Author Topic: Budapest  (Read 2466 times)

Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
Budapest
« on: June 08, 2016, 02:53:40 AM »
Hey,

I'm going to Budapest next week.
I will stay one week and will take my board for sure.

Do you have any recommendation for skateshops and street spots ?
Maybe also a good skatepark ?
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

getonkrooked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -104
Re: Budapest
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 08:30:37 AM »
Hey,

I'm going to Budapest next week.
I will stay one week and will take my board for sure.

Do you have any recommendation for skateshops and street spots ?
Maybe also a good skatepark ?

Hi!
There's no core skateshop or anything like that in the city but probably this one called The Lab is the closest to it. It's pretty centrally located and there's some cool people working there.

EDIT: There is a core shop now called Medium, which is also a bar so it is just the best shit ever. Great brands, cheap beers so it's the number one skater hangout spot in the city right now.

For skateparks the most visited is probably is the one in Deak ter. It's nothing special but a lot of locals go there frequently and the area is a great hang-out spot. You should check the DIY spots, one done by the RIOS crew (they are rad people) on the Buda side of Petofi bridge, and the Nagyicce DIY in the suburbs.

Lot of nice spots to skate here there, there are a lot of cool stuff along the Danube on the Pest side, if you go from the bridge Szabadsag to Bridge Erzsebet there's plenty of nice spots.
Beers are cheap, the girls are cheaper so have fun!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:23:05 AM by getonkrooked »

Grind King Rims

Re: Budapest
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 03:46:32 PM »
Just back from a week and change in Budapest. Medium skate shop was sick and they lent me a deck for a week which was super nice of them. Everyone I met in the shop and at the Rios DIY spot were mad cool. Best part of the trip by far.