Author Topic: Lucas new shoe ( premier adv ) and a small interview  (Read 23198 times)

coneklr

Re: Lucas new shoe ( premier adv ) and a small interview
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 11:17:51 AM »

Nice Xen!  Thanks for your thoughts on them!

These are my first thoughts and impression after finally getting some time on board in them

First, the things I didn't like
- the insole is garbage ( I wasn't expecting adiprene or anything but at least an insole as nice as the ones in the other Lucas's or Busenitz )
- minor heel slip if I wear thin/no socks or if I don't lace to the top hole
- little cushioning - doesn't bother me but I could see this being an issue if you jump down things
- slight rubbing on the outside of my right foot knuckle which went away after a little bit ( I had the same issue in his first model )

The things I did like
- I love the look of the shoe
- They skated great from the first push
- The flick is perfect
- Board feel is good
- After a few the fit felt just right ( this was laced all the way up with slightly thicker socks )
- Although there isn't much cushioning the shoe felt really supportive and solid
- Really breathable

Final thoughts ( as of now with only a few hours in ) are that it is a great shoe for low impact stuff, that offers great support and breathability while looking really good.  You could swap out insoles and get a bit more cushion if needed and that may take the shoe up a notch.  I really like the shoe but do not think it's gonna be the be most people's favorite Lucas model.  From a functional standpoint it may be a step back, but it is definitely my favorite of his shoes appearance wise and seems like it will be a good shoe, just may not be his best shoe performance wise ( although it's still early on ).

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:19:22 AM by coneklr »

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »
Roomy feeling (US 10) all around, but I was wearing thin, low profile athletic socks (workout socks). A regular crew sock or anything with a little weight to it would be fine.

Great stuff guys. I actually sized down to 9.5 (normally a 10) because of these exact reasons. I tried on the 10 first and feeling how roomy it was, I wanted to feel the 9.5 to compare. I probably would've been fine with the 10, but the 9.5 gave me a little more heel lock and still felt great in the toe box. Overall, I'm a big fan of this shoe.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Roomy feeling (US 10) all around, but I was wearing thin, low profile athletic socks (workout socks). A regular crew sock or anything with a little weight to it would be fine.
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Great stuff guys. I actually sized down to 9.5 (normally a 10) because of these exact reasons. I tried on the 10 first and feeling how roomy it was, I wanted to feel the 9.5 to compare. I probably would've been fine with the 10, but the 9.5 gave me a little more heel lock and still felt great in the toe box. Overall, I'm a big fan of this shoe.

I can't size down, I tell myself I can and it will be fine but it never is. I do it with Van's and did it with the boozntits, had to go back up to a 10, I'd rather it be a little roomy than have it be tight/cramped toes; thicker insoles/socks usually do the trick. I don't have any 'skate' socks only athletic socks, and they tend to be much thinner than most socks.

Love the look of the shoe, went to buy another pair today and they are sold out in so many sizes. New colorways are due soon tho so I won't skate these (I'll stick with my Vanes AVE prolites).

coneklr

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »
I know, I need to grab another set in this color for chillers before I can't find them anymore

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »
Xen and Coneklr - agreed again! Pics don't really do the shoe justice with how nice they are on foot. They look great as chillers with jeans or shorts. Not trying to unnecessarily hype the shoe, but I couldn't agree more with both of you.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2016, 06:24:28 PM »
From a functional standpoint it may be a step back
Fears = confirmed
I still don't think it looks "that" good, I mean it's hardly standing out from the rest of the pack (unlike his first shoe).
Anyway, I already knew I wasn't getting a pair of these, appreciate the review of them though

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:10 PM »
I know, I need to grab another set in this color for chillers before I can't find them anymore

Tactics and Adidas are out of 10s.

Just nabbed a pair of 10s from Skatewarehouse.

First shoe I've double dipped right away on.

coneklr

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 08:48:54 AM »
Xen and Coneklr - agreed again! Pics don't really do the shoe justice with how nice they are on foot. They look great as chillers with jeans or shorts. Not trying to unnecessarily hype the shoe, but I couldn't agree more with both of you.

:-*

Expand Quote
From a functional standpoint it may be a step back
[close]
Fears = confirmed
I still don't think it looks "that" good, I mean it's hardly standing out from the rest of the pack (unlike his first shoe).
Anyway, I already knew I wasn't getting a pair of these, appreciate the review of them though

Don't get too worried about that.  I'm only a few hours in ... and I will say that I've done more flip tricks and noticed less wear marks so far in these.  So unless you jump down huge shit they may end up being a great shoe.  That comment was only in regards to the 2 previous Lucas shoes, that I know many hold the pro in really high regard and I was a huge fan of the ADV, I think the less cushiony feel and the comparison to the other Lucas shoes were the reason for that comment.  But I'll know for sure in the next couple weeks when I get more time in them.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 12:43:50 PM »

coneklr

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »

How people don't think that is a great looking shoe is beyond me!   8)

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 02:35:08 AM »

Damn! tight-ass lacing on that. After a couple of days of just walking around my pair which i bought at my size(10) the heel lock is starting to diminish due to the re-inforced heel cup being made out of rubber. like it just got floppy and not sturdy anymore. i think i shoulld've bought it half-size down...

EDIT: It might also be due to the whole back part being mesh that made it less sturdy after it broke in...

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 09:40:26 AM »
Can you feel if there's a layer of foam in the midsole like this in the original? It looks like it has some based on just the looks. Tanks for your input.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 09:44:46 AM »
Already getting tons of comments and looks from people (hilarious to watch people check you out then linger on your shoes).

coneklr

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »
Can you feel if there's a layer of foam in the midsole like this in the original? It looks like it has some based on just the looks. Tanks for your input.

I don't think there is.  I believe this is a new sole based off of an adidas sole from the past and is not the same as his first two models.  It also doesn't feel as cushioned as the previous two.

Already getting tons of comments and looks from people (hilarious to watch people check you out then linger on your shoes).

Haha, that is awesome!  I'm tempted to grab a pair of the black/white ones that just came out but I think I need a second pair of the original color way first.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2016, 10:53:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think there is.  I believe this is a new sole based off of an adidas sole from the past and is not the same as his first two models.  It also doesn't feel as cushioned as the previous two.

Expand Quote
[close]

Haha, that is awesome!  I'm tempted to grab a pair of the black/white ones that just came out but I think I need a second pair of the original color way first.

Wish they did a black and gum version.

Righteous Victim

• Rep: 110
  • Get yourself looked at.
    • Letterboxd avatar image
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2016, 12:49:15 PM »
Where can Canadians buy these shits. I just about bought them off ebay but the total ended up being $147.

tangent

• Rep: 10
  • ...i'm not trying to be the best at exercising
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2016, 07:38:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wish they did a black and gum version.

Spring summer 17

micky682

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2016, 07:47:58 PM »
So which is better, ADV or the original Lucas Pro?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2016, 08:12:10 PM »
adv. didnt bag out as hard and shit held together better.

micky682

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2016, 09:34:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
adv. didnt bag out as hard and shit held together better.
The premier one or Pro 2.0 (ADV)?

coneklr

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 09:00:20 AM »

You'll find the answer to this varying greatly depending on who you ask.  I'm too early in to say for sure where the new shoe will end up but I liked the ADV more than the Pro but I feel like I'm in the minority on that one.  I'm really liking this new shoe but I do wish it had a bit more padding but the board feel/flick/breathability are all really good.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2016, 12:38:57 PM »
Been wearing my first pair all the time, the look and feel is too good; resisting the urge to skate them but they feel like a sportcar compared to the Vans AVE rapid lites I just picked up.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2016, 10:43:23 PM »
I'm intending on this colorway being my first of the new Lucas shoe. Anyone know what material it is? I'm hoping for leather.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2016, 12:54:45 PM »
Anyone know where I can get the original colorway in a size 12?  I totally slept on them.

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2016, 04:38:49 PM »
Anyone know where I can get the original colorway in a size 12?  I totally slept on them.
Would you like to buy mine? I'm still sitting on two pairs of the OG Lucas Pros.
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

jamersonbass

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2016, 05:35:37 PM »
I was referring to the new model. Wanted to pick some up for chillers as I don't think the mesh would hold up to my heelflips.

coneklr

jamersonbass

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2016, 02:52:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Shoes/Adidas/p/Adidas-Lucas-Premiere-ADV-crystal-whitewhitesun-glow-x19099740.htm

Good looks but the shipping to MI is pretty steep.  I appreciate it though!

Pauly Walnuts

• Rep: -5
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
I was referring to the new model. Wanted to pick some up for chillers as I don't think the mesh would hold up to my heelflips.
So was I, only skated them for a little bit. Just not too into it and I got a ton of pairs to burn through. Let me know if you're interested.
http://m.imgur.com/AnR2NGK?r
http://m.imgur.com/GmYVNvN?r
"I told you a long time ago you fucking little monkey not to fuck me"-Alejandro Sosa

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2016, 08:08:53 PM »
I'm intending on this colorway being my first of the new Lucas shoe. Anyone know what material it is? I'm hoping for leather.