Author Topic: " Worst Shooting in US History " 50+ dead and 50+ injured in Night Club Shooting  (Read 12721 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Expand Quote
You can tell when someone knows nothing about guns when they say assault rifles should be banned.

Derp.
[close]

Pretty much

Really? Since the only people that I know on here who are actually government qualified expert is myself (I don't know what hate! qualed at), I might know a lot more than your hillbilly ass. When they handed me an M4 for the purpose of killing fucking people, I think I might have learned a thing or two. I also used to hump a m240b and call for fire from m109 Paladins, whose purposes where to fire projectiles. You need those things too?
you never know about pre-cum 

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
In Portugal guns are extremely hard to get, like you need a bunch of licenses and medical exams to get one, and if you get one is a hand gun at best. Hunters can have some hunting shotguns, air compressed rifles too (but nothing about assault rifles and shit). You dont see this kind of mass killings on here because people dont have them, simple as that. If you guys think that having guns will mean something for your safety and freedom think twice, those weapons are killing your brothers and sisters every single day!

I couldnt do a better video:
 The Daily Show - Gun Control Whoop-de-doo

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
In Portugal guns are extremely hard to get, like you need a bunch of licenses and medical exams to get one, and if you get one is a hand gun at best. Hunters can have some hunting shotguns, air compressed rifles too (but nothing about assault rifles and shit). You dont see this kind of mass killings on here because people dont have them, simple as that. If you guys think that having guns will mean something for your safety and freedom think twice, those weapons are killing your brothers and sisters every single day!

you're being naive. Gun laws are pretty much the same in France than in Portugal. But any weapon can be smuggled. The Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan attackers had AK47s. Drug dealers in Marseille routinely "settle their differences" with automatic weapons too. I think gun laws in the US are crazy, but again, that's not the only issue.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote

[close]

you're being naive. Gun laws are pretty much the same in France than in Portugal. But any weapon can be smuggled. The Charlie Hebdo and Bataclan attackers had AK47s. Drug dealers in Marseille routinely "settle their differences" with automatic weapons too. I think gun laws in the US are crazy, but again, that's not the only issue.

thats the thing though, its really hard for europeans (like me as well) to even imagine how a country with such easy access to guns works. i have once in my life held a gun in my hands, and apart from the people that served in the military i seriously know like 2 people that own rifles, and both of them are hunters. i`m sure that there are people with assault rifles in austria as well, since you can get everything illegally, but its way harder. and i like it that way.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, you can get the gun you want, illegaly, which is much harder to get and can get you into lots of trouble. In EUA you go to a shop, buy a rifle and start killing everyone, simple as that. Isnt that scary? I'm not saying that is the only issue, but it is an issue. Do you think EUA laws in France would prevent the tragedy? I think not, and they happen a lot less frequently in here.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
I have relatives that are diehard hunter/fishermen. I own a 12 gauge purely out of an instilled feeling that I would be a fool not to have at least something on hand to try and put up a fight if my home were invaded. I have some beers on new years and pop off a few rounds in the ground for fun but other than that it collects dust. Taking a sportsman/hunters guns though would be like our skateboards being taken. They live for that shit. Not sure what my point is. I guess on the one hand I wouldn't have a problem giving up my gun but there would always be that fear(weather rational or not) that the bad guys have one and I don't. I did have an experience when I lived in the city where a gang related shooting took place on the street right outside my house. I dropped to the floor, crawled to my room and grabbed my gun, called the police and didn't go outside till I knew they were on the scene. Despite being scared shitless having that weapon did make me feel like I had some kind of chance. Im rambling but its just something I wrestle with and can def see both sides...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, you can get the gun you want, illegaly, which is much harder to get and can get you into lots of trouble. In EUA you go to a shop, buy a rifle and start killing everyone, simple as that. Isnt that scary? I'm not saying that is the only issue, but it is an issue. Do you think EUA laws in France would prevent the tragedy? I think not, and they happen a lot less frequently in here.

we basically agree, man. It's just when you said these mass killings don't happen in Europe, I felt compelled to say something cause my country is still reeling from the attacks. And I'm sure more will be coming.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Americans being so distrustful of their government is so funny to me. So are you guys saying that if the government gave the orders to "turn on the people" (whatever that might be???), your varied armed forces would not question any orders and go on a rampage like in Game of Thrones? Are they going to hold you at gunpoint until you buy the big pharma's product?

You don't need guns to protect yourself from the government, you're not fucking Africa. You don't need guns to protect yourself from gangs, since you'll always end up on the losing end (let the cops handle it). You just need guns to protect yourself from people gone mad that have a gun just like you.

Now, if those people only had access to knives etc., a lot less people would get hurt.

Edit: this is pretty much on point
http://www.theonion.com/article/concerned-nra-official-rushes-out-purchase-congres-53084
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:09:49 AM by KoRnholio8 »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
  ^Kay so , ... let's suppose that your a racist piece of shit cop, just suppose, and you want to kick somebody's door in.  If you think someone might be on the other side with a pistol or a rifle, and that you might catch a bullet in you're fat ass, are you REALLY REALLy as likely to kick that door in dude???  come on (and like i said 3d printed guns will be around soon bro, -you'll get to give up the argument then)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 09:21:41 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
That reminds me, homophobia is the most ignorant word.

Ive met people that dislike gays but im pretty sure they were not deathly afraid of them.

J soy you should just add "shitty people" and remove the others

Have you ever heard of etymology? A word like "cool" used to apply strictly to the temperature of a thing. And a word like "asshole", when looking at it strictly for what it represents, wouldn't be used to describe a poster like you, but rather the sphincter.

In other words, context is everything.

Main

• Rep: -208
An AR-15 is a semi-automatic and fires one round each time the trigger is pulled, just like a pistol or a revolver. There is technically no such thing as an "assault weapon". It is simply a semi-automatic rifle.

What people perceive as an "assault weapon" is a fully automatic machine gun, which you cannot casually walk into a gun store and buy. You have to jump through several hoops to even obtain a tax stamp from the ATF that says you may purchase such a gun, and good luck if you receive that stamp while you're alive. Not to mention, military-style fully automatics are more expensive and most gun shops don't even carry them because of the two reasons listed.

The recent shootings in the last decade were done with semi-automatics. Not fully automatic machine guns. The real reason stupid people push the agenda to ban the AR-15 or other military-looking guns is simply that. Cosmetics. It looks "spookier". It's completely misguided and will serve no purpose and will stop no shootings from happening.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
^
So, a couple of things... It's obvious who the one that doesn't know shit about guns is now. And if it's only scary cosmetic that make people want to ban them, what's the problem? It's not that effective as a weapon, so fuck it, get rid of it!

Oh, but it's only been standard issue for militaries around the world for over 50 years, with minimal changes to it.

rideflannel

I think most people know that these aren't fully automatic weapons. It's not cosmetics. It's the fact that these assault rifles coupled with high capacity magazines serve only one purpose. To kill. HUGE difference between a normal hand gun with a 10 to 12 bullet magazine.

Also, how come gun advocates who use the excuse of owning firearms to protect themselves from the government are normally the same people who feel like the government is completely incompetent? You're right, they can't get healthcare right but ,god damn, they sure are capable of conspiring to send in the black helicopters to take your guns or cart your family off to a fema death camp.  ::)

« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:07:50 AM by rideflannel »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
I just keep hearing everyone say "AR-15s are semi-automatic, they are not automatic machine gun death sticks blah blah". That's not the fucking point. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF OWNING AN AR-15?!?! None of you mother fuckers have answered that simple fucking God damn question!

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
I just keep hearing everyone say "AR-15s are semi-automatic, they are not automatic machine gun death sticks blah blah". That's not the fucking point. WHAT THE FUCK IS THE POINT OF OWNING AN AR-15?!?! None of you mother fuckers have answered that simple fucking God damn question!

Simple answer bro. It snags me a bucket-load of pussy and it makes my dick look John Holmes-esque.

Eric ricks

I did. For hunting

Very popular coyote gun.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal

It's accurate, lightweight, can put a lot of rounds in a target very quickly, easy to use and maintain, can be easily modified or fit with accessories, the round does a ton of internal damage too, so that's a huge bonus... YOU LOOK LIKE MOTHER FUCKING SHWARZENEGGER IN COMMANDO AND YOU CAN PRETEND YOU'RE A DELTA OPERATOR AT THE SAME TIME.

Expand Quote

[close]

I did. For hunting

Very popular coyote gun.

You can kill a coyote with literally any other gun.

Eric ricks

Expand Quote

[close]

It's accurate, lightweight, can put a lot of rounds in a target very quickly, easy to use and maintain, can be easily modified or fit with accessories, the round does a ton of internal damage too, so that's a huge bonus... YOU LOOK LIKE MOTHER FUCKING SHWARZENEGGER IN COMMANDO AND YOU CAN PRETEND YOU'RE A DELTA OPERATOR AT THE SAME TIME.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I did. For hunting

Very popular coyote gun.

[close]

You can kill a coyote with literally any other gun.

Yes you can. I just use a typical .22

I dont have an ar15 so I dont care either way. Just adding to the discussion.

If you are being interviewed by the FBI, I think its obvious you should be "red flagged" and not able to legally obtain or purchase any firearm

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156

Ive met people that dislike gays but im pretty sure they were not deathly afraid of them.

If fear leads to anger, and anger leads to hate (thanks Yoda), then irrational fear of homosexuals leads to irrational hatred of homosexuals.

So, using "homophobic" for haters of homosexuals is not being ignorant of etymology, but knowledgeable of psychological origins of their hatred; their fear.

But if you want to be etymologically correct, you should call haters of homosexuals "misomofylofilos."

try it out, see if it catches on

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
How do all these nutjobs get hold of AK's?

AK47 Full Auto Shooting

Eric ricks

Expand Quote

[close]

If fear leads to anger, and anger leads to hate (thanks Yoda), then irrational fear of homosexuals leads to irrational hatred of homosexuals.

So, using "homophobic" for haters of homosexuals is not being ignorant of etymology, but knowledgeable of psychological origins of their hatred; their fear.

But if you want to be etymologically correct, you should call haters of homosexuals "misomofylofilos."

try it out, see if it catches on

Good point!

Also, Islam allows sex with little boys.

How the fuck do they justify hating gay people?

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

we basically agree, man. It's just when you said these mass killings don't happen in Europe, I felt compelled to say something cause my country is still reeling from the attacks. And I'm sure more will be coming.
how can you guys compare portugal (10.5 million people) to america when just one city (NYC) has 8.5 million people?....and also a ban on assault weapons in the state...

Main

• Rep: -208
Yes, it absolutely has everything to do with cosmetics. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) passed in 1994 banned the sale of assault weapons to American citizens. Since "assault weapon" had no technical meaning, they had to define it. The definition was semi-automatic firearms that shared too many cosmetic features with their fully automatic counterparts. It also banned certain things you could put on your gun because it could start to look too spooo-ooo-oo-ky.

This also included the ban of high capacity magazines. One of the perpetrators of Columbine, Eric Harris, was completely unaffected by the regulation where you could only carry the normal 10-round magazines. He simply brought more of them, 13 magazines in total were found and he fired a total of 96 shots. Then there was the Virginia Tech massacre, which was even worse than Columbine. Cho used 17 magazines and fired 170 rounds. He didn't use any spooky "assault weapons", just two pistols.

In the end, "assault weapons" only accounted for 2% of guns used in the commission of a crime and this was before the ban was put in place. It expired in 2004 and wasn't renewed because it failed to have an impact on gun crime. Derpidy derp.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203

the whole auto/semi auto thing is irrelevant, no one that actually knows how to handle a weapon will shoot automatic, you can be way more efficient with your ammunition and alot more accurate shooting one round at a time.
I live in a place where the probability of actually using a weapon to stop a terror attack is way higher than alot of other places but still, im happy weapons are heavily regulated here. A weapon in untrained hands can cause way more damage than good in alot of scenarios.
 you dont want trigger happy people that waited their whole life to take a life legally and be the hero running around the scene of a terror attack.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 12:12:04 PM by eranka »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
Yes, it absolutely has everything to do with cosmetics. The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) passed in 1994 banned the sale of assault weapons to American citizens. Since "assault weapon" had no technical meaning, they had to define it. The definition was semi-automatic firearms that shared too many cosmetic features with their fully automatic counterparts. It also banned certain things you could put on your gun because it could start to look too spooo-ooo-oo-ky.

This also included the ban of high capacity magazines. One of the perpetrators of Columbine, Eric Harris, was completely unaffected by the regulation where you could only carry the normal 10-round magazines. He simply brought more of them, 13 magazines in total were found and he fired a total of 96 shots. Then there was the Virginia Tech massacre, which was even worse than Columbine. Cho used 17 magazines and fired 170 rounds. He didn't use any spooky "assault weapons", just two pistols.

In the end, "assault weapons" only accounted for 2% of guns used in the commission of a crime and this was before the ban was put in place. It expired in 2004 and wasn't renewed because it failed to have an impact on gun crime. Derpidy derp.

You're a straight up fucking idiot. So it's all cosmetic, not the enhanced lethality of the features and attachments. Silencers and suppressors are really spooky. Bayonets are really spooky. The ar15 was created to kill people more effectively than the m14. that's it. Why does the general public need that?

And good job bringing up VT and columbine, 2 glaring examples of the need for more strict gun control.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
How do all these nutjobs get hold of AK's?

AK47 Full Auto Shooting

theyre not that hard to get ahold of. my buddy went to a gun show and walked out with a POS chinese made AK for like $200. theyre legal as long as theyre not fully automatic, but i wouldnt doubt that you can do a few quick searches to figured out how to mod it so it is. they also these things called bump stocks for them, and they basically use the recoil to make the gun as automatic as it gets. they probably have them for AR15s too.

Bump Fire Stock for AK 47 / 74

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
how can you guys compare portugal (10.5 million people) to america when just one city (NYC) has 8.5 million people?....and also a ban on assault weapons in the state...

To Portugal add all the other countries in european union, i'm pretty sure that all of them combined dont have half the homicides that occur in the EUA. There is no such thing as an idiot go out, take a riffle and goes into a mass murder in here. When that happen is crime organizations that are behind it, and those you cant control, because they get guns no mather what, but the population you can control. If a regular person cant get their hands into some assault rifle, semi-automatic, water gun, (i dont give a shit), they simply dont have the weapon to start a mass murder. All the weapons should be checked, not just some of them. You should go through a mental exam, regularly, even if it is for a hand gun, nobody wants those guns in the hands of crazy people. Those things kill more people than protect anyone. 

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

swag nollies

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on this dude is queer and hated himself so much he had to kill other gay men who accepted themselves for being gay.
Has this been quoted? Hit it on the head if this whole thing is real.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
  ^ Well he was registered to a 'gay' site online and I think he had frequented the club b4 so theres a chance.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"