Author Topic: New Pappalardo part?  (Read 19928 times)

Robert Baratheon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
Re: New Pappalardo part?
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2016, 07:38:03 AM »
Just to reiterate for the record, in spite of my diminishing faith in all of yall's reading comprehension, that I never said that Pops did anything with bad style. You see his spot selection start to change in Mosaic (2003). It's all dope as shit. He just looks better doing more technical tricks.

HungUp

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2016, 11:25:43 AM »
  "Form of puleo tribute" -that was dope, ha.    That being said, I don't really get that same crazy vibe from puleo's interviews, check out his Bobshirt, he seems on point to me.

Nah Bobby's good.  I was just referencing that shit behind Static IV and the interviews and speculation around that.  Honestly I think he and Pop's do have a similar issue though, which is taking yourself too seriously.  And constant victimhood is never a good look.
They may have some other issues with depression or substances or whatever, most likely some OCD, but that's pretty much normal shit for skaters their age.  It's a bummer they don't/we don't get to see them skate much.  At least they're interesting, all these jocks out here bore me to death.

Which is why I'm backing Shawn Powers, a true street visionary  ;)

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »
Expand Quote
  "Form of puleo tribute" -that was dope, ha.    That being said, I don't really get that same crazy vibe from puleo's interviews, check out his Bobshirt, he seems on point to me.
[close]

Nah Bobby's good.  I was just referencing that shit behind Static IV and the interviews and speculation around that.  Honestly I think he and Pop's do have a similar issue though, which is taking yourself too seriously.  And constant victimhood is never a good look.
They may have some other issues with depression or substances or whatever, most likely some OCD, but that's pretty much normal shit for skaters their age.  It's a bummer they don't/we don't get to see them skate much.  At least they're interesting, all these jocks out here bore me to death.

Are you talking about the incident where Bobby found that spot and filmed his trick first, and then the other dude went to the same spot and got a better trick?

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2016, 06:17:42 PM »

Yeah, I mean I often walk into to restaurants off the street and lose at a dude (in front of their pregnant wife) because I have beef with them :D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »

always enjoyed this one
good come sausage

HungUp

« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are you talking about the incident where Bobby found that spot and filmed his trick first, and then the other dude went to the same spot and got a better trick?

Yup, and also his reaction to his clips being used in that Magenta video without his consent. The shit about him shrieking like an animal cracks me up.

https://kingpinmag.com/longform/vivien-feil-static-iv-original-edit-josh-stewart1#MhzKJXPU6dFUuevp.97

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2016, 10:00:11 AM »
Great story^^^^

I'd love to hear a one where someone unknowingly filmed something at one of 'his' spots. What a kook.

The Lap Dancer

• Rep: -49
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2016, 04:24:45 PM »
Great story^^^^

I'd love to hear a one where someone unknowingly filmed something at one of 'his' spots. What a kook.
You're a kook as well as that Vivien dude. How dares that dude to make fun of Bobby fucking Puleo? Personalities have their opinion and their own behavior that's different from all of the "normal" ones, that's the reason why they are personalities. His views are one of the things that make him so great. I fully support his ideology same as Ricky's, skateboarding is not a jock fest where you get taken to the spot to huck the "best trick".
the lap dancer ...more like the slap cancer.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
The shit about him shrieking like an animal cracks me up.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dave Fuck

• Rep: -6
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2016, 05:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yup, and also his reaction to his clips being used in that Magenta video without his consent. The shit about him shrieking like an animal cracks me up.

https://kingpinmag.com/longform/vivien-feil-static-iv-original-edit-josh-stewart1#MhzKJXPU6dFUuevp.97

Dude, reading that article just made me like Bobby so much more. The part about him riding by on his bike screaming like an animal made me laugh so hard. They really should make that book of Bobby quotes and put some other crazy stories in it. I would definitely buy it.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2016, 07:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]
You're a kook as well as that Vivien dude. How dares that dude to make fun of Bobby fucking Puleo? Personalities have their opinion and their own behavior that's different from all of the "normal" ones, that's the reason why they are personalities. His views are one of the things that make him so great. I fully support his ideology same as Ricky's, skateboarding is not a jock fest where you get taken to the spot to huck the "best trick".

I don't think Ricky can complain about anything being a jock fest. Look at his instagram - he's obsessed with UFC.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

The Lap Dancer

• Rep: -49
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2016, 03:58:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]
[close]

I don't think Ricky can complain about anything being a jock fest. Look at his instagram - he's obsessed with UFC.
Just because he enjoys watching sports doesn't mean it has to do anything with skateboarding. I like to watch sports events occasionally myself and I might even like to participate in friendly environment, but I would never ever want anything of that in skateboarding, nor affiliated with it. When it's about skateboarding, it's a completely different thing and completely another world. As far as I know, Ricky's about it as well.
the lap dancer ...more like the slap cancer.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2016, 07:06:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]
[close]

When the Pam Anderson/Tommy Lee sex tape came out, some booth at a surf expo was playing it on a tiny little shitty TV and a big crowd gathered because Pam Anderson was still hot. When it got to the dick-heavy Tommy Lee stuff, people started leaving or shouting to turn it off, but not Ricky. Ricky said very quietly, firmly, and seriously "leave it on." without breaking his stare from the TV. Ricky was still watching it when I left.

HungUp

« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2016, 07:19:40 AM »
Now THAT is a great fucking story ^^^^^

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2016, 07:32:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]
[close]

[close]

When the Pam Anderson/Tommy Lee sex tape came out, some booth at a surf expo was playing it on a tiny little shitty TV and a big crowd gathered because Pam Anderson was still hot. When it got to the dick-heavy Tommy Lee stuff, people started leaving or shouting to turn it off, but not Ricky. Ricky said very quietly, firmly, and seriously "leave it on." without breaking his stare from the TV. Ricky was still watching it when I left.

holy shit  :D :D :D :D

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2016, 07:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]

Who the fuck tells any skateboarder where they can skate and what they are allowed to film?

Oh wait, Ricky, Bobby, and police officers do.

'Locals Only' bullshit is and always has been the ultimate Jock attitude.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2016, 11:11:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Like Spanky, he has better style when he's doing more technical tricks.

Unless you have a super solid, stylish ollie, which Pop does not, then you aren't going to look as good doing wallies and skating banks.
[close]

I'm not even a Pops fanboy, but that statement is utter rubbish.
[close]

Someone post that clip of Pops bailing ollieing a pyramid and eating shit.

Tried to find it but only found this instead.

All things considered, a pretty good Popps section actually.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2016, 04:32:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Unless you have a super solid, stylish ollie, which Pop does not, then you aren't going to look as good doing wallies and skating banks.
[close]

[close]

[close]

Legendary clip

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2016, 04:42:13 PM »
  Bobby apparently yelled at someone he had a problem with.  In a restaurant. Omg.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2016, 11:52:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Legendary clip

lol x 1000

asakusa75

« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2016, 02:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Legendary clip

Wow.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2016, 10:20:21 AM »
I'd rather watch Pops rip of Australians on PayPal than...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #112 on: June 19, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Great story^^^^

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

holy shit  :D :D :D :D

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #113 on: June 19, 2016, 10:36:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

If it's the same clip I am thinking of, it's in the Pretty Sweet trailer. At 2:10: