of venture hollow hi’s. Sounds like you maintained balance this self inflicted shopping season

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2023, 06:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote

I bought
$30 Ksl g6 in white grey
$40 maxallure pgi 8.25
$7 ace bushings
$3 shortys hardware

And I’m pretty much done, and that is a nice amount of product, and not that excessive
[close]

bet the pgi is nice
I hope it is as mellow as my last pgi deck, which also had A huge tail .
 I bought a consolidated pgi two weeks ago on their site and they sent the wrong size and it was too steep. But it’s the bunny giving the other bunny her foot so it’s a classic graphic, and the shape looks really fun to ride. It’s an 8.375 and the taper combined with the concave is going to be great outdoors, after the winter. They said the wheelbase of the 8.25 was 13.75 so I was excited to get that deck, but the one they sent one has a 14.3 wheelbase. I’m just looking for the mellow pgi mainly for winter indoor because my space is super small and I will ride the consolidated next spring.

I thought all pgi were mellow from reading posts here, and the only pgi that I did have was mellow.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2023, 06:19:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I bought
$30 Ksl g6 in white grey
$40 maxallure pgi 8.25
$7 ace bushings
$3 shortys hardware

[close]

bet the pgi is nice
[close]
I hope it is as mellow as my last pgi deck, which also had A huge tail .
 I bought a consolidated pgi two weeks ago on their site and they sent the wrong size and it was too steep. But it’s the bunny giving the other bunny her foot so it’s a classic graphic, and the shape looks really fun to ride. It’s an 8.375 and the taper combined with the concave is going to be great outdoors, after the winter. They said the wheelbase of the 8.25 was 13.75 so I was excited to get that deck, but the one they sent one has a 14.3 wheelbase. I’m just looking for the mellow pgi mainly for winter indoor because my space is super small and I will ride the consolidated next spring.

I thought all pgi were mellow from reading posts here, and the only pgi that I did have was mellow.

i thought all pig’s were mellow too. the ones i’ve had, long ago, were sick

BADNEW

• Rep: 1
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2023, 06:43:21 PM »
enjoi 8.75
madness 8.75
some 8.75 ace hollows
oh and a few different size/hardness  k9 wheels from long island
probably will pickup an 8.6 to mix it up before its all done
was honestly rather disappointed
very few super deals i was hoping to grab a few sets of trucks but nothing really stuck out
have to wait and see if crailtap or nhs direct do anything tomorrow otherwise i think im done

Gleefull508

• Rep: 19
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2023, 06:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

wait what do you mean a girl board for 90$? that is not a deal?

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2023, 09:51:50 PM »
still looking for some ace hollow 77"s. kinda giving up on the ventures, i have some regular 6.1s that will have to do.

happy too report 0 shoes purchased so far. "i can do this, i can do this".

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2023, 11:04:43 PM »
Way too much stuff...
Anodized AF-1 55, lock in full, 2 Jacuzzi boards, 1 GX1000 board, some Thunder bolts, HKD5, a projector and I think that's it. Overall like 40% on everything
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2023, 03:35:26 AM »
X99 v1 (or x97, cant decide)
Allen Hardware
Maybe 144 Indy hollows. (149 is pretty great on 8.38 though)

My desires are few, and I don’t go through gear fast enough to warrant stocking up :/

Good looks fam thank you for the support
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2023, 04:43:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Allen Hardware

My desires are few, and I don’t go through gear fast enough to warrant stocking up :/
[close]

Now I feel bad that I got done Phillip ones :(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2023, 06:55:12 AM »
TV software is the worst; I do everything via pc, series x or ps5.

The OS on my Samsung TV (I assume some slimmed down Linux variant) is such a phenomenal piece of shit. It’s remarkable how much worse something as simple as a television has become as technology has marched “forward”.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Madam, I'm Adam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2023, 07:06:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
wait what do you mean a girl board for 90$? that is not a deal?
Well where I live, it's originally $95 and with 20% off it comes to $75, then shipping and tax. But I actually just checked and it'll be $109 and that's a bit too much, so fuck it.

And thanks @theloniousmonk I'm hyped on the mini-logos, had a set before and I'm pretty sure they outperformed a set of Swiss 6 balls.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:39:02 AM by Madam, I'm Adam »

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2023, 03:13:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Allen Hardware

[close]

[close]

Hey, nobody’s perfect
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • sup dog
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2023, 07:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Allen Hardware

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hey, nobody’s perfect
All it took was one throwaway set of Silverados that I thought “what the hell”… and now I can’t ever go back to the X’s.  The hexagons are just too beautiful, and functional.

Thank you Allen for the far superior bolts.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2023, 04:54:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Allen Hardware

[close]

[close]
[close]

Hey, nobody’s perfect
[close]
All it took was one throwaway set of Silverados that I thought “what the hell”… and now I can’t ever go back to the X’s.  The hexagons are just too beautiful, and functional.

Thank you Allen for the far superior bolts.
Everything is better with Allen ™

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2023, 07:09:57 AM »
I bought a beanie (lost mine somewhere) and the new Sugar mag and grabbed a copy of the new free mag. Impressed at my self control as was 25% off store wide..was super temped to get a set of spitfires.. might go back hahahaha.

skateboardingenthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2023, 10:59:35 AM »
Another pair of suede Tyshawn low’s. They’re the only shoe that I’ve ever had that I have had no complaints about. They’re so damn durable and the flick doesn’t run out even well into the life of the shoe. The soles don’t bald out either.

I was thinking about getting a pair of New Balance 1010’s, but the plastic lace hole on the top of them concerns me with it getting ripped off. Changed my mind on them.

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2023, 12:33:07 PM »
Another pair of suede Tyshawn low’s. They’re the only shoe that I’ve ever had that I have had no complaints about. They’re so damn durable and the flick doesn’t run out even well into the life of the shoe. The soles don’t bald out either.

I was thinking about getting a pair of New Balance 1010’s, but the plastic lace hole on the top of them concerns me with it getting ripped off. Changed my mind on them.

no problems with the plastic lace cover for me at least. as obvious as it is the biggest concern is the mesh along the toe. that got roughed up after one heelflip.
if the model u get is leather u should be set. i dislike chunky cupsoles but 1010s felt perfect after breaking in

skateboardingenthusiast

• Rep: 5
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2023, 01:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

no problems with the plastic lace cover for me at least. as obvious as it is the biggest concern is the mesh along the toe. that got roughed up after one heelflip.
if the model u get is leather u should be set. i dislike chunky cupsoles but 1010s felt perfect after breaking in
Interesting. I actually scooped up the all black suede pair. I went half a size down on them this time. The first time I got them, I went with my regular size and there was waaay too much dead space in the forefoot. Hopefully going half a size down on the 1010s this time will counteract this.

How long would you say it takes for them to break in? All the reviews I’ve watched and read on them say they’re really stiff at first. What I’m most curious about is how well the stretch and mold to your foot shape. How long does that usually take? Specifically the toe area. Do they break-in in such a way that lets you spread and spay your toes all the way, or does it stay cramped, if at all?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2023, 04:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Interesting. I actually scooped up the all black suede pair. I went half a size down on them this time. The first time I got them, I went with my regular size and there was waaay too much dead space in the forefoot. Hopefully going half a size down on the 1010s this time will counteract this.

How long would you say it takes for them to break in? All the reviews I’ve watched and read on them say they’re really stiff at first. What I’m most curious about is how well the stretch and mold to your foot shape. How long does that usually take? Specifically the toe area. Do they break-in in such a way that lets you spread and spay your toes all the way, or does it stay cramped, if at all?
For me 1010 takes like 5 min the break in but I'm a person who usually skates 808 so in comparison everything comes already ready to skate.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.