Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 13626 times)

Clayton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Overwatch
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:53:48 PM »
Recently had a serious ankle injury and finally decided to pick up a PS4 to pass time. Picked up Overwatch after a friend hyped it up and started showing me videos of it.

Overwatch Gameplay Trailer #2

Game's fucking sick. Most FPS's you're a product of your gun. Each character in Overwatch is so different you rely on their actual abilities just as much as their equipment. It's easy to make fun of Blizzard games by passing them off as a little nerdy but they nailed it with this one.

Anyone out there trying to play hit me up - slayasback

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
Re: Overwatch
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 06:00:23 PM »
Yea I'm having a lot of fun with it. I think I like playing as a tank more than anything. Roadhog is petty fun. I'll add you if I get on tonight, radgnar510
you never know about pre-cum 

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:04:29 AM »
Looking into start playing it . I still prefer Arma 3 and CS GO though for now

Blizzard always makes a killer product though . They really make things that everybody will like

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:04:59 AM »
been holding off on this as i have a bunch of games I've not yet really put any time into, plus I'm in the final year of my degree course and work is fucking mental - something to get hooked on is not something I need in my life at the minute

shame tho as the beta was fun and playing with a good team is proper fun

tranny curb

• Rep: -52
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »
yeah im out with injuries as well. i play on pc though.  yungcrackroc#1790
Scott Bourne is the poor man's Maya Angelou.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 11:20:01 AM »
been holding off on this as i have a bunch of games I've not yet really put any time into, plus I'm in the final year of my degree course and work is fucking mental - something to get hooked on is not something I need in my life at the minute

not to get you hooked this is different from a lot of blizzard games in that you can play a quick match (10-15 min) and walk away. 

im really digging overwatch.  however i should add i am on a team and we regularly play with six so we actually play with strategy and work as a team.  I have heard that some of the PUGs is just a free for all.

what heros are you guys playing?
my top 3 are
Lucio
Torbjorn
Winston
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

tranny curb

• Rep: -52
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not to get you hooked this is different from a lot of blizzard games in that you can play a quick match (10-15 min) and walk away. 

im really digging overwatch.  however i should add i am on a team and we regularly play with six so we actually play with strategy and work as a team.  I have heard that some of the PUGs is just a free for all.

my top 3 are
Lucio
Torbjorn
Winston

i play 6 man as well, but if no one is on and i go to a public alone its a complete shit show..  i play reinhardt and ill push and turn around and no one is behind me because they are all busy chasing tracer around the map thinking its some call of duty death match.
Scott Bourne is the poor man's Maya Angelou.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 06:47:53 AM »
is the teams  Good vs bad ? like if one team has tracer , the other side/team cant have tracer ?

and can you have 2 tracers on 1 team ? or are they unique ?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:37 PM »
Prestige Rank 1 Lvl 66 - playing on XBL with a bunch of regulars, enough for two full teams.

Add me on XBL if you want in and don't suck GT: Xen

Clayton

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

my top 3 are
Lucio
Torbjorn
Winston

Reinhart
Genji
Junkrat
Symmetra

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »
is the teams  Good vs bad ? like if one team has tracer , the other side/team cant have tracer ?

and can you have 2 tracers on 1 team ? or are they unique ?

Anyone one can be any one.  I've had a full match of all solider 76 v solider 76.

On pc the community is pretty good for the most part and people will pick up on stuff like that and go for it. I think once (if) they start showing a rating you will see less of it

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 07:43:05 PM »
I usually play as Junkrat, Hanzo, and D.Va.  I'm loving the game so far, it has a lot of subtle depth.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 08:01:19 PM »
I got on last night after a few weeks off. I feel like I'm the one trying to do the right thing and heal or balance the team when everyone wants to roll reaper, tracer or torbjorn

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:19 PM »
About to pop prestige Rank 2, just started playing ranked so still pretty low.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 09:04:47 PM »
Fuck this game. Half the time people don't play the objective and it's infuriating. I've never thrown a controller in to the ground before this game. I think I'm trading it in tomorrow.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 09:15:42 PM »
PLayed it abit now . Kind of a very casual shooter but I guess much better then battlefield and COD

Ill stick to CS GO though ,

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »
anyone else still playing this game?  its aging really well for me and i enjoy more and more as time goes on...

new map is really fucking cool and im pretty hyped for sombra

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2016, 12:26:56 PM »
It's free on consoles for the weekend. I traded it in out of frustration but have been thinking about picking it up again.

Clayton

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 04:15:33 PM »
anyone else still playing this game?  its aging really well for me and i enjoy more and more as time goes on...

new map is really fucking cool and im pretty hyped for sombra

Still playing it. Addicted. Got the gold Reinhardt hammer/axe. Trying to master different characters gives it a lot of replay value.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2016, 12:50:30 PM »

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »
yes this is still my main game (and probably will be until destiny 2)

BUT

NEW CHARACTER of the PTR, Into quick play, and (almost) in comp play-- Anchor Tank Orisa!!

ORISA In Depth: Skills, Cooldowns & Damage Breakdown (Overwatch)

however I will not use her because this is my man!!...

htts://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3o5ssSIJso

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 03:28:51 PM »
My main hitters are Junkrat, Winston and Zenny.

Only played Orisa in the PTR and wasn't a fan.

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 04:47:10 AM »
Seoul dynasty motherfuckers
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 01:49:46 AM »
Bumping this thread because this is the only game I play.

Anyone else play on PC tryna link up? I play with a few other skater homies, be rad to have some slap heads join. (We’re all gold-play).

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2020, 05:01:09 AM »
Bumping this thread because this is the only game I play.

Anyone else play on PC tryna link up? I play with a few other skater homies, be rad to have some slap heads join. (We’re all gold-play).
Bro ad me but let me know your username. I play every day with my girlfriend lol. I'm trying to rank up in competitive. I'm pretty good but never have a solid group to play with. My competitive rank sucks because I used to play it with my gf for lootboxes but recently we only play arcade and stuff because it kills my rank.

adirtyburger

You might have added me before but I didn't know who you were.

waffle

• Rep: 123
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2020, 06:00:28 AM »
Dope! My brother plays w his gf as well sometimes.

Never added you but I will next week (out of town atm). Expect a pm!

Which characters do you play? My all time favorite is Torb (I climbed to 2950 with him twice) but ever since role queue I’ve been running rein or lucio. Also decent at junkets.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2020, 06:33:48 AM »
Dope! My brother plays w his gf as well sometimes.

Never added you but I will next week (out of town atm). Expect a pm!

Which characters do you play? My all time favorite is Torb (I climbed to 2950 with him twice) but ever since role queue I’ve been running rein or lucio. Also decent at junkets.
I'm actually a pretty good D.Va. I've never really played a whole season by myself trying to climb. I didn't even know how it worked until recently. I had the game forever but didn't play much until my girlfriend got into it this summer, now we play a few times a week.

I actually just started using Torb more too! His turret is the shit. Role que kind of sucks when I'm stuck in lower ranks because people don't want to switch. Otherwise in quick play classic, when needed I'll go bastion.

My new favorite thing to do when they have No Limits in arcade is to get 2 torbs, a bastion, and an Orisa. We put two turrets on either side of the payload, Bastion turrets in the middle, and you throw Orisa's shield on the hood, it turns the payload into like an auto kill tank. We did it and the payload never stopped lol.

G raham

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2020, 12:29:12 AM »
anyone else really underwhelmed with what overwatch 2 had to show? unless they add at least like 5 new heroes it just looks like a basic update
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2020, 01:09:16 AM »
anyone else really underwhelmed with what overwatch 2 had to show? unless they add at least like 5 new heroes it just looks like a basic update
I am underwhelmed in the sense that they didn't make it clear enough how gameplay was changing. And they only showed a few new hero models. I think it looks better in terms of aethetics, the game mode push looks cool too. The general consensus seems to be the multiplayer will still be free, getting a face lift of sorts, and if you pay extra you can get the sort of campaign features, that's what I've heard anyways. I'm interested in gameplay mechanic changes, and seeing more new hero models. I hate that they announced it and like didn't really say shit about it. They seemed to just need something for Blizzcon.

G raham

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2020, 08:11:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I am underwhelmed in the sense that they didn't make it clear enough how gameplay was changing. And they only showed a few new hero models. I think it looks better in terms of aethetics, the game mode push looks cool too. The general consensus seems to be the multiplayer will still be free, getting a face lift of sorts, and if you pay extra you can get the sort of campaign features, that's what I've heard anyways. I'm interested in gameplay mechanic changes, and seeing more new hero models. I hate that they announced it and like didn't really say shit about it. They seemed to just need something for Blizzcon.

push can be over in three minutes apparently, cool how theres new maps n shit but we were sort of expecting them anyway, graphics were something I think no one was really complaining about in the first place I feel so yeah heavily underwhelmed. trying to learn dota now it shares some dna with overwatch its fucking so hard tho